COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, March 06, 2018
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1, Vice Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chair Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Gerald Carden, County Counsel
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider public testimony and adopt a Resolution to annex the Lognion property, located at 13055 Dry Creek Road in Auburn, (APN 076-181-019-000), into the boundaries of Sewer Maintenance District 1 to provide sewer service.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Receive an update on the Placer County Sustainability Plan.
3. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Conduct a Public Hearing, receive comments, and file the 2017 Annual Housing Element Implementation Progress Report for submittal to the California Department of Housing and Community Development and Governor’s Office of Planning and Research.
4. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve contract amendment CN0135921-A with Aegis Treatment Centers LLC for continued narcotics treatment services for Placer County residents, to increase funding by $400,000, for a revised total of $5,800,000 through June 30, 2018, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the amendment with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence and to sign any subsequent amendments, not to exceed $50,000, consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
5. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Adopt a Resolution awarding Construction Contract No. 000957 to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, Teichert and Son Inc. dba Teichert Construction of Roseville CA for the construction of the Cook Riolo Road Pathway Project in the amount of $1,449,750; authorizing the execution of the Contract with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute change orders up to 10 percent of the contract amount, with no single change order exceeding $150,000. The project is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities’ FY 2017–18 Final Budget and funded by a combination of Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Funds (94.95%), Regional Surface Transportation Program Funds (4.47%) and County Road Funds (0.58%).
6. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Approve the award of negotiated purchase orders to Allstar Fire Equipment, Inc. of Hayward, CA using a competitive bid from the State of California for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus equipment and related supplies for the Placer County Fire Department in the maximum aggregate amount of $803,031 over the four-year (4) period beginning March 06, 2018 through June 30, 2021. Funding in the FY 2017-18 through FY 2020-21 budgets will be split between the Fire Control Fund (25%), Sheridan Zone 6B (2%), Western Placer Zone 76 (15%), Community Facilities District 2012-1 (Sunset) (20%), Dutch Flat Zone 150 (3%), Dry Creek Zone 165 (15%), and North Auburn/Ophir Fire Zone 193 (20%).
2. Approve the Placer County Fire Department’s FY 2017-18 through FY 2020-21 Proposed Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Replacement Plan.
3. Approve a Budget Revision to move $10,018 within the Placer County Fire Department’s FY 2017-18 Fire Control Fund to allow a fixed asset purchase of fit test equipment which is one component of the Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus plan.
4. Add the fit test equipment to the FY 2017-18 Master Fixed Asset List.
5. Approve the option to negotiate purchase orders on a year-to-year basis using the State of California Contract No. 1-17-42-04 for as long as the contract is in effect, not to extend beyond June 30, 2021, in the amounts proposed annually on the replacement plan and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents subject to departmental concurrence and available funding.
1. Request that staff develop a formalized Sister Cities “County” program that creates an exchange of ideas with other municipalities, counties, provinces or other type of local government entities around the world.
2. Select Nanping County, in the Fujian Province of China, as the initial local government entity to develop a Sister Cities exchange relationship.
3. Support a funding request not to exceed $20,000 for a delegation from Nanping County, China to tour various sites throughout Placer County over a five-day period. The intent would be to identify potential economic development and agricultural interests between both the County and City; as well as showcase our tourism industry to a more global Chinese audience.
7. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(4) of Government Code §54956.9: One potential case
8. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 18-001 Sheets, Taylor B. (Personal Injury) $100,000
2. 18-005 Rogers, Natalie (Property Damage) Unstated
3. 18-010 Giandinoto Fraser, Jose Andres (Property Damage) Unstated
Reject the following application to present a late claim as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management.
1. 17-159 Cantrell, Julie A. (Personal Injury) $100,000
9. CLERK-RECORDER-REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Placer County Registrar of Voters to render election services for the June 05, 2018 Statewide Direct Primary Election.
10. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the reappointment of Nancy Hagman to Seat #2 as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
1. Approve the reappointment of Danielle Hardesty to Seat # 1 as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve the reappointment of Leslie Brewer to Seat #5 representing District Five, Karla Gustafson to Seat #11 representing Area 4 Agency on Aging, and Jamee Horning to Seat #16 representing Senior Services Organization Governing Board.
1. Approve the reappointment of Dave Honeycutt to Seat #3.
1. Approve the reappointment of Todd Gordon Mather, Leah Kaufman, Shannon Barter, and Daren McDonald as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
1. Approve the reappointment of Meredith Rosenberg to Seat #1, James Scribner to Seat #3, and Randal Pomin to Seat #5 as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
11. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Approve and authorize the Chief Building Official to execute a contract with Broadspec, Inc. to provide plan review and inspection services for the PlumpJack Squaw Project. There is no net County cost associated with this action as all costs for services will be paid by the applicant, PlumpJack Squaw Valley Development, LLC.
1. Authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the Tahoe Cedars Subdivision Final Map and Subdivision Improvement Agreement and approve recordation of the Final Map and the Agreement.
12. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution to reaffirm a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
1. Approve the appointment of Danielle Grindle to Seat #5 (representing Placer County General), Mike Staudenmayer to Seat #6 (representing Placer County General), David Hansen to Seat # 12 (representing At-Large, Social Services), Rick Stephens to Seat #13 (representing At-Large, Housing).
2. Confirm the Proposed appointment of Dave Wilderotter to Seat #1 (representing Business Association), Krista Voosen to Seat #2 (representing Business Association), Sarah Coolidge to Seat #3 (representing Special District), John Wilcox to Seat #4 (Special District), Alex Mourelatos to Seat #7 (representing North Lake Tahoe Resort Association), Ron Parson to Seat #8 (representing North Lake Tahoe Resort Association), Jaime Wright to Seat #9 (representing Transportation), Drew Conly to Seat #10 (representing Lodging), Greg Dallas to Seat #11 (representing Ski Resorts).
13. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve the addition of an emergency response trailer to the Master Fixed Asset List for Animal Services.
1. Approve the appointment of Dr. Jessica Del Pozo, to Seat 9 on the Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board representing Public Interest Member, District 5.
14. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Direct staff to proceed with the Penryn Road at Secret Ravine Repair Project (PC3022) as described and make the determination that the project is exempt under CEQA pursuant to Guidelines, Section 15269.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to award and execute an agreement with CH2M, Inc. for Civil Engineering Services for the Penryn Road at Secret Ravine Repair Project for an amount of $200,000, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute future amendments to the agreement up to $20,000 as needed. The project is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2017-18 Final Budget.
1. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to award and execute an agreement with Sycamore Environmental, Inc. for Environmental Services for the Penryn Road at Secret Ravine Repair Project for an amount of $100,000, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute future amendments up to $10,000 as needed. The project is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2017-18 Final Budget.
1. Adopt a Resolution accepting the Alpine Meadows Road at the Truckee River Bridge Replacement Project, Contract No. 001186, as complete, and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to sign and record the Notice of Completion.
15. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $700 in Revenue Sharing monies to Pro Youth and Families Inc. as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($200) and Supervisor Holmes ($500).
1. Approve appropriation of $1,500 in Revenue Sharing monies to KidsFirst as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($500), Supervisor Holmes ($500), and Supervisor Uhler ($500).
16. HUMAN RESOURCES
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on March 20, 2018.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
March 20, 2018
April 10, 2018
April 23, 2018 (Tahoe)
April 24, 2018 (Tahoe)
May 08, 2018
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the
resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
Agendas are available online at Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov