Social Services & Assistance


Individuals who are recipients of CalFresh that were evacuated due to the Mosquito Fire, may be eligible for replacement CalFresh benefits due to the loss of food. CalFresh recipients displaced by the fire are encouraged to go to a Placer County Human Services office or call 888-385-5160. Please report the loss to the county by close of business on Oct. 6.

CalFresh Application

Placer Food Bank assistance


For assistance with housing, please visit our Housing Resources Guide

Health Care

You may be eligible for healthcare coverage through Medi-cal.

Informational Flyer

Vision Care

If you've lost or broken your eyewear or need eye care due to the recent fires, VSP may be able to help. Visit their website for more information:

Emotional Support

The Disaster Distress Helpline is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This is a toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service. Call 1.800.985.5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained counselor.

Veterans Benefits

As a VA beneficiary, you should be aware of the assistance available to you in the event of a natural disaster. This includes protections for your VA home loan, automotive grant, school attendance, and VA benefit payments. Learn more

VA  Home Loan Guidance on Natural Disasters

Cal Vet Resource Book

Placer County Veterans Service Office Information


American Red Cross caseworkers are available 7 days a week, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. to help you with recovery assistance. All assistance is free and available to all residents, including non-U.S. citizens who have lost their homes. Call 855-755-7711 or visit / Get Help 

Red Cross Flyer (Spanish)

*For additional needs, please call 211 or 1-833-DIAL211.