Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council
Please join us Thursday, January 27th at 6 pm for our monthly council meeting.
Please click this URL to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87539113010
Or join by phone:
US: +1 669 900 6833
ID: 875 3911 3010
If you are a member of a Firewise Community we would love to hear about the activities your community is involved in.
This is an in-person meeting and we will also have a way to join virtually using the links.
Join us at Colfax City Hall, 33 S. Main Street, Colfax at 6pm to join the meeting in person.
Please bring your questions, comments, and concerns! We hope you can make it!
The vision of the Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council is that residents and property owners will plan and take steps so they and their families, and pets and livestock, will be safe during a wildfire, and all homes and businesses in the fire safe council area will be defensible.
The mission of the Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council is to:
- Educate the public about the risks and responsibilities associated with living in a Wildland Urban Interface Area (WUI), so they take effective action to reduce the risk of loss due to wildfire;
- Develop a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) for the areas covered by the council;
- Collaborate with government agencies (both local and state), private groups, businesses, and individuals to implement the CWPP;
- Promote fuel reduction programs and other fire safe projects, which provide a safer environment in the event of a wildfire;
- Actively participate with the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance and the California Fire Safe Council; and
- Actively encourage public participation.
The Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council meets at 6:00 pm on the 4th Thursday of each month, generally meeting at Colfax City Council Chambers. Because of Covid-19 restrictions, a Zoom link is provided to meet virtually.