COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Jack Duran, District 1, Vice Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chair Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
North Tahoe Event Center
8318 North Lake Blvd.
Kings Beach, CA. 96143
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Uhler
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive a presentation on Mountain Housing Council progress.
2. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / PUBLIC WORK AND FACILITIES
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities to negotiate an Agreement of Purchase and Sale for the acquisition of three vacant parcels (APNs 093-160-079, -080, -081) totaling 11.4± acres located at 3205 North Lake Blvd, Tahoe City in the Dollar Hill area from R.T. Nahas Company for $3,600,000.
2. Direct the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to return to your Board with a negotiated Agreement of Purchase and Sale in substantial conformance to the attached Material Terms and subject to County Counsel concurrence.
3. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Conduct a Public Meeting as required by California Streets and Highways Code Section 36623(b) and Government Code Section 54954.6 to allow for public discussion on the proposed formation of a Tourist Based Improvement District proposed for the purposes of implementing a “Micro Mass Transit” system in Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows.
4. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Accept the recommendations of the Capital Projects Advisory Committee for Eastern Placer County for the FY 2018-19 capital project list as identified and described in Attachment 3 of Staff Report.
2. Direct staff to prepare any necessary Budget Revisions and/or agreements for the allocation of Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) funds in the total amount of $4,997,179 to be distributed consistent with the amounts identified in the FY 2018-19 capital project list and return to the Board for final approval.
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive a Presentation on funding strategies to implement Tourism Master Plan priorities in eastern Placer County including an update on the North Lake Tahoe Transportation Authority and voter poll results on a possible sales tax measure and Transient Occupancy Tax rate increase.
6. COUNTY COUNSEL / ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1))
(a) Placer County Taxpayers for Safety, Environmental Quality, and Continued Access to Public Roads, et al. v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0038045
(b) Martis Camp Community Association v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0038483
(c) California Clean Energy Committee v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court SCV0038578
(d) League to Save Lake Tahoe, et al. v. Placer County, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0038666
(e) Sierra Watch v. Placer County, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0038777
(f) Sierra Watch v. Placer County, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0038917
(g) High Sierra Ranch Rural Alliance v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0039447
2. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(4) of Government Code §54956.9: One potential case
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency designated representatives: Todd Leopold, Sheri Chapman, Gerald O. Carden, Dennis Batchelder
Employee organization: DSA
7. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES / PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve the award of a negotiated agreement to California Land Management Corporation of Palo Alto, CA for Park Ranger Services in the maximum amount of $285,000 for the period of August 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Funding is provided by the Department of Public Works and Facilities in the FY 2018-19 Proposed Budget.
2. Approve the option to renew the resulting agreement on a year-to-year basis for four (4) additional one-year terms in a maximum amount of not more than 10 percent over $285,000 and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents, including change orders, subject to departmental concurrence and available funding.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10721 to Valley Toxicology Inc. of West Sacramento for Specimen Collection Services for Drug Testing Services in the maximum amount of $150,000 for the period of August 01, 2018 to June 30, 2019, funded in the FY 2018-19 Proposed Budget.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting Blanket Purchase Order.
1. Approve the award of competitive Request for Proposals No. 10705 to Koinonia Foster Homes, Inc., dba Koinonia Family Services of Loomis, CA for Mental Health Services for Pre and Post Adoptive and Guardianship Children and Families in the maximum amount of $395,966 for the period of August 01, 2018 through June 30, 2020.
2. Authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to execute the resulting contract, subsequent amendments not to exceed $39,000 consistent with the Procurement Policy, with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
3. Authorize the Director of Health and Human Services the option to extend the contract for a two-year period for a maximum amount not to exceed $216,683 annually with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
8. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 18-069 Yaws, Megan (Personal Injury) $2,000,000
2. 18-070 Kolb, Jacob (Personal Injury) Unstated
3. 18-071 Kolb, Samuel (Personal Injury) Unstated
4. 18-072 Kolb, Karin (Personal Injury) Unstated
9. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the appointment of Shirley Gibbs to the unexpired term of Seat #2, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
1. Approve the appointment of Virgil Anderson to the unexpired term of Seat #4 (represents District 4), as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
1. Approve the 2018-19 term appointments and reappointments of the Placer County Youth
Commissioners and 3 at-large members.
1. Approve the reappointment of John Costa to Seat #5 with term expiring August 1, 2022.
10. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced on July 10, 2018, to amend Placer County Code Chapter 15, Article 15.90, Section 15.90.030.C.2.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Community Development Resource Agency Director or his designee to execute and submit an application to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development for $500,000 under the 2018 HOME Investment Partnership Program for the First Time Homebuyer Program and to execute all related documents in furtherance of the application.
11. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution to reaffirm a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
The County Executive Officer recommends that the Board approve a 5% merit increase for:
1. Chris Gray-Garcia, Public Information Officer, County Executive Office, from Grade 441, Step 4 at $54.35 per hour to Grade 441, Step 5 at $57.08 per hour, effective July 7, 2018.
2. Jennifer Smith, Deputy County Counsel III, County Counsel, from Grade 457, Step 4 at $63.76 per hour to Grade 457, Step 5 at $66.95 per hour, effective June 23, 2018.
3. Amy Ellis, Client Services Program Director, HHS ASOC, from Grade 466, Step 2 at $63.25 per hour to Grade 466, Step 3 at $66.37 per hour, effective May 12, 2018.
12. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Accept Childhood Injury Prevention Safety Equipment Donations from Stay Safe Solutions, Incorporated.
13. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance introduced on July 10, 2018, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance and the un-codified Allocations of Positions to Departments Ordinance as follows.
a. Create the classification of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Analyst MNGT Grade 422 ($6,683.73- $8,190.00 monthly), and allocate four (4) ERP Analysts to the Auditor-Controller’s Office.
b. Create the classification of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Analyst-Senior MNGT Grade 432 ($7,442.93- $9,044.53 monthly), and allocate two (2) ERP Analyst-Seniors to the Auditor-Controller’s Office.
c. Create the classification of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Manager MNGT Grade 457 ($9,545.47- $11,604.67) in the unclassified service, and allocate one (1) ERP Manager to the Auditor-Controller’s Office.
1. Approve the Schedule of Classifications and Salary Grades for Classified and Unclassified Services, posted June 20, 2018, pursuant to the California Code of Regulations (CCR) 570.5 Requirement for a Publicly Available Pay Schedule.
14. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Adopt an Ordinance introduced June 26, 2018 amending Placer County Code Chapter 8, Article 8.28; Chapter 15, Article 15.48; and Chapter 16, Articles 16.08 and 16.12, pertaining to integration of the East Placer Storm Water Quality Design Manual.
2. Adopt a Resolution approving and adopting the East Placer Storm Water Quality Design Manual and authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to implement the Manual and future updates.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to enter into a contract with Caltrans, subject to County Counsel and Risk Management approval, for execution of the Placer County Resort Triangle Transportation Plan funded through $600,000 in SB1 funding and $80,000 in budgeted County matching funds, awarded through the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account – Sustainable Communities Grant Program.
15. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $600 in Revenue Sharing monies to The Cowpoke Foundation as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($100) and Supervisor Holmes ($500).
1. Approve appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to Loomis Basin Chamber of Commerce as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to Roseville Chamber of Commerce as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on August 14, 2018.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
August 14, 2018
August 28, 2018
September 11, 2018
September 25, 2018
October 09, 2018
October 22, 2018 (Tahoe)
October 23, 2018 (Tahoe)
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov