Requesting Child Welfare Services (CWS) Records

Instructions for requesting CWS/CPS Records 

NOTE: Records will only be released to parents and legal guardians of child (legal guardians must provide documents which establish the legal guardianship).

1. Print the CWS Records Request Form below and fill it out with as much information as possible. Please be advised that incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your request. Please be as detailed as possible when filling out the specific time period, as “All” will not be accepted.

2. Once completed, the request form and a valid photo ID must be submitted in person to any one of the three Child Welfare Offices:

11716 Enterprise Drive
Auburn, CA 95603
1000 Sunset Blvd, Ste. 140
Rocklin, CA 95765 
5225 No. Lake Blvd
Carnelian Bay, CA 96140

3 A charge of $0.50 for the first page plus $0.25 per additional page is due upon receipt of the records. Records must be picked up in person. Payment must be made by Cashier’s Check or Money Order. Personal checks or cash will not be accepted. Please be advised that the charge per page is subject to change due to cost increases.

4. The Custodian of Records will notify you when your request is ready for pick-up as well as the amount due for payment.

5. Be prepared to show a valid photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State issued Identification Card, Passport, or Military ID when claiming your copies.

6. These instructions may be revised at any time. Please make sure to visit this page again should you need additional records in the future to ensure your request is submitted appropriately.

For questions, please contact the Custodian of Records at (530) 886-5444

NOTE: Under Welfare and Institutions Code section 827, it is not legal to copy, publicly exhibit, show, display, provide copies of juvenile records, or attach the records to any reports or court filed documents, without prior approval of the Juvenile Court. Only parties listed in Welfare and Institutions Code sections 827 and 827.10 are allowed to receive copies of juvenile records. If the juvenile records are privileged or confidential pursuant to any other state law or federal law or regulation, that law or regulation shall prevail. Unlawful dissemination of juvenile records is a misdemeanor.

For Attorneys or outside Agencies: 

Please contact the Custodian of Records at (530) 886-5444

Click the link below to download and print