The Auburn and Granite Bay Library locations each have two study rooms that are open to the public.
These rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are not reservable at this time. Library programming may block off access to the room.
Reserve a Space
Placer County Library has four meeting rooms available for public use at four of our locations. Click on the desired location to see amenities. Please note: Payment must be made on site in order to secure a reservation.
Their purpose is to provide a low-cost place for community groups to meet. Meeting rooms are available for drop-in use when unoccupied during library open hours.
All use is subject to our Placer County Library Community Room Policy.
- Commercial entities may use a library meeting room for in-service training of staff.
- Both commercial concerns and private individuals are restricted from engaging in sales or fundraising activities.
- The fee for reserved use of a community room is $15 per hour.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and library or county-sponsored meetings have priority.
- Beginning October 1 of each year, reservations may be made for the following calendar year.
How to Reserve a Room
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 and starts with a phone call.
- Call or visit the library location during open hours to check for desired availability. Ask staff if the room is free during the days/times you are interested. Please note: You will not be able to reserve the room until you've made payment on site.
- Complete a community room application, including the portion about insurance if your reservation requires it.
- Return the completed application during library open hours and pay any fees to secure your reservation. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be confirmed by a staff member within 48 business hours.
Library meeting rooms are reservable by location according to the below frequency:
- Auburn - Once per month per group
- Foresthill - Twice per month per group
- Granite Bay - Twice per month per group
- Rocklin - Once per month per group
Community rooms can be reserved from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. seven days a week.
After Library Hours Reservations
If your group meets when the library is closed, you must pick up the room key at the location where you have a reservation during open hours.
Only the person listed on the approved community room application can pick up the room key. Once your event is over and you have locked the room, the room key should be deposited in the reserved locations’ book drop.
No keys are assigned for long-term use.