COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, MAY 17, 2010
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
The Village at Squaw Valley
1750 Village East Road
Olympic Valley, CA
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Weygandt.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY (PDF)/PLANNING/GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT/REZONE/MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION/CALDWELL REZONE (PREA T20080154) - Staff brings forward the Planning Commission recommendation to deny a request from Troy Caldwell for:
1. An amendment to the Alpine Meadows General Plan to change the land use designation from Community Recreation, Green Belt, Park and Open Space to Single-Family Residential one dwelling unit per acre,
a. The Amendment to the Alpine Meadows General Plan and Rezoning applies to one acre of the 4.77-acre parcel and would allow for the construction of one single-family dwelling.
2. A Rezone from O (Open Space) to RS-B-43 (Residential Single-Family, combining minimum Building Site of 43,560 square feet).
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY (PDF)/PLANNING/REZONE/GONDOLA NORTH HOMESITE SUBDIVISION (PSUBT20080310) - Consider a recommendation from the Planning Commission to approve a rezone of approximately 6.1 acres from Forestry (FOR) and 4.07 acres from Open Space (O) to approximately 10.5 acres of Single-Family Residential combining Minimum Building Site of 8,000 square feet (RS-B-8) and a request to rezone approximately 4.10 acres from Residential Forestry – Development Reserve (RF-DR) to O (Open Space). The Board is also being asked to consider the adoption of a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the project.
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
3. RECEPTION - Hosted by Tahoe City Public Utility District, Squaw Valley Public Services District, Northstar Community Services District, North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, and the North Tahoe Public Utility District at Auld Dubliner Restaurant, 1995 Village South Road #41 Squaw Valley.
4. COUNTY COUNSEL (PDF)/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION:
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation:
(a) Terry B. Copeman v. County of Placer, et al.
U.S.D.C. Eastern District Court Case No.: 2:10-cv-01009-GEB-GGH
(b) Friends of the North Fork v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-23636
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Mike Boyle, Gerald O. Carden, Anthony J. La Bouff
Employee organization: PPEO. DSA.
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2010 MEETING SCHEDULE:
May 18, 2010
June 8, 2010
June 22, 2010
July 13, 2010
July 27, 2010