COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chairman Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Granlibakken Conference Center & Lodge
725 Granlibakken Road
Tahoe City, CA 96145
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Holmes.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – 1) Ron Treabess, Interim Director of the North Lake Tahoe Report Association, thanked Supervisor Rockholm for his service and support to North Lake Tahoe over the last four years. 2) Curtis Aaron, General Manager of the North Tahoe Public Utility District, thanked Supervisor Rockholm for his service and thanked the Board for attending the christening and commissioning of their 500,000 gallon water tank in the Kings Beach area.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – Supervisor Montgomery spoke about her participation as a guest of the North Tahoe Business Association at the California Downtown Association Meeting regarding the Kings Beach Commercial Improvement Project. She is working with Tahoe City Public Utility District to resolve issues related to Western States Trail and attended a manufactures forum meeting. Supervisor Montgomery said she met with the Air Pollution Control District to look for new offices and she and Mike Holmes, Auburn City Council insist that the office stay in the Auburn area. Supervisor Montgomery attended the Auburn Community Festival. Supervisor Montgomery will be attending a meeting of the Tahoe Airport Land Use Commission today relating to land use issues around the Truckee/Tahoe Airport. Supervisor Montgomery announced that Sierra Senior Services will be holding its annual fund raising event this Friday in Kings Beach and she will be attending the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board meeting Wednesday, October 27, 2010.
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
1. PERSONNEL/SERVICE AWARDS – Five (5) employees were invited to meeting and presented with their county service awards. Collectively, they represent 115 years of service to the County.
2. PUBLIC WORKS/TRANSIT SERVICE REDUCTION TO TRUCKEE – Public hearing closed to take input on proposed service reductions for Tahoe Area Regional Transit. No action was taken.
3. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/ENGINEERING/RENAMING OF PUBLIC ROADWAYS, GUN CLUB ROAD AND PORTION OF NORTH AVENUE - Public hearing closed. Resolution 201-282 adopted renaming “Gun Club Road” and the portion of “North Avenue” north of National Avenue in the Tahoe Vista area to “National Avenue”.
4. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT REZONE/MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION - (PREA T20080154) "CALDWELL REZONE" – Public hearing closed. Approved the Caldwell GRA/Rezone project and adopted the Mitgated Negative Declaration base on the Findings.
1. Resolution 2010-283 adopted amending the Alpine Meadows General Plan to change the land use designation from Community Recreation, Green Belt, Park and Open Space to Single-Family Residential one dwelling unit per acre, and
2. Ordinance 5623-B adopted to Rezone from O (Open Space) to RS-B-43 (Residential Single-Family, combining minimum Building Site of 43,560 square feet).
The Amendment to the Alpine Meadows General Plan and Rezone apply to one acre of the 4.77 acre parcel and would allow for the construction of one single-family dwelling.
MOTION Rockholm/Weygandt VTOE 4:1 (Montgomery No)
5. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/Proposed Ordinance Granting Automatic Two-Year Time Extension to Certain Land Use Entitlements (PZTA 20100183) – Public hearing closed. Ordinance 5624-B adopted to grant an automatic two (2) year time extension for certain categories of land use entitlements including Administrative Review Permits, Use Permits, Design Site Review and Variances that had not expired as of July 1, 2010.
MOTION Rockholm/Weygandt/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Montgomery abstained)
6. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/Zoning Text Amendment (PZTA 20100215) Administrative Citation and Hearing Process – Public hearing closed. Ordinance 5625-B adopted adopting Zoning Text Amendments to Chapter 17, Article 17.62 (Zoning Enforcement) of the Placer County Zoning Ordinance establishing an Administrative Citation Code Enforcement Process. MOTION Rockholm/Montgomery/Unanimous
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
7. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Approved minutes of September 14, 2010, Supervisor Weygandt absent. MOTION Rockholm/Montgomery/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Weygandt abstained)
8. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING – Directed staff to resubmit comments reflecting Placer County's position on the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Regional Plan Update related to Land Use, Transportation, Noise, Soil Conservation, Water Quality, and Stream Environment Zone Sub-element policies that were not fully vetted in the TRPA staff report to the Governing Board. MOTION Montgomery/Rockholm/Unanimous
9. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. North Lake Tahoe Resort Association - Approved expenditure of budgeted infrastructure funds from the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association allocation for the Northstar multipurpose trail environmental analysis (up to $500,000), as recommended by the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association Infrastructure Committee and Board of Directors.
