COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chair Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Chair
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Gerald Carden, County Counsel
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing and adopt a Resolution amending the fee schedule for Placer County Public Recreation Areas (to include additional facilities subject to reservation for a fee) and establishing fines for violations of the reservation system.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY / PLANNING
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider a third-party appeal filed by Stan Sexton, Dan Clark, Carolyn Edwards (Bailey), and Leslie Warren.
2. Deny the appeal filed by Stan Saxton, Dan Clark, Carolyn Edwards (Bailey), and Leslie Warren.
3. Uphold the Planning Commission’s May 25, 2017 decision to adopt the Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program prepared for the Joeger 20 project pursuant to CEQA.
4. Uphold the Planning Commission’s May 25, 2017 decision to approve a Tentative Subdivision Map and Conditional Use Permit for the 17-lot Joeger 20 Planned Residential Development subject to the conditions attached to the staff report.
3. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS /COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive an update on the Medical Cannabis Policy Workgroup and provide direction as appropriate.
4. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive an update on the development of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2017-18 Final Budget and provide staff direction as necessary.
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Direct staff to implement a Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan for Facilities (Facilities CIP) that:
a. Commits at least $4.5 million annually to facility rehabilitation ($3 million), facility renovations ($1 million), and capital planning ($500,000), and;
b. Funds and builds the following capital projects consistent with the draft Capital Financing Plan:
1. Auburn HHS Admin Building
2. Coroner Facility
3. Elections Warehouse
4. Jail Facilities
5. Placer Parkway Phase 1
6. Fairgrounds Renovations
2. Direct staff to include funding in the Fiscal Year (FY) 2017-18 Final Budget for the following facility renovations:
a. Board Chambers ADA Upgrade - $50,000
b. PCGC Campus Ag Commission Remodel - $12,000
c. PCGC Campus Assessor Remodel - $851,000
d. Tahoe Admin Center Generator - $300,000
3. Receive an update on the proposed new Crime Lab Program and provide direction on undertaking the program and requested capital facility project.
6. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Authorize the Director of Health and Human Services, or his designee, to submit an application for renewal of the Community Mental Health Services Block Grant for FY 2017-18 in the amount of $754,846 (no net County cost), to accept those funds, and to execute the application and any resulting agreement and documents as required.
1. Approve the award of competitive Request for Proposals No. 10565 for supportive housing services to Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing, Inc. (AMIH), provided that the Director of Public Works and Facilities certifies in writing that all conditions for the sale of 319 Main Street have been satisfied.
2. Approve the deed restriction to Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing, Inc. (AMIH) for the property at 319 Main Street in Roseville, CA for a 45-year period and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities to determine the start date and sign the deed restriction with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
3. Approve an agreement with Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing, Inc. (AMIH) for Supportive Housing Services at the 319 Main Street property in the maximum amount of $615,000 ending June 30, 2020 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to determine the start date and sign the agreement with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
1. Receive information on the “Safely Out" Emergency Kits pilot project. The kits assist first responders with quick notification if a vulnerable person needs help or has been evacuated during a disaster. Funded through the In-Home Support Services Maintenance of Effort for FY 16-17.
7. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with the California Department of Parks and Recreation for planning, development, and operation of the Memorial Overland Emigrant Trail within Donner Memorial State Park, and authorize the Director of the Department of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute all applicable documents required to complete the work of Placer County contemplated in the Memorandum of Understanding. Sufficient funding for the County obligations is available in the FY 2017-18 Proposed Budget in the Capital Projects Fund, Project No. 4511 – Emigrant Trail Study.
1. Approve the First Amendment to Consultant Services Agreement CN028222 with Stantec Consulting Services, Inc., and authorize the Director of the Department of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute the amendment, for additional easement alignment analysis in the amount of $182,950, for a total contract amount of $369,950, funded in the FY 2017-18 Proposed Budget by the Capital Projects Fund, Project No. 04511 – Emigrant Trail Study.
8. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) Brendan Coleman v. Placer County, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:17-cv-01579-WBS-CKD
2. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(2) of Government Code §54956.9: One potential case
(b) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(4) of Government Code §54956.9: One potential case
1. Approve Budget Revisions for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2017 to comply with the requirements of the County Budget Act.
