Placer County hiring election aides ahead of Nov. 3 general election
Published on September 11, 2020
In preparation for the Nov. 3 general election, the Placer County Elections Office is recruiting election aide temporary positions for county voting centers in North Lake Tahoe.
Elections aides are responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to, setting up equipment and supplies; assisting and processing voters; and assisting in closing procedures.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to public inquiries by telephone or at the counter concerning general information, such as location of voting locations, vote-by-mail applications and ballots, and other routine information
- Assist the public by providing requested forms and help with completing forms
- Verify signature on voter registration forms
- Proofread sample ballots, official ballots and other elections material
- Perform routine tasks such as filing, sorting, filling envelopes with voting material and batching
- Perform a variety of assigned tasks in preparation for election vote counting
- Prepare precinct supplies by packing boxes of materials
- Locate voting locations, vote by mail drop boxes, and pick up ballots and other supplies
Elections aides are required to attend a week of mandatory training in October. In addition, aides are required to work Oct. 31 through Nov. 3.
Election aide position details are available online, here.