Cal State University/Higher Education
The Sacramento State Placer Center is the future site of an award-winning design academic center. It will expand access to four-year degree’s and deliver a new model in higher education through collaboration with Sierra College, which plans to build a transfer center on campus. This campus, combined with the existing campuses of Sierra College, William Jessup University, and future Hillsdale College, all in Placer County, will ensure that the needs of high-demand professions and professionals will be met.
Placer One (formerly Placer Ranch)
An approximately 2,200-acre master planned community including a 335 acre Campus Park Employment Center, 300 acre Sacramento State Placer Center, 200 acre Town Center with a complete offering of retail, office, and living options, as well as more than 5,600 homes at full build-out.
Placer Commerce Center
A master planned business park of approximately 400 acres, offering sites for a mix of uses including, advanced manufacturing, knowledge-based innovation center, life sciences, information technology, logistics, and light industrial.
Thunder Valley Casino Resort
This AAA Four Diamond award-winning casino and resort opened in June 2003 as the first full Las Vegas-style casino in Northern California. It is owned by the United Auburn Indian Community, and boasts a 275,000 square foot gaming facility, 19 bars and restaurants for every taste, 297 room luxury hotel, meeting rooms, and fitness center. Most recently, The Venue at Thunder Valley opened with 4,500 seating in a cutting-edge entertainment venue hosting musical acts, comedic performances, sporting events, conferences, and banquet space.
Nationwide used car dealer Carvana in 2022 opened its first vehicle inspection center in Northern California, on 118 acres. The approximately 190,000 square-foot building includes inspection and minor repair facilities. The site has the capacity for inventorying thousands of used cars to then be sold on-line and shipped anywhere on the West Coast.
Western Regional Sanitary Landfill
The landfill is operated via an agency, Western Placer Waste Management Authority (WPWMA), established in 1978 through a joint exercise of powers agreement between Placer County, and the cities of Lincoln, Rocklin and Roseville. WPWMA facilities consist of the Western Regional Sanitary Landfill and a Materials Recovery Facility. The facility is currently undergoing a $120 million renovation to meet waste disposal and recycling needs, including creating opportunities for recycling and environmental innovation.
A sampling of nearby major employers
- Bosch – Global semiconductor manufacturer Bosch plans to acquire TSI Semiconductors in Roseville and invest over $1.5 billion to for its first semiconductor manufacturing site in the United States. The facility will expand Bosch’s semiconductor business with silicon carbide chips in what will be a facility with state-of-the-art processes
- Oracle – Oracle, the world’s largest enterprise software company, chose Rocklin for its vibrant technology sector and highly educated workforce, high quality of life, excellent schools and well planned, safe community
- HP - Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work, bringing together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping customers make their mark on the world. HPE supports some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
- Sutter Health - Sutter Roseville Medical Center offers a unique blend of sophisticated medical care, tranquil surroundings and a heritage of community service that spans seven decades. The modern campus offers acute care for all ages in a healing environment enhanced by a 57-acre, oak-studded landscape. Sutter Roseville has a full array of services and programs designed to serve the growing community and was designed to continue evolving as technology advances and is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Kaiser Permanente - Combining the best in health care technology with state-of-the-art medical facilities and a proactive approach to the health of its members. From emergency to primary care, the ability to choose from a list of top doctors and convenient medical facilities, putting people at the heart of everything they do so you and your community can get healthy, stay active and thrive. Kaiser Roseville is currently adding on to the campus with an ~ $1 Billion expansion.
- Sierra Pacific Industries - State-of-the-art computer technology individually analyzes each log and guides experienced equipment operators to produce the highest possible quality boards. Specialized equipment such as portal cranes, end-dogging carriages, computer sensors, and scanners maintain high production levels and product quality. After the milling process, modern computer-controlled kilns dry the lumber produced in the sawmills. Products include framing materials, heavy timbers, and by-products such as deco bark, biomass for energy production and wood chips for paper.
- Pride Industries - For 55 years, PRIDE Industries has delivered business excellence with a positive social impact. During that time, partnering with hundreds of small businesses, large corporations, and government entities. Pride Industries employees help businesses to build their electronic devices and their medical equipment, keep their grounds green and their facilities pristine and packaged and shipped thousands of products for them. Inclusive recruiting services enable these businesses to qualify for tax incentives, achieve their inclusion and diversity goals, and attract social impact (ESG) investors.