Take a pit stop into the past along Highway 40’s Cisco Grove Gould Park and walk among the historical buildings and ruins that make this park so special. Believe it or not, Cisco Grove Gould Park was originally home to many businesses such as: a gift shop, fruit stand, ski lodge, gas station, a bar and much more!
1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset
For more information:
Phone: (530) 886-4901
Email: [email protected]
Make sure to check out Placer County's Facebook for news and information about Placer County.
The Forest Gift Shop (right building), built in 1938, sold souvenirs hand-crafted by locals. Once WWII began, less traffic passed through, and, consequently, a decrease in business caused the closure of the Forest Gift Shop. After WWII ended, the Gift Shop reopened as the Sierra Gift Shop where it thrived once again. Once the construction of Interstate 80 was completed, a decrease in traffic began along Highway 40 resulting in the final closure of the Gift Shop.
The Fruit Stand (left building) was known for selling orange juice, orange candy, and various different fruits.
Here lies the foundation of just one of many rental cabins, where visitors and families would check in for the night. These were found on both sides of the road just east of the Forest Gift Shop and Fruit Stand buildings. Near these cabins also existed an old lodge, store, and gas station.