COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, JULY 21, 2008
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1, Vice Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
North Tahoe Conference Center
8318 North Lake Boulevard
Kings Beach, CA 96143
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Weygandt.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 2-4) - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 5 thru 15) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
1. FACILITY SERVICES (PDF) - Approve implementation of the Placer County Facility Asset Management System (FAMS); authorize the award of a contract to FAMIS Software, Inc., to provide software, installation, training and consulting services for the FAMS; adopt a resolution authorizing the Director of Facility Services to execute the resulting agreement upon approval of County Counsel and Risk Management and approve any necessary change orders consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code to a total contract amount not-to-exceed $370,000; and authorize the Director of Facility Services and the Purchasing Manager to take all other actions necessary to implement the project.
2. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/CHILDREN’S SYSTEM OF CARE (PDF) - Approve a contract with United Advocates for Children and Families to provide required advocacy and support services for youth and families for the term of July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009 in the amount of $1,062,885, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign subsequent amendments not to exceed $50,000. There are no County General Funds associated with this contract, and the costs are reflected in the Department’s 2008/09 Proposed Base Budget.
3. PUBLIC WORKS/AGREEMENT/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT (PDF) , INSPECTION, MATERIALS TESTING AND RELATED SERVICES, STATE ROUTE 65/SUNSET BOULEVARD INTERCHANGE PROJECT, CONTRACT #1057 – Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute a Professional Services Agreement with PSOMAS, in an amount not to exceed $2,567,458 for construction management, inspection, materials testing, and related services for State Route 65/Sunset Boulevard Interchange project; and authorize the Director of Public Works to approve and sign contract amendments for additional professional services not to exceed 10% of the contract amount.
4. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION (PDF): Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Mike Boyle, Valerie Flood, Anthony La Bouff.
Employee organization: PPEO. DSA.
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 2-4) All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 5 thru 15) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action and the item may be moved for discussion.
5 WARRANT REGISTERS – Weeks ending May 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6, 13, 20, 27, and July 4 2008.
6. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution commending (PDF) Deputy Russell Potts for his retirement from 29 years of dedicated public service as an employee of the Placer County Sheriff’s Department.
7. CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES (PDF) – Approve an addition of $700 to the agreement between the Department of Child Support Services and The Jernigan Group to provide Outreach services.
8 COMMITTEES & COMMISSION:
a. Child Care Local Planning Council (PDF) – Approve the reappointments of Darlene Jackson to Seat 5, Murial Moore to Seat 7 and Alison Burt to Seat 8.
b. Fish and Game Commission (PDF) - Approve the appointment of Don Gould to Seat 1, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
c. Planning Commission (PDF) – Approve the appointment of Harry Crabb to Seat 1, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
d. Roseville Public Cemetery District (PDF) – Approve the appointment of Beth Gould to Seat 3, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY:
a. Personnel (PDF) – Introduction of an ordinance, amending Placer County Code Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 1 - Allocation of Positions to the Engineering and Surveying Department, to reflect the reallocation of an Engineering Technician I/II position, Salary Range 103 ($52,310 - $63,584) to a County Surveyor position, Salary Range 456 ($91,333 - $111,010 annually).
b. Woodbridge Estates II, Tract # 967 (PDF) - Approve recording the Final Map, authorize the Chairman to sign the Final Map and Subdivision Improvement Agreement, and instruct the Clerk of the Board to prepare the Final Map and Subdivision Improvement Agreement for recording.
10. COUNTY EXECUTIVE (PDF) - Approve an amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Placer County Resource Conservation District (PCRCD) to support Phase 2 of the cooperative Dry Creek Watershed Red Sesbania Control Project in the amount of $58,000. The funds earmarked for this MOU amendment will be reimbursed through two previously Board approved grants: one from the CalFed Watershed Program for $36,000 and the other from California Department of Food and Agriculture for $22,000.
11. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Dry Creek Sewer (PDF) - Authorize staff to pay $96,000 as the County’s share of the Administrative Civil Liability Complaint issued by the Regional Water Quality Control Board for a sewer spill in the Dry Creek Sewer County Service Area.
b. Blanket Purchase Order #15208 (PDF) , Environmental Lab Services - Approve an increase of $110,000 to Blanket Purchase Order 15208 with Excelchem Environmental Labs, for environmental lab services.
12. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Competitive Request for Proposals #9805 (PDF) , Sheriff’s Dispatch Unit Analysis/Sheriff - Approve award to Matrix Consulting Group, in the maximum amount of $71,000.
13. PUBLIC WORKS/SR 49/HULBERT WAY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (PDF) (The Plaza) CONTRACT #1015, AMENDMENT #1 – Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works to approve and execute Contract Amendment No. 1 to Professional Services Agreement No. 1015, with Vali Cooper & Associates, Inc., in the amount of $59,000, increasing the total contract amount, including this amendment, to $599,000.
14. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approve appropriation of $250 (PDF) in Revenue Sharing monies to Eskaton Senior Residences and Services Companionship Plus Program, as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
b. Approve appropriation of $200 (PDF) in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Area Chamber of Commerce 11th Annual Golf Fore Grads Tournament, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
c. Approve appropriation of $1,250 (PDF) in Revenue Sharing monies to the 5th Annual Placer Farm & Barn Tour, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($500), Supervisor Weygandt ($500) and Supervisor Holmes (250).
d. Approve appropriation of $150 (PDF) in Revenue Sharing monies to the Roseville Chamber of Commerce 13th Annual Past Presidents’ Club Golf Tournament, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
e. Approve appropriation of $500 (PDF) in Revenue Sharing monies to The Gathering Inn as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($250) and Supervisor Uhler ($250).
15. SHERIFF (PDF) – Approve an agreement between Sacramento County Information Technology (OCIT) for access to Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS), authorize the Sheriff-Coroner-Marshal to execute the agreement in the amount of $18,276 on behalf of the County for system access for the Sheriff’s Office ($13,890) and District Attorney ($4,386). The initial one-year term of the agreement begins July 1, 2008. The cost of this access will be absorbed in the Fiscal 08/09 budget with no additional impact to the General Fund.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
16. AUDITOR CONTROLLER (PDF) - Auditor-Controller’s Independent Accountant’s Report on the Treasurer’s Statement of Assets. This statement is for the quarter ended March 31, 2008.
17. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR (PDF) - Treasurer’s Statement for the month of June.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2008 MEETING SCHEDULE:
July 22, 2008 (Tahoe)
August 5, 2008
August 12, 13, & 14, 2008 (Budget hearings)
August 26, 2008
September 9, 2008
September 23, 2008