COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, April 24, 2017
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chair Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Chair
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Executive David Boesch
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Present a Commendation recognizing the Placer Nature Center for over twenty-five years of service to Placer County.
(Chair Montgomery 10 min)
2. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a Proclamation recognizing April 2017 as “Sexual Assault Awareness Month” and April 26, 2017 as “Denim Day” in Placer County.
(Maureen Bauman 10 min)
3. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve a Proclamation recognizing May 04, 2017 as the Big Day of Giving in Placer County.
(Chair Montgomery 10 min)
4. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to approve an Engineering and Traffic Survey on various County roadways, and adopt an Ordinance amending Chapter 10, Article 10.04 of the Placer County Code pertaining to speed limits.
(Phil Vassion 10 min)
5. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Receive a presentation on the Stephanie Bellotti Teen Driving Fund.
(Twylla Abrahamson 15 min)
6. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing and adopt a Resolution amending the current fee schedule to allow for the sale of pet supply items and amending animal adoption fees pursuant to Placer County Code Section 2.116.110.
2. Receive report of $50,000 donation to Placer County Animal Services and an update on the new facility operations.
(Wesley Nicks 10 min)
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
The Board of Supervisors is requested to:
1. Receive an update on the projected impact of the lowered discount rate to the County’s California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) pension fund(s).
2. Receive a presentation outlining the benefits of utilizing an Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 115 irrevocable trust for pension funding.
3. Adopt a Resolution approving an update to the Pension Funding Policy.
4. Authorize the County Executive Officer to execute the attached service agreement for the period of April 25, 2017 through April 24, 2020 with Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS) of Newport Beach, CA to establish an IRC Section 115 Irrevocable Trust to pre-fund pension obligations subject to County Counsel and Risk Management concurrence.
5. Adopt a Resolution and approve a budget revision to cancel the Committed Reserve for Post-Retirement Obligations and appropriate the full amount of $2,909,468 to provide initial funding for the IRC Section 115 irrevocable trust.
(Andy Sisk and Jonathan Schmidt 15 min)
8. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive a presentation from the Tahoe City Downtown Association providing the Board with an annual update on the status of the Organization.
(Stacie Lyans, TCDA 15 minutes)
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider the 2016 Annual Housing Element Implementation Progress Report, accept any public or written comments on the same and authorize submittal of the Report to the California Department of Housing and Community Development and Governor’s Office of Planning and Research.
(Shawna Purvines 5 min)
10. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute the Consultant Services Agreement with Disability Access Consultants, to provide an Americans with Disabilities Act Self Evaluation and Transition Plan, in an amount not-to-exceed $514,500, funded by the Capital Projects Fund in FY 2016-17 Final Budget and requested in the FY 2017-18 Proposed Budget.
(Rob Unholz 5 min)
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve the submittal of a California Federal Lands Access Program funding application as co-applicant with the Town of Truckee for construction of two segments of the Resort Triangle Trail in Placer County and one segment in the Town of Truckee, including a local match funding commitment of 11.47 percent of the awarded grant amount, estimated at $544,825, and authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, agreements between the County and Central Federal Lands Division to facilitate construction of the sections of trail.
(Kansas McGahan 5 min)
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the Second Amendment to the Memorandum of Agreement between Placer County, the Cities of Roseville, Rocklin and Lincoln, and South Placer Regional Transportation Authority allowing for fee deferral for the Tier II Development Fee Program, and authorizing the Chair to execute the Memorandum of Agreement.
(Stephanie Holloway 5 min)
11. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Consider Applicants for the Alta Fire Protection District Board of Directors.
(John McEldowney 5 min)
12. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) In the Matter of the Appeal Regarding CalPERS Membership of: PETER H. VAN AUKEN, CalPERS Case No. 2015-0303
(B) §54956.8 –CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS
Property: APN: 026-370-053-000
Agency Negotiators: David Boesch, Gerald
Carden, Robert Sandman, Ken Grehm, Mark Rideout, Andy Fisher and Laurie Morse
Negotiating Parties: Placer County, Lone Star Golf, Inc., c/o Owens Financial Group, Inc., and Placer Land Trust.
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both.
(C) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency designated representatives: David Boesch, Judy La Porte, Deborah Glasser, Gerald O. Carden
Employee organization: PPEO
13. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve the renewal of a contract with Dimension Data North America Inc. of Charlotte, NC in the amount of $79,000 for BOX software licenses and related support for the period May 11, 2017 through May 10, 2018, funded by Administrative Services’ FY 2016-17 Final Budget.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. Approve Change Order No. 1 to a contract with Zeek Technologies of Granite Bay, CA for information technology support services, in the amount of $30,000, increasing the total contract amount to $80,000, and extending the time period from April 30, 2017 to June 30, 2017. Funding is provided by Administrative Services’ FY 2016-17 Final Budget, resulting in no net new County cost.
