Loan & Return Times
How long can I have an item?
Books and most other items
DVDs, Videogames, CA State Parks Pass
eBooks & other eLibrary resources
7, 14, or 21 day loan periods (as selected by customer upon initial checkout)
Item renewal periods are the same as their original loan periods. See our Check Due Dates and Renew page for more information.
How many items can I put on hold?
50 items at one time.
Checkouts for eLibrary Resources:
Check the specific resource (such as Hoopla or Libby) for information on how many digital checkouts you get:
- eBooks & More (for Libby/Library to Go, Hoopla, Tumble Book Library).
- Streaming Movies & TV (for Hoopla and Kanopy)
Placer County Library materials can be returned to any of our library locations.
- During open hours, items should be returned at the service desk except for our Rocklin Library location, which has two automatic return machines that are available 24/7 to accept returns from the outside of the building.
As a courtesy, the library catalog sends out reminders by email or text to assist you:
- Due Soon reminders are sent 3 days before item is due.
- Overdue notices are sent 7, 14, and 21 days after item is due.
Important Loan and Return Information
- There are fines for items that are not returned within their loan period. See our Fines and Fees page for more information.
- As a courtesy, email and text “due soon” reminders are sent 3 days before an item is due. Email and text overdue notices are sent 7, 14, and 21 days after an item is due.