COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, APRIL 26, 2005
Bill Santucci, District 1, Vice Chairman Jan Christofferson, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman Robert Bendorf, Assistant County Executive
Jim Holmes, District 3 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 John Marin, Administrative Officer
Bruce Kranz, District 5 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE - Led by Supervisor Santucci.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 13) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item will be removed from the Agenda for discussion.
a. Resolution authorizing (PDF) the Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer to sign State Contract #05-056 with State Department of Food and Agriculture Division of Measurement Standards, for FY 2005/06 weighmaster audits.
b. Resolution authorizing (PDF) the Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer to sign State Contract #05-0111 with the State Department of Food and Agriculture, Division of Measurement Standards, for FY 2005/06 petroleum product inspections.
c. Approve budget revision (PDF) increasing revenue, in the amount of $20,500, to purchase equipment including one fixed asset, a truck-mounted prover skid and add to the Master Fixed Asset List.
2. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution commending (PDF) Gloria B. Coutts, Assistant County Clerk, Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department, upon her retirement after more than 24 years of service to Placer County.
b. Resolution in support (PDF) of the 14th Annual "America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride" around Lake Tahoe, to be held on Sunday, June 5, 2005.
3. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Library Advisory Board (PDF) – Approve appointment of Sarah Arpe Malin to Seat #6 (North Tahoe Area District 5), as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
b. Granite Bay Municipal Advisory Council – Accept resignation of Richard Botkin, Seat #2 (At Large).
4. COUNTY CLERK/ELECTIONS (PDF) – Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 1, relating to the department of the County Clerk Recorder, Elections Division.
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PDF) – Approve the creation of a scholarship fund for non-management County employees through contributions provided by County employees and private donors and direct the County Executive Officer to develop program policy and procedure.
6. DISTRICT ATTORNEY (PDF) – Resolution authorizing Bradford R. Fenocchio, District Attorney, to sign the Victim/Witness California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board Joint Powers Agreement.
7. FACILITY SERVICES/PARKS (PDF) – Amend use and maintenance agreement with the Meadow Vista Trails Association, authorizing construction and maintenance of the Meadow Vista Trail Staging Area and Equestrian Arena.
11. REVENUE SHARING:
a. Approve appropriation (PDF) of $200 in Revenue Sharing monies to Foresthill Divide Little League 2005 Season, for scholarships and to reduce cost of registration fees, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Approve appropriation (PDF) of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to E.V. Cain Middle School Renaissance Fair, to purchase supplies for the event, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
c. Approve appropriation (PDF) of $450 in Revenue Sharing monies to Peace for Families 10th Annual Spring Luncheon, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250) and Supervisor Gaines ($200).
d. Approve appropriation (PDF) of $1,600 in Revenue Sharing monies to The Boys and Girls Club of Auburn for the 4th Annual “Kids' Benefit Breakfast”, supporting the youth development programs, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($100), Supervisor Holmes ($1,000) and Supervisor Gaines ($500).
e. Approve appropriation (PDF) of $2,250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Tommy Apostolos Fund Dinner Dance, to purchase clothing for needy children, as requested by Supervisor Santucci ($2,000) and Supervisor Gaines ($250).
*** End of Consent Agenda***
14. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT – Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid #9392, Historic Record Preservation Services/Clerk Recorder (PDF) – Award bid to Brown's River Bindery Co., Inc., in the maximum amount of $196,770.40.
b. Bid #9422, Plumbing Supplies/Various Departments (PDF) – Award bid to Anderson's Sierra Pipe, General Plumbing Supply and Plumbmaster, in the aggregate amount of $103,500.
c. Purchase Order #12369, CalWIN Printing & Mailing Services/Health & Human Services (PDF) - Approve cancellation of Blanket Purchase Order #12369 with DataProse, Inc., and approve award of contract to Document Fulfillment Services, in the maximum amount of $137,000.
d. Purchase Order, Traffic Paint/Public Works (PDF) – Approve blanket purchase orders with James David Lawrence and TMT-Pathway, LLC, in the maximum aggregate amount of $115,000.
e. Purchase Order, Annual Computer Software Maintenance & Support/Countywide (PDF) – Award to PeopleSoft, in the amount of $128,701.74, to provide maintenance and support for the ACORN/Personnel System.
f. Purchase Order, NEC Telephones & Parts/Telecommunications (PDF) – Renew blanket purchase order with Nexus IS, for an as-needed purchase, in an amount not to exceed $120,000.
g. Request for Proposal #9397, Abused Drug Testing Reagents/Public Health Lab (PDF) – Award to Dade Behring, in the maximum amount of $325,000.
15. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/DISTRICT ATTORNEY (PDF) – Approve an agreement for the purchase of a District Attorney Case Management system from Constellation Justice Systems, Inc., approve the lease of hardware and related software and services; and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute the related contractual documents for a total cost of $379,500 and a contingency of $35,000.
16. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES (PDF) – Resolution adopting the Placer County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan.
17. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/WORKFORCE HOUSING (PDF) – Resolution supporting modification of the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Code of Ordinances to facilitate affordable housing construction in the North Lake Tahoe area and authorize the Chairman to sign a letter in support of this effort.
a. Administrative Services (PDF) - Approve a three year agreement with the State of California, Department of Health Services, in the amount of $1,950,000 ($650,000 per annum), for Medi-Cal administrative activities, performed in FY 04/05, 05/06 and 06/07, and authorize the Chairman to sign the agreement, the Certification of Non-Federal Matching Funds and the certification regarding lobbying.
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Laurence Fletcher vs. County of Placer, Placer County Superior Court (Tahoe) Case No.: TCV877.
(b) Claude G. Davis vs. County of Placer, Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV16985.
(c) Sierra Watch, a nonprofit public benefit corporation, et. al. vs. Placer County et. al. Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-16652.
(d) Michael Baldwin et. al. vs Placer County, U.S.D.C. Case No.: CIV S-01-1177 MCE GGH.
(2) Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: DSA/PPEO
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
23. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) – Presentation of a resolution commending Gloria Coutts, Assistant County Clerk, Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department, upon her retirement after more than 24 years of service to Placer County.
24. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) – Presentation of a proclamation commending the Lincoln High School Academic Decathlon team for their achievement during the 2005 Placer County and State Academic Decathlon Competitions.
25. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) - PowerPoint presentation by Jonelle Norton, Chief Executive Officer for the Placer Valley Tourism Business Improvement District, highlighting first year achievements, the vision of this new tourism destination, and statistics of tourism increases in our area.
26. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) - Presentation of a commendation recognizing Shirley Patocka for her dedication to community service and being instrumental in the creation and development of the Griffith Quarry Museum.
27. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) – Presentation of a commendation recognizing Marie Huson for her dedication to community service and preserving the historical attributes of Placer County since her appointment in 1983 to the Historical Advisory Board.
28. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) – Presentation of a commendation recognizing Eli Demas for 39 years of dedicated service as a Placer County Parks Commissioner.
29. COUNTY SERVICES AREA #28, ZONE 178/MONTE VERDE ESTATES, PHASE II, TRACT #924:
a. Facility Services (PDF) – Public hearing to consider all protests, tabulate ballots and adopt a resolution setting charges to provide road rehabilitation, storm drainage maintenance, emergency accesses, fuel reduction and fire break maintenance and street lighting services.
b. Public Works (PDF) – Approve the Final Map, Subdivision Improvement Agreement and authorize the recording.
30. PUBLIC WORKS/CERRO VISTA PERMANENT ROAD DIVISION #6 (PDF) – Public hearing to receive and consider a Petition by Landowners for the formation of a Permanent Road Division (PRD); receive and consider the Affidavit of Valuations for the PRD; approve resolution to form the PRD and to order an election be held in accordance with Government Code, Section 1173, to determine if assessments to provide services within the PRD will be levied and to empower the Director of Public Works to appoint judges to conduct the election; instruct the Clerk of the Board to prepare the resolution for recording and to prepare a legal notice of the Special Tax Election.
31. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) – Presentation by Dr. Thomas Bonnicksen on forest health in the Lake Tahoe Basin.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2005 MEETING SCHEDULE:
May 10, 2005
May 24, 2005
June 14, 2005
June 28, 2005
July 12, 2005
July 25, 2005 (Tahoe)
July 26, 2005 (Tahoe)