1. Approve the award of a negotiated contract with Randstad Technologies of Sacramento, CA for information technology support services in the maximum amount of $250,000 for the period of May 01, 2017 to October 31, 2017, funded by Administrative Services’ FY 2016-17 Final Budget and will be requested in the FY 2017-18 Proposed Budget, resulting in no net new County cost.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. For the eastern areas of Placer County, approve a one-year extension of a Qualified List of firms for construction management services, construction inspection, material testing, and construction surveying for public works projects, to be provided as needed to the Department of Public Works and Facilities for the period of May 01, 2017 through April 30, 2018.
2. Approve the option to renew the Qualified List for the period of May 01, 2018 through April 30, 2019.
3. For the western areas of Placer County, approve a new Qualified List of firms based on the competitive Request for Qualifications No. 10622 for construction management services, construction inspection, material testing, and construction surveying for public works projects, to be provided as needed to the Department of Public Works and Facilities for the period of May 01, 2017 through April 30, 2020.
4. Approve the option to renew the resulting Qualified List of firms on a year-to-year basis for two (2) additional one-year periods.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10624 to Clyde Armory Inc. of Bogart, GA for the purchase of 40 Daniel Defense Rifles and related items in the total amount of $72,567. Funding is included in the Sheriff’s Office FY 2016-17 Final Budget.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10596 to Rogue Jet Boatworks Inc. of White City, OR, in the amount of $98,551 for the purchase of one Coastal Inboard Patrol Boat and Trailer.
2. Approve a Budget Revision to increase revenue and expenditures in the amount of $9,009 within the Sheriff’s Office’s FY 2016-17 Final Budget to purchase a replacement patrol boat and trailer for the Auburn Marine Patrol Program, with no net new County Cost.
3. Add the equipment to the FY 2016-17 Master Fixed Asset List.
4. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting purchase order and related documents.
14. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve minutes of March 07, 2017.
A. Reject the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
1. 17-011 Andres, Amie (Property Damage) $1,279
2. 17-034 Ottowa Group (Personal Injury) Unstated
3. 17-040 Burns, Hannah (Property Damage) $222
16. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the appointment of Trevor Vass to Seat #3 (representing District 3), as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve the appointment of Douglas Blake to the unexpired term of Seat #8 (Represents Families at Risk).
1. Approve appointment of Hayley Waringer to the unexpired term of Seat #3, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
1. Approve appointment of Susan MacIntosh to the unexpired term of Seat #1, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
17. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Adopt a Resolution ratifying Squaw Valley Public Service District’s Ordinance 2017-01 adopting the 2016
California Fire Code, local amendments, and findings.
18. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Approve a Use Agreement with Donner Summit Legacy authorizing the use of Transient Occupancy Tax funds generated in North Lake Tahoe, in the amount of $53,000, to design, construct and install a visitor kiosk and welcome sign at the Interstate 80 exit for Soda Springs and Old Highway 40, at no net cost to the County General Fund. The terms of this agreement are April 25, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
1. Approve a Use Agreement with the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association authorizing the use of Transient Occupancy Tax funds generated in North Lake Tahoe, in the amount of $14,092, to design and install way-finding signs at trailheads and trail intersections in North Lake Tahoe and design and print trail maps, at no net cost to the County General Fund. The term of this agreement is April 24, 2017 through December 31, 2018.
1. Adopt a Resolution approving a Master Agreement for Apportionment of Property Tax Revenues due to jurisdictional changes, by and between the County of Placer and the Nevada Irrigation District and authorize the County Executive Officer, or designee, to execute the same.
1. The County Executive Officer recommends that the Board approve a 5% merit increase for:
a. Allison McCrossen, Deputy Director - Human Resources from Grade 457, Step 3 at $56.68 per hour to Grade 457 Step 4 at $59.52 per hour, effective April 15, 2017.
b. Robert L. Oldham, Health Officer from Grade 508, Step 4 at $98.85 per hour to Grade 508 Step 5 at $103.78 per hour, effective March 18, 2017.
c. Brett Storey, Principal Management Analyst from Grade 454, Step 2 at $52.39 per hour to Grade 454, Step 3 at $55.01 per hour, effective April 29, 2017.
e. Jasmine D. Ward, Student Intern from Grade U10, Step 1 at $11.52 per hour to Grade U10, Step 2 at $12.10 per hour, effective April 29, 2017.
