- Departments E - L
- Online Resources
- School-at-Home Resources
K-12 school support
A collection of 174,000+ digital materials about books for children and teens. This service includes a reader's advisory tool, resources for homework help and homeschool support, summer reading and diverse book selections, and more.
A Spanish language encyclopedia with 2,000 articles, images, multimedia and maps. Divided into two sections - elementary and middle school. (Grades 3-8)
An innovative early learning resource with interactive learning modules. Includes reading, literacy games, geography and drawing. (PreK-2)
Britannica School Edition
A resource of thousands of up-to-date articles, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, and research tools. Three separate databases for Elementary, Middle school or High School provide age-appropriate materials. (Grades 3-12)
Concise cultural information on countries around the world. (Grades 3-12)
Gale In Context: Environmental Studies
Environmental issues that affect people globally through topic overviews, journals, news, and multimedia content. (Grades 7+)
Gale Interactive: Science
Biology, chemistry, earth science, and human anatomy concepts. (Grades 7+)
Online practice exams for high school equivalency, college and graduate school; skill building resources for high schoolers; professional certification prep and more. (Grades 6+)
This resource was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act, administered in California by the State Librarian. Available through September 2022.
National Geographic for Kids
Explore amazing adventures in science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space. Includes National Geographic Kids magazine, videos, downloadable images and more. (K-12)
General reference for finding periodical and digital media content with guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
Selected articles and graphics and books for social issues for early learners. (Grades 3-9)
SIRS Issues Researcher
Selected articles and graphics on the enduring and talked-about issues of the day. (Grades 6+)
Wonderful resource for exploring books for children and young adults!
Student/Parent Login Information for Teaching Books:
Teacher Login for Teaching Books: Educator Login with Your Work E-Mail
Unless previously noted, access for K-12 resources provided courtesy of the California State Library.
Brainfuse HelpNow! Live Tutoring, Homework Help, and Skill Building. Tutors available every day from 1:00 -10:00 p.m PST. Log in with your library card number. Supported by the Placer County Literacy Support Council.
- Hoopla Website
- Download and stream on your mobile device or computer:
- Check out videos for 3 days, music albums for 7 days, and audiobooks, E-books, and comics for 21 days
- Content always available with no holds
- App available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play (search: Hoopla Digital)
- Meet Libby : a one-tap reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from OverDrive/Library to Go. Download the Libby Getting Started Guide (PDF).
Library to Go
Downloadable E-books and E-audiobooks
- Library to Go website
- Library To Go (powered by OverDrive) offers downloadable E-books and E-audiobooks.
- Just getting started? Visit Getting Started With OverDrive.
- NoveList answers the question: What should I read next? Log in with your library card number.
- TumbleBook Library : Books that read to you. Click on the link and read along.
- TumbleBook has an App. Access your favorite storybooks at the click of a button on your mobile device. Get the Application Instructions (PDF).