b. Waddle Ranch
– Amended the existing Waddle Ranch Grant Agreement with the Trust for Public
Land (TPL) to provide $
320,000 $220,000 in advanced funding and reduce
Placer County’s overall funding obligation, previously dedicated in open space
fees, by $ 640,000; $440,000 contingent on an equal match ($320,000)
($220,000) from other funding sources to be secured by TPL. MOTION
c. State Budget – Informational item providing a brief summary of the FY 2010-11 state budget agreement.
10. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT:
a. North Tahoe Business Association - Received an update and Resolution 2010-280 adopted authorizing the County Executive Officer or designee to execute a services agreement between the Office of Economic Development and the North Tahoe Business Association in the amount of $65,000 for the purpose of providing marketing, special events and business support services for the period of October 31, 2010 to October 30, 2011, and approved a budget revision to appropriately budget expenditures and off setting revenues.
b. Tahoe City Downtown Association - Received an update and Resolution 2010-281 adopted authorizing the County Executive Officer or designee to execute a services agreement between the Office of Economic Development and the Tahoe City Downtown Association in the amount of $65,000 for the purpose of providing marketing, special events and business support services for the period of October 31, 2010 to October 30, 2011, and approved a budget revision to appropriately budget expenditures and off setting revenues.
11. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/COMMUNITY HEALTH AND CLINICS - Approved an amendment to County of Sacramento Agreement #7275-07/12-706 for receipt of Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency (C.A.R.E.) Act funds, extending the agreement to a term of five (5) years, an additional 27 months through June 30, 2012, adding $350,495 for a new revised total not to exceed $894,554, and authorized the Director of Health & Human Services to sign the amendment and subsequent amendments during the revised contract term. This agreement is funded with Federal funds. No County General Fund match is required. Of the $894,554 revenue total, $527,840 was received in prior fiscal years, $183,357 is included in the Department’s FY 2010-11 Final Budget with the remaining balance of $183,357 to be included in the departments FY 2011-12 proposed budget.
ADJOURNED AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
CONVENED AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY
12. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY:
a. Loan Purchase Agreement - Resolution 2010-284 adopted authorizing the Redevelopment Agency Director or designee to execute a Loan Purchase Agreement with Central Pacific Bank of $1,450,000 plus closing costs not to exceed $10,000 for first mortgage loans on properties owned by BB, LLC at 8611 and 8623 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, CA, APN’s 090-133-016 and 090-133-018 and authorizing the Agency Director or designee to execute other related documents necessary to complete the transaction. MOTION Rockholm/Montgomery/Unanmous
b. Sunset Industrial Project Area - Resolution 2010-285 adopted authorizing a loan of $1,450,000 in tax increment funds from the Sunset Industrial Project Area to the North Lake Tahoe Project Area for redevelopment of property at 8611 and 8623 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach.
c. Request for Proposals - Resolution 2010-286 adopted authorizing the Redevelopment Director or designee to issue a Request for Proposals for development of Redevelopment Agency property located at 8716 and 8720 North Lake Boulevard, fronting the south side of Highway 28 east of Fox Street, Kings Beach (Assessor Parcel Numbers 090-142-001 and 090-142-002).
d. Request for Proposals - Resolution 2010-287 adopted authorizing the Redevelopment Director or designee to issue a Request for Proposals for development of Redevelopment Agency property located at the southwest corner of Chipmunk Street and North Lake Boulevard, Assessor Parcel Numbers 090-370-005, 090-370-006, 090-221-013, 090-221-014, 090-221-020, 090-221-018, 090-221-021, 090-221-026, 090-221-027, and 090-221-012 in Kings Beach, California.
e. Tahoe Vista Recreation Area Project - Resolution 2010-288 adopted approving a funding agreement between the Redevelopment Agency and the North Tahoe Public Utility District for the development of the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area Project which includes such items as parking and bus shelter, in a not to exceed amount of $500,000 and authorizing the Redevelopment Director or designee to execute the agreement.
