Civil Rights

HHS falls under federal civil rights laws that protect the rights of individuals and entities from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in health and human services.

Discrimination Complaints 

You have the right to receive the same services, consideration, and equal treatment given to all other applicants or customers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, disability, marital status, ethnic group identification, sexual orientation, or any other factor.  

If you have applied for benefits or services or are currently receiving benefits or services from Placer County Health and Human Services and you feel that you have been discriminated against, you may file a Civil Rights complaint by contacting the Civil Rights Coordinator. You can submit your complaint in writing, by phone, or by email.

For more information on the discrimination complaint process click here.

Reasonable Accommodations

Placer County is committed to ensuring equal and meaningful access for individuals with disabilities to state and federally funded public assistance and social service programs, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. County Welfare Departments (CWDs) have a responsibility to ensure that people with disabilities are not excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of the CWD’s programs, services, or activities, or otherwise subject to discrimination. This includes the obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and effective communication through auxiliary aids and services. 

Reasonable accommodation requests may be made in person, by telephone, or in writing by the applicant/recipient or another individual acting on their behalf (this person does not have to be an authorized representative).

You may view the Placer County policy hereFrequently Asked Questions.

To request Reasonable Accommodations please complete the form hereFrequently Asked Questions.

 For more information, please visit