COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chairman Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
1. Ribbon Cutting, North Tahoe Public Utility District Water Tank, Forest
Service property, end of Lake Vista Road, Kings Beach
2. Groundbreaking of Domus Development’s Kings Beach Housing
NOW Project, 348 Deer Street, Kings Beach
3. Tour of Tahoe/Lake Forest Erosion Control Project, Lake Forest Road
And Hwy 28, approx. 1.5 miles east of Tahoe City
4. Lunch/Tour Customs House, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City
5. Tour of Tahoe City Transit Center, 165 West Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City
Granlibakken Conference Center & Lodge
725 Granlibakken Road
Tahoe City, CA 96145
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Counsel Anthony LaBouff.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
RECONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
1. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY (PDF) - Status Report on North Lake Tahoe Redevelopment Project Area.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD AND
RECONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
2. NORTH LAKE TAHOE RESORT ASSOCIATION (PDF) – Presentation by the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, as required in our annual contract for services. No action is requested at this time.
3. Reception hosted by the North Tahoe Business Association and Tahoe City Downtown Business Association at Uncorked, 475 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
4. PUBLIC WORKS/LAKE TAHOE CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT PROGRAM STATUS (PDF) – This is an informational item only; no action is requested.
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
(a) Property: APN: 026-020-009, 026-020-011, 026-020-012, 026-020-013, 026-061-001, 026-061-003, 026-061-007, 026-061-051,026-061-068
Agency Negotiator(s): Tom Miller, Jim Durfee, Mary Dietrich, Anthony La Bouff.
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Placer Land Trust
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Gerald O. Carden, Anthony J. La Bouff
Employee organization: DSA
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2010 MEETING SCHEDULE:
October 19, 2010
November 2, 2010
November 23, 2010
December 14, 2010