CultureGrams - Concise cultural information on countries around the world. (Grades 3-12)
Proquest E-Library - General reference for finding periodical and digital media content with guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
SIRS Discoverer - Selected articles and graphics and books for social issues for early learners. (Grades 3-9)
SIRS Issues Researcher - Selected articles and graphics on the enduring and talked-about issues of the day. (Grades 6+)
Teaching Books - Wonderful resource for exploring books for children and young adults!
Student/Parent Login Information for Teaching Books:
Teacher Login for Teaching Books: Educator Login with Your Work E-Mail
Book Connections - a collection of 174,000+ digital materials about books for children and teens. This service includes a reader's advisory tool, resources for homework help and homeschool support, summer reading and diverse book selections, and more.
Brainfuse HelpNow! Live Tutoring, Homework Help, and Skill Building. Tutors available every day from 1:00 -10:00 p.m PST. Log in with your library card number. Supported by the Placer County Literacy Support Council.
Downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Library to Go website
- Library To Go (powered by OverDrive) offers downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- Just getting started? Visit Getting Started With OverDrive.
- Meet Libby : a one-tap reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from OverDrive/Library to Go. Download the Libby Getting Started Guide (PDF).
- NoveList answers the question: What should I read next? Log in with your library card number.
- Hoopla Website
- Download and stream on your mobile device or computer:
- Check out videos for 3 days, music albums for 7 days, and audiobooks, eBooks, and comics for 21 days
- Content always available with no holds
- App available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play (search: Hoopla Digital)