Food Vendor Details
If you are providing food and/or beverages at a public event, such as a concert, festival or fair, a Temporary Food Facility (TFF) Vendor Authorization is required from Placer County Environmental Health.
Applicants may submit for a single event or a multi-event vendor authorization depending on whether the operator of the food booth plans to participate in multiple community events.
To use forms marked as "PDF-fillable form," open the form you need by clicking on the appropriate link, click on the download icon in the upper right, rename the form, and save it locally (i.e. to your desktop). Close your website browser, and then open the PDF you just saved in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Now you can type in the fields and sign electronically. Be sure to save your changes, and then attach your completed form in an email to us.
Food Vendor Authorization Checklist
- Download and complete an Application for Temporary Food Facility (TFF) Vendor Authorization (PDF-Fillable Form).
- Email your completed application to [email protected] at least two weeks before the event to ensure sufficient time for processing. Applicants submitting via email will receive an emailed invoice with instructions to submit payment online via credit card or e-check. Your emailed invoice will include the correct fee amount. Current fees can also be found online here: Permits, Forms, & Fees
Once your application is reviewed for completeness and deemed acceptable per state guidelines, the approving inspector will email your authorization letter.
Food Vendor Responsibilities After Receiving Authorization:
- Provide a copy of your authorization letter to the Community Event Coordinator for the event you intend to participate.
- Post your authorization letter in your food booth during the event in a location visible to the public.
- Complete one Placer County TFF Self-Inspection Checklist (PDF) per booth per event and post next to your authorization letter.
For questions related to Community Events and/or operating a Temporary Food Facility, feel free to contact us at [email protected].