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the FY 2017-18 property tax rates calculated by Placer County for voter-approved indebtedness, pursuant to Government Code sections 29100 and 29106.
10. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
A. Reject the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
a. 17-097 Christensen, Corbett (Property Damage) $25,000
b. 17-100 Kirk, Sara L. (Property Damage) $171.91
11. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the 2017/18 term appointments of the Auburn Veterans Memorial Hall Board.
1. Approve the 2017/18 term appointments of the Colfax Veterans Memorial Hall Board.
1. Approve the 2017/18 term appointments of the Foresthill Veterans Memorial Hall Board.
1. Approve the 2017/18 term appointments of the Lincoln Veterans Memorial Hall Board.
1. Approve the 2017/18 term appointments of the Loomis Veterans Memorial Hall Board.
1. Approve the 2017/18 term appointments of the Roseville Veterans Memorial Hall Board.
1. Approve the appointment of Stacie Lyans to Seat #5, requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
1. Approve the appointment of David Wiltsee to Seat #14 (representing At-large member).
12. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing designated staff to execute for and on behalf of Placer County for all actions necessary to obtain funds in the 2017 Emergency Management Performance Grant.
1. Adopt a Resolution reaffirming a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
13. DISTRICT ATTORNEY
1. Approve the sixth amendment with the California Department of Justice for a one-year extension for forensic alcohol testing, toxicological drug and solid dosage analysis, and reimbursement of a criminalist for the period of July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, in the amount of $116,364 and authorize the District Attorney to execute the contract and other required documents. Funding is included in the Department’s FY 2017-18 budget (no new County cost).
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced August 08, 2017, amending the un-codified allocations of positions to the District Attorney for FY 2017-18, for the hiring of two investigators working a limited term assignment.
14. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a contract with the Homeless Resource Council of the Sierras to support participation in and use of the Homeless Management Information System, coordination of our Continuum of Care, homeless counts, and other homeless services for a total of $53,262 for July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the resulting agreement, to extend the agreement one year at the current rate, and execute subsequent amendments not to exceed 10 percent of the total agreement amount, consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk
1. Approve the appointment of Elizabeth Madsen, Family Member, District 5, Seat 3, to the Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board (MHADAB).
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Health and Human Services to execute and submit an application and related documents, and accept No Place Like Home Technical Assistance Grant Funding in the amount of $100,000.
15. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced on August 08, 2017, amending Chapter 3 of the Placer County Code, consistent with the new Memorandum of Understanding with the Placer Public Employees Organization.
Introduce an Ordinance amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance as follows:
1. Retitle the Accountant-Auditor I/II classification to Accountant I/II, retitle the Accountant-Auditor, Senior classification to Accountant, Senior.
2. Create new classification specifications for Auditor I, at the recommended salary grade of PROF 208 ($4,606.62 - $5,599.40 monthly); Auditor II at the recommended salary grade of PROF 220 ($5,332.86 - $6,482.11 monthly); Auditor- Senior at the recommended salary grade of PROF 232 ($6,173.38 - $7,503.79 monthly); Accountant-Supervising at the recommended salary grade of MNGT 424 ($6,403.39 - $7,783.38 monthly), and adjust salary grade MNGT 424.
3. Create a new classification of Staff Services Manager at the recommended salary grade of MNGT 426 ($6,553.54 - $ 7,965.86/monthly), and adjust the salary grade for MNGT 426. Oral reading waived.
16. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to amend the Energy Services Contract and Ground Lease with Macquarie Group Ltd. from $0.21 to $0.125 for the first year with an escalation rate of 3.56% annually, for a period of 10 years for the purchase of electricity under the existing Power Purchase Agreement.
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve the plans and specifications for the Brewer Road Over Pleasant Grove Creek Bridge Replacement Project funded through the Federal Highway Bridge Program and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to advertise for construction bids.
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (State Clearing House No. 2017062003) with the required findings and mitigations for the Western Placer Creeks Routine Maintenance Agreement Project.
17. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $750 in Revenue Sharing monies to KidsFirst as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250) and Supervisor Holmes ($500).
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on September 05, 2017
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
September 05, 2017
September 19, 2017
October 03, 2017
October 23, 2017 (Tahoe)
October 24, 2017 (Tahoe)
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
Agendas are available online at Placer County’s website