Your Child's Use of the Library
We'd love for you and your child to discover the wonderful benefits of being a library card member. At our library, we believe in providing open access to our entire collection and the internet: we don't restrict any library cardholder from checking out any type of material nor do we have filters on the internet on any of our computers.
We trust parents and legal guardians to make decisions on what library resources (books, internet, and media) are suitable for their children. You know your child best, and it's essential to guide their usage of library resources based on your family's beliefs and values. Let's create an enriching experience for your little reader together!
- Our staff would love to help you pick your next read for your child! We are skilled in Reader's Advisory and have tools like Novelist K-8 Plus that we can use to pull from other librarians' recommendations. Talk to us when your next in the library, or contact us to support you from afar.
- At a parent’s direction, library staff will add a No Videos designation to a child’s library card, to prevent the child from checking out library videos.
- Our library locations have the Motion Picture Association of America Film Ratings posted near our DVDs to assist parents in their decision-making.
- Several of our locations have AWE Learning computer workstations that are not connected to the internet and offer educational, curriculum-aligned learning content for ages 2-12.
- Check out our page on Online Safety to find websites that provide guidance for how to keep you and your family safe online.