Fire Safe Alliance
The vision of the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance is to have informed, educated, and fire defensible communities that will result in enhanced protection of lives, property, and natural resources through a collaborative approach in a fire prone environment.
The Placer County Fire Safe Alliance provides community assistance, information, and educational programs in an effort to reduce the risks of wildfire danger to life and property in our county.
To attend the April 15 meeting:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 619-483-4068,,340514480# United States, San Diego
Phone Conference ID: 340 514 480#
Our mission is to minimize the risk of catastrophic losses of lives, property, and natural resources due to wildfire in the following ways:
- To inform and educate the public on fire safe communities, fire risk, and fire hazard mitigation.
- To aid, assist, and participate in fire mitigation planning efforts.
- To prioritize and secure funding for coordinated fire safe projects and activities.
- To monitor and review fire safe activities to ensure alliance goals are met.
Our focus is on the wildland-urban intermix, fuel load reduction/healthy forest ecosystem, and fire safe communities.
While long term forest health and catastrophic wildland fires are of critical concern, we also recognize the need to maintain the area’s economic stability, level of public safety and services.
Alliance stakeholders include public agencies representing federal, state and local resource management, local Fire Districts, community Fire Safe Councils, and private industry representatives. All members of the Alliance work to improve public safety, preparedness, security and community vitality in our region.
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)
- City of Auburn
- City of Colfax
- Fire Safe Council of Nevada County
- Foresthill / Iowa Hill Fire Safe Council
- Greater Auburn Area Fire Safe Council
- Greater Lincoln Fire Safe Council
- Placer County
- Placer County Air Pollution Control District (APCS)
- Placer County Office of Emergency Services (OES)
- Placer County Resource Conservation District (RCD)
- Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council
- Sierra Nevada Conservancy
- USDA Forest Service (USFS), American River Ranger Unit
- USDA Forest Service (USFS) - Tahoe National Forest (TNF) and Eldorado National Forest (ENF)
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)