1. Adopt a Resolution reaffirming a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
1. Adopt a Resolution reaffirming a local emergency in Placer County due to flooding.
19. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a Proclamation declaring May 2017 as Placer County Older Americans’ Month.
1. Approve the amendment to the Placer County Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board Bylaws.
1. Ratify the Adult System of Care’s application to the Federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to terminate the Medicare program at the Placer County Medical Clinic in Auburn, and authorize the Director of the Adult System of Care to sign the application, all resulting documentation, reports, agreements and certifications as required. Western Sierra Medical Clinic has established two medical clinics in Auburn to provide medical services to the Medicare and other populations.
1. Approve a Proclamation supporting Placer County’s participation in Getting to Zero, a regional campaign to align public, private and philanthropic programs and resources in support of a low or no barrier approach to reducing homelessness in Placer, Sacramento and Yolo Counties.
20. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced April 04, 2017, amending the un-codified Allocation of Positions to Departments Ordinance to add one (1) Investigative Assistant position and reduce the number of Administrative Legal Clerk – Senior positions from three (3) to two (2) in the Sheriff’s Office.
21. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve submittal of a Proposition 1 Round 2 Grant Program application through the California Tahoe Conservancy; and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute grant agreements.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee to enter into an amendment to Utility Agreement No. 1 with Pacific Gas & Electric Company for utility relocation services needed to relocate existing facilities in conflict with the construction services for the Bridge Replacement Project on Wise Road over Doty Creek. This amendment will increase the agreement amount by $6,848 for a total amount not to exceed $14,140.
1. Approve the Engineer’s Report and adopt a Resolution of Intention to continue the levy of assessments for FY 2017-18, and setting the time, date and location for a Public Hearing for the Granite Bay Parks, Trails and Open Space Assessment District.
1. Approve a Budget Revision creating a new capital project No. 04515, Hidden Falls Regional Park Grant and appropriating State grant revenues in the amount of $196,700 to fund environmental review for the Hidden Falls Trail connectivity project.
1. Authorize the Chair to execute an Agreement with the City of Rocklin to improve two bus stops within the City of Rocklin, for a total project cost not to exceed $37,845, which requires the City of Rocklin to reimburse Placer County for all expenses related to the installation of two passenger shelters.
1. Introduce an Ordinance amending provisions of Chapter 10, Article 10.12 of the Placer County Code regarding parking restrictions and penalties for parking violations on various County roads and in various County parking lots (oral reading waived).
22. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $350 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Host Lions Club as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to Feed the Hungry of Auburn as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve a Budget Revision to move $22,500 within the Sheriff’s Office FY 2016-17 Final Budget for the purchase of a night vision scope and mounting accessories from Mile High Shooting of Erie, OH, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute all related documents, and add the equipment to the Master Fixed Asset List.
1. Approve a Budget Revision to move $62,500 within the Sheriff’s Office FY 2016-17 Final Budget for the purchase of a Radio Interoperability System (RIOS) from SyTech Corporation of Washington D.C, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute all related documents, and add the equipment to the Master Fixed Asset List.
1. Approve the five-year master Cooperative Law Enforcement Agreement between the Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Forest Service, and authorize the Sheriff to sign and execute the Agreement.
2. Approve the two (2) Annual Operating and Financial Plans between the Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Forest Service for Visitor Protection Cooperative Patrol and Controlled Substance Enforcement on Federal lands totaling $25,000, commencing October 01, 2016 through September 30, 2017.
1. Approve the appointment John Dyer, representing American Legion Post #264 to Seat #6 of the Placer County Veterans Advisory Council.
25. HUMAN RESOURCES
26. TREASURER TAX-COLLECTOR
B. , notice of the following annual market continuing disclosure reports for the year ended June 30, 2016 were filed timely electronically via msrb.emma.org.
1. Dry Creek-West Placer CFD #2001-1 Series 2001 Special Tax Bonds
2. Placer Corporate Center Assessment District No.1 Bonds
3. North Lake Tahoe PFA 2014 Refunding Lease Revenue Bonds
4. Placer County RDA 2015 Tax Allocation Refunding Bonds, Series A, Taxable Series B
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on May 09, 2017.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
May 09, 2017
May 30, 2017
June 13, 2017
June 27, 2017
July 11, 2017
July 24, 2017 – Tahoe
July 25, 2017 – Tahoe
August 08, 2017
August 22, 2017
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
Agendas are available online at Placer County’s website