COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2006
Bill Santucci, District 1, Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in
its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Anthony La Bouff, County Counsel.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA : All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 19) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item will be moved from the Agenda for discussion.
1. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. County Executive (PDF) - Ordinance creating the Deputy Director of Facility Services, Environmental Engineering and Utility classification specification, deleting the Deputy Director of Facility Services, Solid Waste and Special Districts, and amending Chapter 3, Section 3.08.070 and 3.12.010, Appendix 1 and 3.12.030 relating to the Facility Services Department.
b. Personnel/Civil Service Commission (PDF) – Ordinance amending Placer County Code to approve classification revisions and reclassification of positions in the Office of Emergency Services, Sheriff’s Department and Facility Services Department to establish the probationary period for Deputy Sheriff Trainee at one year.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 2
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
2. AGRICULTURE (PDF) - Resolution authorizing the Chairman to sign a three-year rental agreement for FY 2006/09 with El Dorado County, in an amount of up to $2,000 per year, for El Dorado County’s weight testing truck and equipment.
3. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) - Approve a Proclamation declaring November as Prematurity Awareness Month in Placer County.
4. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY (PDF) :
a. 06-095, Jorgenson, Ba’Shay, $40 (Property Loss).
b. 06-111, Wallace, Jeaneen, $1,267.85 (Property Damage).
5. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Auburn Veterans Memorial Hall Board (PDF) – Approve appointment of Michael Paul Crouson, alternate for Terry Crouson, to Seat 11 (Marine Corp League), as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. First 5 Placer Children and Families Commission (PDF) – Approve reappointment of Dr. Sandra Naylor-Goodwin to Seat 7 (Child Behavioral Health) for a three-year term.
6. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/ENGINEERING & SURVEYING/WILLOW PARK SUBDIVISION, TRACT #926, PROJECT #8280 (PDF) – Accept the improvements as complete, reduce the Faithful Performance to 25% and Labor and Materials to 50%, holding for six months or longer if claims exist. The subdivision is located south of PFE Road and west of Cook-Riolo Road, in western Placer County.
7. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING:
a. Authorize the County Executive Officer (PDF) to execute the first contract amendment with Adrienne Graham, in the amount of $40,000, to provide planning services for the Placer Vineyards project.
b. Authorize the Purchasing Manager (PDF) to execute the third contract amendment with Quad Knopf Inc., based upon the scope of work amount of $20,000, to assist the Planning Department with the expedited review for the Home Depot Project
8. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Resolution executing the California State Fair Official Entry Form (PDF) and appointing James Durfee, Facility Services Director, to be the official representative for the County of Placer in matters pertaining to the County’s 2007 State Fair Exhibit.
b. Approve merit increase for Rui Cunha (PDF), Emergency Services Program Manager, from Grade 445, Step 3 to Grade 445, Step 4, retroactive to May 2, 2006.
c. Approve merit increase for John Marin (PDF) , Director of Community Development Resource Agency, from Grade 663, Step 3 to Grade 663, Step 4, effective November 8, 2006.
9. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES (PDF) - Approve a budget revision for three portable changeable message signs to be purchased with Homeland Security Grant Program funds for the Department of Public Works, authorize the Purchasing Manager to solicit bids and sign a contract, in an amount not to exceed $60,000, and add the items to the Master Fixed Asset List.
10. FACILITY SERVICES/ AUBURN JUSTICE CENTER, PROJECT #4674 (PDF) - Upon Procurement Services’ determination of the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign a purchase order for office furnishings, in an amount not to exceed $200,000, for the new Auburn Justice Center located in the Placer County Government Center, North Auburn.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 3
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
11. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Administration (PDF) - Approve the purchase of an Identix Livescan Fingerprint and Identification System, printer and associated software and support, in the amount of $18,000, approve a budget revision in the total amount of $18,000, and add the system to the Master Fixed Asset List.
b. Adult System of Care (PDF) - Approve a consulting agreement with Streamline Consulting Group, Inc., from September 1, 2006 through August 31, 2008, in the amount of $96,000, to provide facilitation and planning services for the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments.
