COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2006
Bill Santucci, District 1, Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, please contact the Clerk of the Board. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation.
CONTINUED ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING OF NOVEMBER 7, 2006
FLAG SALUTE - Led by Supervisor Kranz.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15 minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 3) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) – Approve minutes of October 10, 16, 23, 24, & 30, 2006.
2. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. PERSONNEL (PDF) - Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, relating to a salary increase to new state minimum wage level for the Occupational Trainee classification.
b. PERSONNEL/CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION (PDF) – Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Allocation of Positions, relating to the reclassification of one Technology Solutions Analyst I/II position to Senior Technology Solutions Analyst in the Clerk Recorder-Registrar of Voter’s Department and reclassification of one Client Services Program Manager position to Assistant Client Services Program Director in the Health and Human Services Department.
c. SHERIFF (PDF) - Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Allocations and Compensation, Section 3.12.030, Schedule of Classifications, Salary Plan and Grade Unclassified Service, and Section 3.12.040, Salaries-Placer County Sheriff’s Ordinance Initiative, to reflect the addition of the Assistant Sheriff position.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 2
NOVEMBER 20, 2006
3. PUBLIC WORKS/SR 49 SAFETY AND OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS (PDF) – Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works to sign amendments to the State/County Cooperative Agreement for the State Route 49 Safety & Operational Improvement Project subject to County Counsel approval.
***End of Consent Agenda***
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED BEFORE NOON, AS TIME ALLOWS
4. COUNTY COUNSEL (PDF) – Authorize County Counsel to implement Board of Supervisor vacancy notice and appointment process.
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/PERSONNEL/ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. Ordinance (PDF) adopting the Memorandums of Understanding with the Placer Public Employee Organization Professional and General Units regarding salaries, benefits and rule changes for the period July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2010.
b. Ordinance (PDF) adjusting the salary, compensation, and benefits of management and confidential employees.
c. Ordinance (PDF) adjusting the salary, compensation and benefits of elected department heads.
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54957 - PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: County Executive Officer
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
(a) Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 3
NOVEMBER 20, 2006
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN:
7. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/PLACER COUNTY CONSERVATION PLAN (PCCP) (PDF) – Financial analysis and prioritization of alternatives:
1. Direct staff to proceed with negotiations to refine the Alternative 14 reserve system for the PCCP.
2. Direct staff to work with the Financial Working Group to assist in the development of a finance plan for the PCCP.
3. Report back to the Board on the ability of the State and Federal agencies to support Reserve Map 14, as well as on the anticipated costs associated with completion of the PCCP.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2006 MEETING SCHEDULE:
December 05, 2006
December 19, 2006
AGENDA AVAILABLE VIA FAX (530) 889-6800
OR FROM PLACER COUNTY’S WEBSITE www.placer.ca.gov