Policies & Reports
The Placer County Library’s policies are written guidelines that govern the actions and decisions of the library. They are carefully designed, broadly stated, and formally adopted by the Library Advisory Board. Our policies are consistent with our mission and help us to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our community.
Placer County Library’s policies help us to:
- Improve communication with the public
- Provide clear direction to the Director of Library Services
- Promote consistency among board members, staff, and the public
Click below to view or download a policy:
- Bulletin Board and Display Policies
- Card Agreement & Confidentiality Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Community Room Policy
- Computer Acceptable Use Policy
- Discard Policy
- Gift Policy
- Rules of Conduct
Placer County Library Strategic Plan (2020-2025)
During the end of 2019 and early 2020, the Placer County Library engaged with community stakeholders, county organizations, and the citizens of Placer County to create a new strategic plan that would serve to direct the priorities of the Placer County Library over the next five years. From this process, the library created an exciting vision for the next five years.
Library Services Study 2022
In Fall 2021, Placer County commissioned a study to look at the current state of the Placer County Library. Consultants presented their findings to the Placer County Board of Supervisors in May 2022.
- Executive Summary
- Full Report
- Presentation to the Board of Supervisors (presentation begins at 6:32:00)
If you have questions or would like more information about a library policy or report, please contact Placer County Library Administration at (530) 886-4550.