COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2011
Jack Duran, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Vice Chairman
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Granlibakken Conference Center & Lodge
725 Granlibakken Road
Tahoe City, CA
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Executive, Thomas Miller.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 3-4) - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 3 thru 10) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. The Board will convene as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Item #10a & 10b. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING (PDF) – The Board of Supervisors is being asked to consider a third-party appeal of the Planning Commission’s action to approve the Conditional Use Permit, Planned Development Permit and the Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map for the Homewood Mountain Resort project, and to approve amendments to the West Shore Area General Plan and to approve a Development Agreement for the Homewood Mountain Resort project. Staff recommends the November 15, 2011 hearing be conducted pursuant to those procedures outlined on pages 33-34 of this staff report including a continuance to the December 6, 2011 Board agenda at which time staff recommends the following actions:
1. Deny the third-party appeal filed by Friends of the West Shore, the League to Save Lake Tahoe and the Tahoe Area Sierra Club;
2. Certify the Final Environmental Impact Report for the Homewood Mountain Resort project (SCH No. 2008 092008));
3. Approve the proposed amendments to the Plan Area Statement Uses and Boundaries in the West Shore Area General Plan;
4. Approve a Development Agreement with the Homewood Village Resorts, LLC, for the Homewood Mountain Resort project;
5. Uphold the action of the Planning Commission and approve the Conditional Use Permit and Planned Development Permit, and
6. Uphold the action of the Planning Commission and approve the Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map for the Homewood Mountain Resort project.
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case
(b) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Anthony J. La Bouff, Scott Finley
Employee organization: PPEO
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 3-4) - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 3 thru 10) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department.. The Board will convene as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Item #10a & 10b. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
3. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. ICMA-RC VantageCare Retirement Health Savings Plan (PDF) - Adopt an Ordinance adjusting the compensation and benefits of classified and unclassified management, elected officials, and confidential employees related to the ICMA-RC VantageCare Retirement Health Savings Plan.
b. Placer Public Employees Organization (PDF) - Adopt an Ordinance to adjust compensation and benefits of Placer Public Employee Organization (PPEO) represented and Confidential employees related to Holiday Credit Accounts, Vacation Accrual Cash Out, Overtime Compensation and District Attorney / Child Support Attorney Leave.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (PDF) - Approve a Resolution accepting a grant in the total amount of $74,000 ($55,500 in grant funds and $18,500 in County match) from the Department of Homeland Security funded by the FY 2010 Interoperable Emergency Communications Grant Program to serve the Countywide Interoperable Radio Network Project, and approve a Budget Revision.
5. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Placer County Area 4 Agency on Aging Advisory Council (PDF) – Approve appointment of Dr. Irwin A.Herman to Seat #4 representing Placer County Older Adult Advisory Council.
6. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/COMMUNITY GRANTS & LOANS (PDF) – Adopt a Resolution authorizing the submittal of an application in the amount of $300,000 to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development for funding under the CalHome program, and authorizing the County Executive Officer or designee to execute the application, the standard State agreement, and any related documents required by California State Department of Housing and Community Development for participation in and implementation of the grant.
7. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/COMMUNITY HEALTH (PDF) - Approve a new revenue contract with the California Department of Public Health for implementation and operation of the Community Nutrition Local Health Department Expansion Project from November 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012 in an amount of $150,000 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the contract and subsequent amendments.
8. LIBRARY (PDF) - Approve a 5:00 p.m. closure of Placer County Libraries on Wednesday, November 23, 2011.
9. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Kings Beach Commercial Core Storm Water Improvements, Deer Street (PDF) –– Adopt a Resolution authorizing payment to Kings Beach Housing Associates or its designee in the amount of $73,583 for storm water improvements for the Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project.
b. Contract, Peak Season Bus Drivers (PDF) – Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of the Department of Public Works (DPW) to execute, with County Counsel and Risk Management’s review and approval, a Contract with MV Transportation, Inc. for peak season bus drivers for Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) through September of 2014, based on hourly rates offered by MV Transportation, in an amount estimated at $150,000 per fiscal year and not to exceed $450,000 over the three-year period.
c. Lake Forest Erosion Control Project, Area B (SEZ/Habitat Restoration), Contract #1082 (PDF) – Adopt a Resolution accepting the Lake Forest Erosion Control Project – Area B (SEZ/Habitat Restoration) as complete and approving and authorizing the Director of Public Works to execute the Notice of Completion.
d. Snow Creek Restoration Project (State Clearinghouse #201109235, Mitigation Negation Declaration (PDF) - Adopt a Resolution approving a Mitigated Negative Declaration with the required findings for the Snow Creek Restoration Project.
10. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY:
a. Agreement (PDF) - Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Redevelopment Agency Director or designee to execute an Exclusive Negotiating Rights Agreement between the Redevelopment Agency and Mountain Smart, LLC for the Redevelopment Agency Swiss Mart Property located at 8797 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach (Assessor Parcel Numbers 090-192-041 and 090-192-055). (Continued from October 25, 2011 agenda).
b. Administration (PDF) - Authorize the Redevelopment Agency to request the County Personnel Director to undertake a classification study for the Administrative Services Officer Senior position in the Redevelopment Agency.
***End of Consent Agenda***
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2011 MEETING SCHEDULE:
December 6, 2011 (CDRA)
December 13, 2011