c. Children’s System of Care (PDF) - Approve a consulting agreement with ProProse, from November 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $123,000, to provide social marketing services for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Children’s Mental Health Initiative Grant, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments.
d. Children’s System of Care (PDF) - Approve a contract for Intensive Treatment Foster Care Services with St. Vincent’s Foster Family Agency, from July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $100,000, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments.
e. Children’s System of Care (PDF) - Approve a consulting agreement with Paul “Pablo” Stansbery, from November 1, 2006 through June 30, 2008, in the amount of $120,000, to provide evaluation of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Children’s Mental Health Initiative Grant and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments.
f. Children’s System of Care (PDF) – Approve a grant agreement with Stuart Foundation for FY 2006/07 awarding Placer County Health & Human Services $25,000 for expansion of the Family to Family program and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign.
g. Children’s System of Care (PDF) - Approve a contract with The Effort, Inc., from July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $16,000, for intensive out client substance abuse treatment services and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments.
h. Community Clinics (PDF) - Approve a contract employee agreement with Mitchel Ruffman, D.D.S., from November 17, 2006 through November 16, 2007, for a total contract amount of $181,214, to provide dental services.
i. Community Health (PDF) - Approve the Emergency Medical Services Appropriation Standard Agreement for FY 2006/07 and authorize the Chairman to sign in order to initiate the release of Placer County’s allocation of $82,530 from the State Department of Health Services.
j. Community Health (PDF) - Approve a revenue agreement with Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region, dba Sutter Roseville Medical Center and Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, for Placer County to provide nursing services under the Family Support Project, from July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $19,400, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the contract and subsequent amendments.
12. LIBRARY (PDF) - Approve the 5:00 p.m. closure of Placer County Library branches on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 4
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
13. PERSONNEL (PDF) - Introduction of an ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, relating to a salary increase to new state minimum wage level for the Occupational Trainee classification.
14. PERSONNEL/CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION (PDF) - Introduction of an ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Allocation of Positions, relating to the reclassification of one Technology Solutions Analyst I/II position to Senior Technology Solutions Analyst in the Clerk Recorder-Registrar of Voter’s Department and reclassification of one Client Services Program Manager position to Assistant Client Services Program Director in the Health and Human Services Department.
15. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid #9618 (PDF) , Clinical & Forensic Laboratory Services/Health & Human Services – Award to Laboratory Corporation, in the maximum aggregate amount of $125,000.
b. Blanket Purchase Order #13584 (PDF) , Floor Covering Products & Services/Facility Services - Approve Change Order #1, with Contract Furnishings, in the amount of $63,000.
c. Blanket Purchase Order #13607 (PDF) , Asphalt Emulsion/Public Works – Approve Change Order #2 with Kent’s Oil Service, Inc., in the amount of $125,000.
16. PUBLIC WORKS/CONGESTION MITIGATION AND AIR QUALITY PROGRAM (PDF) – Approve the submittal of the Placer County request for Congestive Mitigation and Air Quality funding to Placer County Transportation Planning Agency for improved regional air quality.
17. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approve appropriation, in the amount of $500 (PDF) , in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Chamber of Commerce for the annual Leadership Auburn Training Program, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Approve appropriation, in the amount of $250 (PDF) , in Revenue Sharing monies to the Crime Victims United Charitable Foundation’s 16th Annual Classic Cup Golf Tournament, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
c. Approve appropriation, in the amount of $400 (PDF) , in Revenue Sharing monies to the City of Roseville for the Annual Roseville Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration, as requested by Supervisor Santucci and Supervisor Gaines ($200 each).
d. Approve appropriation, in the amount of $1,750 (PDF) , in Revenue Sharing monies to the Newcastle Area Business Association for the 13th Annual Mountain Mandarin Festival, as requested by Supervisor Santucci ($250), Supervisor Weygandt ($250), Supervisor Holmes ($1,000) and Supervisor Gaines ($250).
e. Approve appropriation, in the amount of $400 (PDF) , in Revenue Sharing monies to Placer County Ducks Unlimited for the 31st Anniversary Banquet fund raising event, as requested by Supervisor Santucci, Supervisor Weygandt, Supervisor Holmes and Supervisor Gaines ($100 each).
a. Introduction of an ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010 (PDF) , Allocations and Compensation, Section 3.12.030, Schedule of Classifications, Salary Plan and Grade Unclassified Service, and Section 3.12.040, Salaries-Placer County Sheriff’s Ordinance Initiative, to reflect the addition of the Assistant Sheriff position.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 5
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
b. Accept a vehicle donation (PDF) , in the estimated amount of $50,000, from Search and Rescue, a non-profit organization, to be used in Placer County Search and Rescue operations and add the Master Fixed Asset List.
19. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR:
a. Approve the temporary borrowing of Treasury funds for FY 2006/07 (PDF) , in the estimated amount of $250,000, by the Auburn Area Recreation and Park District.
b. Approve the temporary borrowing of Treasury funds for FY 2006/07 (PDF) , in the estimated amount of $48,000, by the Newcastle Fire Protection District.
***End of Consent Agenda***
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED BEFORE NOON, AS TIME ALLOWS
20. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/PERSONNEL (PDF) – This item will also be considered at the November 20, 2006 Board Meeting.
a. Introduction of an ordinance adopting the Memorandums of Understanding with the Placer Public Employee Organization Professional and General Units (PDF) regarding salaries, benefits and rule changes for the period July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2010.
b. Introduction of an ordinance adjusting the salary, compensation, and benefits of management and confidential employees (PDF) and adopt a resolution confirming Board policy for existing coverage groups.
c. Introduction of an ordinance adjusting the salary, compensation and benefits of elected department heads (PDF) .
21. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/OTHER POST EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS (PDF) - Resolution adopting the policy.
22. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/CAPITAL FACILITIES IMPACT FEE (PDF) - Resolution accepting the FY 2005/06 annual report and findings.
23. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/REDEVELOPMENT:
a. Community Development Block Grant and HOME Program (PDF) - Resolution authorizing an increase in down payment assistance and housing rehabilitation maximum loan amounts to $125,000, in the program guidelines.
b. Housing Trust Funds (PDF) - Resolution authorizing an affordable housing covenant and regulatory agreement allocating $200,000 in County housing trust funds to PEACE For Families and authorizing the Chief Assistant CEO–Redevelopment Director or Designee to execute all agreements subject to County Counsel approval.
c. Siphon Relief Project (PDF) - Resolution with findings for the allocation of $2,000,000 for the North Auburn Redevelopment Project Area Siphon Relief Project, subject to review by County Counsel.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 6
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
CONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
24. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD/SIPHON RELIEF PROJECT (PDF) - Adopt a resolution with specific findings approving the expenditure of $2,000,000 for the North Auburn Redevelopment Project Area Siphon Relief Project and authorize the Chief Assistant CEO–Redevelopment Director, or designee, to execute the documents subject to Agency Counsel approval.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
AND RECONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
25. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Agreement (PDF) - Approve agreement with MHM Engineering, in an amount not to exceed $249,222, to provide aerial mapping services associated with the Regional Wastewater Project; and approve a budget revision appropriating funds.
b. Agreement (PDF) - Approve agreement with MHM Engineering, in an amount not to exceed $249,925, to provide surveying services associated with the Regional Wastewater Project.
c. County Service Area 28, Zone 6 (Sheridan) (PDF) - Resolution increasing the Sheridan Wastewater Pond Construction Project budget from $800,000 to $905,000, authorize a loan in the amount of $135,000 from the County Service Area Revolving Fund to CSA 28, Zone 6; and approve budget revision appropriating the loan proceeds in FY 2006/07.
d. Lease Agreement (PDF) - Approve lease agreement with 49 Fitness, Inc., dba Courthouse Athletic Club, for the facility located in the Placer County Government Center, 11558 F Avenue, Auburn.
26. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Adult System of Care (PDF) - Approve the FY 2006/07 Performance Agreement with the State Department of Mental Health, which delineates State requirements for mental health services, authorize the County to claim the allocated funds and authorize the Chairman to sign.
b. Children’s System of Care (PDF) - Approve the contract with United Advocates for Children of CA. (UACC) from July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007, providing State Department of Mental Health (DMH) pass-through funding to provide Statewide public policy and parent-to-parent education and support, in the amount of $160,000, and approve an amendment to Contract #012199 with UACC, adding Parent Involvement Program (PIP) services to provide parent support and advocacy services to parents participating in the Children’s System of Care from July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $163,155, for a revised total contract amount of $992,701, and authorize the Health and Human Services Director to sign the DMH agreement, the PIP amendment and subsequent amendments.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 7
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
27. PUBLIC WORKS/WILLOW CREEK DRIVE EXTENSION PROJECT, CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT #73265 (PDF) – Resolution to award contract to the lowest bidder, in an amount not to exceed $2,200,000, for the project; authorize the Chairman execute the construction contract and authorize the Public Works Director to execute contract change orders up to 10% of the contract amount, with approval of County Counsel on required bonds and insurance.
28. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION (PDF) :
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. For Item Number B (a) the Placer County Board of Supervisors will meet as the Placer County Redevelopment Agency. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Judi Jackson vs. County of Placer, et al., U.S.D.C. Eastern District Case No.: CIV.S. 05-79 FCD KJM.
(b) Kirsten Fisher vs. Placer County, et al., U.S.D.C. Eastern District Case No.: CV 00771 FCD DAD.
(c) County of Placer v. Nacht & Lewis Architects, Inc., Placer Superior Court Case No. SCV-17993.
(B) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
(a) Property: Commercial Building, 10 West Church Street, Colfax, CA: APN 006-091-006.
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Jeffery and Karen Williams, husband and wife as joint tenants.
Negotiation: Terms of payment and conditions of the purchase and sale.
(C) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
(a) Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND CONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
(D) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
(a) Authority negotiator: Executive Director, Employee organization: United Domestic Workers of America.
ADJOURN AS THE IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY AND
CONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN:
29. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS/ COMMEMORATIVE COIN AWARDS (PDF) - Approve the recipients of the Commemorative Coin awards for 2006. The recipients were personally chosen by the Supervisor for their district in recognition for either their acts of heroism, longstanding community service, or exceptional acts that have dramatically improved or impacted people’s lives.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 8
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
30. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/COMMUNITY GRANTS & LOANS (PDF) – Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution transferring $60,000 of Community Development Block Grant Program Income to the Housing Rehabilitation Revolving Loan Account from the Business Assistance Revolving Loan Account.
31. COUNTY CLERK/ELECTIONS (PDF) – Information only regarding operation and deployment of Help America Vote Act (HAVA) compliant and accessible touch screen voting machines for November 7, 2006 General Election.
32. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/ISSUANCE & SALE OF TAX-EXEMPT BONDS (PDF) :
a. Eskaton Properties, Granite Bay - Public hearing to discuss the proposed issuance of tax-exempt revenue bonds by the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) Finance Authority for Nonprofit Corporations (Authority) to finance or refinance the acquisition of an existing senior residential and care facility in Granite Bay by Eskaton Properties, Incorporated, and adoption of a resolution that authorizes the Authority’s issuance of the bonds for the Granite Bay facility.
b. Eskaton Properties, Roseville - Public hearing to discuss the proposed issuance of tax-exempt revenue bonds by the Authority to finance the construction of a new residential and care facility in Roseville by Eskaton and adoption of a resolution that authorizes the Authority’s issuance of the bonds for the Roseville facility.
33. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/LAND DEVELOPMENT PROCESSING, INSPECTION AND REVIEW FEES (PDF) - Public hearing to consider adoption of: 1) an ordinance amending sections of County Code Articles 2.18, 16.08, 16.16 and 16.20 increasing Engineering and Surveying fees and taking other related actions; 2) an ordinance adding County Code Section 17.58.015 regarding Mandatory Predevelopment Meetings on certain Planning applications; and, 3) a resolution approving fee increases and confirming other fees associated with Planning applications.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
34. Treasurer’s Statement for the month of September 2006 (PDF) .
ADJOURNMENT – Adjourned to the November 20, 2006 Board Meeting.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2006 MEETING SCHEDULE:
November 20, 2006 (Monday)
December 05, 2006
December 19, 2006