ADJOURNED AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY AND
RECONVENED AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
13. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR – Not discussed.
(a) Property: APN: 026-020-009, 026-020-011, 026-020-012, 026-020-013, 026-061-001, 026-061-003, 026-061-007, 026-061-051,026-061-068
Agency Negotiator(s): Tom Miller, Jim Durfee, Mary Dietrich, Anthony La Bouff.
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Placer Land Trust
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS – Not discussed.
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Gerald O. Carden, Anthony J. La Bouff
Employee organization: DSA
CONSENT AGENDA – Consent Agenda approved with action as indicated. The Board convened as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Item #25 a&b. MOTION Rockholm/Montgomery/Unanimous
14. CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES - Approved the renewal of a Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) with Allied Network Solutions, Inc., in the amount not to exceed $150,000.00, for the period January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011, to provide Information Technology Support Services to Support the Placer County Department of Child Support Services, increase the current BPO 17378 by $25,500.00 for a revised total amount of $75,000.00 and authorize the Purchasing Manger to sign the resulting documents.
15. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY – Rejected the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
a. 10-069, Ruiz, Frank, $97,900, (Property Damage)
b. 10-094, Milligan, Dale, $639.13, (Property Damage)
16. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Foresthill Community Center Advisory Board – Accepted the resignations of Myrtle Bakker Seat 1 and Nancy Hewitt Seat 3, effective immediately as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
b. Older Adult Advisory Commission – Approved the appointment of Linda Brown to Seat 6 representing the public-at-large.
c. Older Adult Advisory Commission – Accepted the resignation of Jean Rios Seat 14 representing Senior Service Organizations, effective immediately and approved the appointment of Jean Rios to Seat 5 representing District 5 as requested by Supervisory Montgomery.
d. Veterans Advisory Council - Approved the appointment of Jim Curl, Representative of Disabled American Veterans Chapter 80, effective immediately.
17. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - Resolution 2010-268 adopted authorizing the Director of Economic Development to execute a $130,000 amendment to the Services Agreement with the Placer County Redevelopment Agency for Fiscal Year 2010-2011 for the purpose of funding the annual contracts with the North Tahoe Business Association and the Tahoe City Downtown Association and approved a budget revision to appropriately budget expenditures and off setting revenues.
18. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Capital Facilities Impact Fee Annual Report - Resolution 2010-269 adopted accepting the Placer County Capital Facilities Impact Fee Annual Report for 2009-10.
b. Auburn Community Thanksgiving Day Dinner - Approved participation in the Salvation Army’s Auburn Community Thanksgiving Day Dinner by matching Placer County employee contributions dollar for dollar up to a maximum of $1,500.
c. Organizational Changes - Consistent with actions taken at the October 5, 2010, Board of Supervisors meeting and associated direction to staff, the Board approved:
1. Adoption of an Ordinance 5622-B (second reading) that reclassifies the County Budget Administrator Position to the Finance and Budget Operations Manager; and
2. Ordinance introduced, first reading waived, to revise the Uncodified Ordinance revising allocations to implement the County Executive Office organizational changes as directed on October 5, 2010.
d. Organizational Changes - Directed staff to schedule Board discussion for November 2, 2010 regarding organizational changes in the Board of Supervisors and County Executive Office.
19. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Sierra Nevada Conservancy Grant Funds/Hidden Falls Fuel Load Management Equipment Purchases - The Board took the following actions:
1. Approved a Budget Revision shifting $47,500 from account 4151 to account 4451 in Capital Project 704831; and,
2. Authorized the purchase of one (1) all-terrain mower in the amount of $47,500; and,
3. Approved the addition of one (1) all-terrain mower to the Master Fixed Asset List.
b. Sierra Nevada Conservancy Grant Funds/Squaw Valley Park Fuel Load Management Equipment Purchases - The Board took the following actions:
1. Approved a Budget Revision shifting $14,000 from account 4151 to account 4451 in Capital Project 704832; and,
2. Authorized the purchase of one (1) chipper attachment in the amount of $14,000; and,
3. Approved the addition of one (1) chipper attachment to the Master Fixed Asset List.
c. Tahoe City Public Utility District - Approved a one-year Maintenance Service Agreement with the Tahoe City PUD District for park maintenance services in the Tahoe City area for FY 2010-2011, in an amount not to exceed $67,505; and authorized the Chairman to execute the Agreement.
d. North Tahoe Public Utility District - Approved a two-year Maintenance Service Agreement with the North Tahoe Public Utility District for park maintenance services in the Kings Beach area for FY 2010/2011 and FY 2011/2012, commencing in the amount not to exceed $77,798 for FY 2010/2011; and authorized the Chairman to execute the Agreement.
e. Lease Agreement/Health & Human Services - Resolution 2010-270 adopted authorizing the Director of Facility Services, or his designee, to take the following actions associated with Health and Human Services continued tenancy at 8645 North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, CA:
1. Complete negotiations for a Lease Agreement (Agreement) based on the Material Terms, between the County of Placer and B.B., LLC, a California Limited Liability Company; and,
2. Execute the resultant Agreement in the amount of $12,730 annually, following approval by County Counsel and Risk Management; and,
3. Carry out those provisions and responsibilities as specified within the Agreement on behalf of the County.
20. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Children’s System of Care - The Board took the following actions:
a. Approved an amended Memorandum of Understanding with the California Department of Social Services for the purposes of establishing Placer County as the entity responsible for performing licensing functions with respect to Foster Family Homes within the geographic area of the County.
b. Authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the Contractor Certification Clause.
c. Adopted Resolution 2010-271 authorizing the Director of Health and Human Services to enter into and sign the amended Memorandum of Understanding.
b. Community Health and Clinics - The Board took the following actions:
a. Approved the addition of one environmental and clinical bioterrorism specimen analyzer to the Master Fixed Asset List in an amount not to exceed $70,000, and
b. Approved a budget revision in the amount of $70,000 to appropriate funds to the Community Health budget for this purchase, and
c. Authorized the Purchasing Manager to complete the purchase of this system, including any required components and services, in an amount not to exceed $70,000.
This purchase is fully funded by Federal funds. No County General Fund match is required.
21. LIBRARY - Approved a 5:00 p.m. closure of Placer County Libraries on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 and full closure on Saturday, December, 25, 2010, and Saturday, January 1, 2011.
22. PERSONNEL/2011 CalPERS HEALTH INSURANCE CONTRIBUTION RATES – Approved annual Resolutions (5) 2010-272, 2010-273, 2010-274 & 2010-275, & 2010-289 for the California Public Employees Retirement System Health Benefits Division, which adopts the 2011 employer health insurance contribution levels effective January 1, 2011 for all Placer County employees and retirees.
23. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Purchase Order, NEC 8500 Telephone System, Administrative Services/Telecommunications - Awarded a Purchase Order to NexusIS for the purchase of a NEC 8500 Telephone System to support the South Placer Adult Correctional Facility Project in the amount of $146,987.43.
b. Purchase Order, Hewlett Packard Hardware, Administrative Services/Telecommunications - Awarded a Purchase Order using a competitively bid public agency contract to Modal Networks for the acquisition of Hewlett Packard Hardware to upgrade the County’s Enterprise Data Network Infrastructure in the amount of $108,235.80.
24. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. California Tahoe Conservancy Planning Grant Application/North Tahoe Bike Trail Project – Resolution 2010-276 adopted authorizing the filing of a California Tahoe Conservancy (CTC) planning grant application in the amount of $435,000 for the North Tahoe Bike Trail project, and authorizing the Director of Public Works, or his designee, to execute all documents related to the grant.
b. Contract Amendment – Resolution 2010-277 adopted authorizing the Purchasing Manager to execute, with County Counsel and Risk Management’s review and approval, Amendment #2 to Contract #KN020816 with MV Transportation Inc. for providing peak season bus drivers to extend the contract through April 30, 2011, with the option to extend through September 15, 2011.
c. Diesel Fuel Storage Tank, Cabin Creek Facility - Approved a Budget Revision to the Road Maintenance Division’s list of Fixed Assets for the 2010/2011 Budget by revising the fixed asset line item amount from $35,000 to $42,400 for the Cabin Creek diesel fuel storage tank.
25. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY:
a. Agreement - Resolution 2010-278 adopted to authorize the Redevelopment Agency Director or his designee to execute a $130,000 amendment to the Services Agreement with the Placer County Office of Economic Development for Fiscal Year 2010-2011 for the purpose of funding annual contracts with the North Tahoe Business Association and the Tahoe City Downtown Association.
b. Lease Agreement - Resolution 2010-279 adopted authorizing the Redevelopment Agency Director or designee to enter into a two year lease agreement with BB, LLC for the building and associated parking lot located at 8697 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, County of Placer for an initial annual lease amount of $18,000 and tenant improvements and repairs necessary for the Redevelopment Agency’s occupancy in a not to exceed amount of $17,000.
26. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Area Recreation and Park District 14th Annual Auburn Community Festival to help support the cost of the event, as requested by Supervisor Holmes ($500).
b. Approved appropriation of $2,500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer Breast Cancer Endowment Fund Pink & White Ball to help support the endowed Chair to continue breast cancer research, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($2,500).
c. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer Sportsmen 64th Annual Kid’s Fish Derby to benefit the event, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($500).
d. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Roseville City School District Foundation Dine and Dash Event to benefit the Roseville City Schools, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($500).
e. Approved appropriation of $5,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Tommy Apostolos Fund to benefit Roseville children in need, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($5,000).
f. Approved appropriation of $750 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Salvation Army of Auburn Community Thanksgiving Day Dinner to help defray the cost of the event, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($250) and Supervisor Holmes ($500).
a. Contract - Approved Change Order #1 to Contract #CN020944 for helicopter services and supplies with Turbomeca USA Inc., to increase the maximum amount by $17,000 for a revised contract amount of $66,420 and authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting change order. There is no impact to the General Fund.
b. Agreements - Approved the agreements between the Placer County Sheriff-Coroner-Marshal, L. R. Hines Consulting and Auburn Police Department (APD); and authorized the Sheriff to execute any related documents. These agreements are related to document management software, components and related support. The agreement between the Placer County Sheriff’s Office and APD is for associated Technical Support. The contract period is from November 1, 2010 to October 31, 2011 in the amount of $67,983 for L.R. Hines. The agreement with APD will offset costs associated the L.R. Hines agreement. There is no impact to the General Fund.
c. Grant - Accepted a grant from California Department of Boating and Waterways in the amount of $26,500, approved a budget revision to purchase a Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Spooling system; added the equipment to the Master Fixed Asset List; and authorized Edward N. Bonner, Sheriff-Coroner-Marshal to execute contract documents related to the grant, and for the Purchasing Manager to execute any purchasing documents related to this equipment including the determination of sole source purchase. There is no impact to the General Fund.
28. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR:
a. Approved the temporary borrowing of Treasury funds, in the estimated amount of $600,000 for fiscal year 2010/11, by the Placer Hills Fire Protection District, Fund 531 sub-fund 350, as prescribed by the California State Constitution.
b. Approved the temporary borrowing of Treasury funds, in the estimated amount of $2,000,000 for fiscal year 2010/11, by the North Tahoe Fire Protection District, Fund 531 sub-fund 450, as prescribed by the California State Constitution.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
29. PERSONNEL - Classified Service Merit Increases.
ADJOURNMENT – Next regular meeting is November 2, 2010.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2010 MEETING SCHEDULE:
November 2, 2010
November 23, 2010
December 14, 2010