About the Assessor
The Assessor’s Office is a Department of local government governed by the California Constitution and the laws passed by the Legislature. The office is managed by an elected official that serves a four-year term. Matthew R. Maynard was appointed to Assessor on January 1, 2022.
Matt is a native of the Placer County foothills, living in Placer for over 40 years, working and raising two children with his wife. He is a graduate of National University, obtaining his Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Leadership. His hobbies include camping, fishing, and playing golf.
Matt’s prior work experience includes Web/Database Application Development and performing Real Property Fee Appraisals in Placer and surrounding counties. Matt began his career with the Assessor’s Office in 2007, as an Appraisal Technician in the Commercial Division. He then spent time in various appraisal and leadership capacities throughout the Office before working as a senior manager for nine years under Assessor Kristen Spears prior to his appointment to Assessor in 2022.
Memberships and Certifications
- Member of the California Assessors' Association (CAA)
- Member of the Northern California Assessors' Association (NCAA)
- Member of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)
- State Board of Equalization – Advanced Property Tax Appraiser
- State Board of Equalization – Certified Property Tax Appraiser
- UC Davis - Web/Database Application Development Certification
|Request a speaking engagement with the Assessor or a department representative to speak with your group on property tax assessment issues.|