Hopkins Village is a newly constructed, for-sale housing development located in Martis Valley, developed as local worker housing per a revised Board of Supervisors agreement approved May 8, 2023. The development consists of 40 units (20 half-plexes) offered at a sale price of $615,000 to the local workforce and at market rate to local employers. Each unit is a bright and beautiful three-bedroom, 2.5-bath home with an island kitchen, mudroom, bonus office room and a one-car garage. The HOA features a small park and covers exterior maintenance and snow removal.
Architectural Elevations of Homes at Hopkins Village
Photos of available units
Local Worker Buyer Requirements
Buyers must meet the following requirements:
- Household income at or below 180% of Area Median Income (see table below)
- Work an average of at least 30 hours per week
- Employment site is located within the Tahoe-Truckee Unified School District boundary
Local Employer Buyer Requirements
Homes will be made available to purchase by local employers at market rate price as negotiated with the Builder, Daniel Fraiman Construction. Please contact the Builder directly for more information.
- Employer must be located within the Tahoe-Truckee Unified School District boundary
- Purchasing employer must attest that it will rent or lease the unit only to its local employees who are members of a qualified household
If you are interested in purchasing one of these homes in the Hopkins Village development, please fill out the application found here Version OptionsHopkins Village Headline Application Checklist.
Applicants will be considered on a first come first serve basis. The developer, Daniel Fraiman Construction, will contact the qualified applicants to discuss lot selection and purchase agreements once approved by the county.
Here's what you will need to apply:
- Pay stubs covering the most recent 30-day period (or signed offer letter from employer) for all wage earners over 18-years-old.
- Most recent Federal Tax Returns from the past two years with all statements and schedules included for all wage earners over 18-years-old that will reside in the home.
- Current statement for proof of funds (e.g. bank statements, retirement fund statements, gift letter).
- Pre-Approval letter and 1008 from a lender.
Future Sale Requirements
The following requirements apply to the home during ownership:
- During the first five years of ownership, the home can only be sold to another qualified owner who meets the employment and household income requirements.
- After the first five years of ownership, the home can only be sold to another qualified owner who meets the employment requirements.
- Buyers must agree to annual program monitoring with the County.
Contact Tim Cussen [email protected] for assistance.
The County of Placer will not discriminate against any applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, familial status, source of income, physical or mental disability, or genetic information.
The County of Placer makes no representations as to the accuracy of information provided or to modifications made by the developer including but not limited to: floorplans, product type, square footage, product finishes, HOA amenities, product and home warranties or any other feature in the Hopkins Village development.