COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chair Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Chair
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
ADD TO DEPARTMENT:
4. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(b) Ryan D. Basque v. County of Placer, et al.
U.S.D.C. Eastern District Case No. 2:16-cv-02760-MCE-KJN
2. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(2) of Government Code §54956.9: One potential case
ADD TO CONSENT:
7. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Authorization to send a letter to Santa Clara Superior Court in opposition to proposed placement of a Sexually Violent Predator [SVP] at a location within County of Placer.
8. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
A. Reject the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
9. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve reappointment of Eric Bose to Seat #1 and Virg Anderson to Seat #7, as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
POSTED: Friday, January 20, 2017