COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chairman Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
1. Ribbon Cutting, North Tahoe Public Utility District Water Tank, Forest
Service property, end of Lake Vista Road, Kings Beach
2. Groundbreaking of Domus Development’s Kings Beach Housing
NOW Project, 348 Deer Street, Kings Beach
3. Tour of Tahoe/Lake Forest Erosion Control Project, Lake Forest Road
And Hwy 28, approx. 1.5 miles east of Tahoe City
4. Lunch/Tour Customs House, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City
5. Tour of Tahoe City Transit Center, 165 West Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City
Granlibakken Conference Center & Lodge
725 Granlibakken Road
Tahoe City, CA 96145
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Counsel Anthony LaBouff.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None.
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
ADJOURNED AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
RECONVENED AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
1. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY - Status Report on North Lake Tahoe Redevelopment Project Area.
ADJOURNED AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD AND
RECONVENED AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
2. NORTH LAKE TAHOE RESORT ASSOCIATION – Presentation by the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, as required in our annual contract for services. No action is requested at this time.
3. Reception hosted by the North Tahoe Business Association and Tahoe City Downtown Business Association at Uncorked, 475 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
4. PUBLIC WORKS/LAKE TAHOE CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT PROGRAM STATUS – This is an informational item only; no action is requested.
5. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR – The Board discussed matters with negotiators and gave direction.
(a) Property: APN: 026-020-009, 026-020-011, 026-020-012, 026-020-013, 026-061-001, 026-061-003, 026-061-007, 026-061-051,026-061-068
Agency Negotiator(s): Tom Miller, Jim Durfee, Mary Dietrich, Anthony La Bouff.
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Placer Land Trust
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS – The Board was given an update with regards to the status of discussion with DSA and Labor Negotiations.
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Gerald O. Carden, Anthony J. La Bouff
Employee organization: DSA
Added to agenda - MOTION Holmes/Rockholm/Unanimous
(C) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – The Board received a status report and update and gave direction to Counsel.
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case
ADJOURNMENT – Next regular meeting is Tuesday, October 19, 2010.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2010 MEETING SCHEDULE:
October 19, 2010
November 2, 2010
November 23, 2010
December 14, 2010