Bill Santucci, District 1, Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Thomas Miller, County Executive Officer.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 22) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item will be moved from the Agenda for discussion.
1. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. Community Development Resource Agency/Administration (PDF) – Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 1, allocating 14 additional positions in the Community Development Resource Agency (CDRA), 1 additional allocation in the County Executive Office, transfer 2 allocations from Facility Services/Special Districts and 1 allocation from the Public Works Department to CDRA.
b. Personnel/Civil Service Commission (PDF)– Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Allocation of Positions to Departments, and Section 3.12.020, Schedule of Classification and Salary Grades Classified Service, relating to departments of Community Development Resource Agency and Health & Human Services, as provided in the side letter of agreement with the Placer Public Employee Organization.
2. WARRANTS – Weeks ending April 7, 14, 21 and 28, 2006.
3. AGRICULTURE COMMISSIONER:
a. Resolution authorizing the Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer (PDF) to sign State Contract #06-0033 for FY 2006/07 Petroleum Product Inspections and Weighmaster Enforcement Programs reimbursed by the State.
b. Approve contract with Nancyjo Rieske (PDF) as a Contract Employee providing services as Agricultural Marketing Director from May 15, 2006 to June 30, 2007, in the amount of $69,230.76, and benefits of $35,928, for a total of $105,158.76.
4. ASSESSOR (PDF) – Approve budget revision transferring $6,901 in existing funds; approve the purchase of one folding machine ($12,732) with maintenance contract ($1,104) and training ($165); add the folding machine to the Master Fixed Asset List; and delete one scanner ($7,100) from the FY 2005/06 Master Fixed Asset List.
5. AUDITOR/CONTROLLER (PDF) – Resolution granting discharge from accountability for collection of one uncollectible Public Work’s account, totaling $10,230.
6. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY (PDF) - County Counsel recommends rejection of the following claims:
a. 06-005, Murphy Family Trust, Not Stated (Property Damage).
b. 06-041, Brekke, Robert, $1,500,000 (Property Damage).
c. 06-042, Brekke, Terie, $1,500,000 (Property Damage).
7. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY (PDF) - County Counsel recommends rejection of the timely portion of the following claim:
a. 06-016, Porter, Susan, $2,500,000 (Harassment).
8. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Kings Beach Area Design Review Committee (PDF)- Approve appointment of Chris Oberle to Seat 3 and Andrew T. Ryan to Seat 4, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY:
a. Engineering & Surveying/Cherokee Estates Subdivision (PDF) - Approve the Final Map, Subdivision Improvement Agreement and authorize the recording.
b. Engineering & Surveying/Vista Cielo Subdivision, Tract #915 (PDF) - Approve the Final Map, Subdivision Improvement Agreement and authorize the recording.
c. Planning/Sierra Nevada-Cascade Conservation Grant Program (PDF) - Resolution approving the application for grant funds for the State Sierra Nevada-Cascade Conservation Grant Program under the Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal and Beach Protection Act of 2002 (Proposition 50) to secure an easement for the Kirk Ranch and authorize staff to apply for grant funds available through the Program to conclude the sale of a conservation easement for the 290-acre Kirk Ranch along the Bear River.
10. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Approve a merit increase for James Durfee, Director of Facility Services (PDF) , from Step 3 to Step 4, retroactive to April 29, 2006.
b. Approve a merit increase for Pamela McManis, Director of Child Support Services (PDF) , from Step 3 to Step 4, retroactive to April 01, 2006.
11. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES:
a. Declaration of Local Emergency (PDF) – Resolution terminating the declaration made by the Board on April 18, 2006.
b. Loomis Fire Protection District Capital Improvement Plan & Fee Nexus Study/2006/07 (PDF) – Resolution approving the Plan and Study reflecting a 4.63% increase in development fees.
12. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Loomis Sheriff Parking Lot (PDF) - Authorize Facility Services to complete an amendment to the Lease Agreement with Helen L. Stiles for a parking lot in Loomis, and authorize the Facility Services Director to execute the amendment following review and approval by County Counsel.
b. Placer County Water Agency & SunCal Property (PDF) - It is recommended that your Board take the following actions associated with County owned real property at the antenna site in Penryn, to transfer property between the County of Placer and the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA), and to affect the sale of surplus County property to SunCal Bickford Ranch LLC (SunCal):
1. By 4/5ths vote, delegate authority to the Facility Services Director to execute the agreement for transfer of real property between the County and PCWA based upon the Material Terms for the exchange of approximately 1.81 acres of County property within a portion of APN 031-190-012 for approximately 1.78 acres of PCWA property within a portion of APN 031-190-011;
2. Authorize the Facility Services Director to execute the Agreement of Purchase and Sale between the County and SunCal based upon the Material Terms for the sale of approximately 1.86 acres of surplus County property within a portion of APN 031-190-012 for $5,285;
3. Adopt resolutions (2) authorizing the Facility Services Director, or his designee, to execute all documents and take all actions necessary to complete both the PCWA and SunCal transactions, and record the deeds for said property; and
4. Add property received from PCWA to the Master Fixed Asset List.
c. Ronald L. Feist Park Project (PDF) - Ratify the purchase of concrete for the project and approve payment to the Kiwanis Club of Granite Bay, in the amount of $5,000.
d. Senate Bill 928 (Perata) (PDF) - Authorize the Chairman to sign a letter opposing Senate Bill 928 that proposes to raise the State mandated solid waste diversion rate to an “unspecified amount.”
13. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES:
a. Approve agreement with Marin County (PDF) , from July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $10,018, for their services as the host entity for the MAA/TCM Local Government Agency Consortium, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the agreement and amendments.
b. Resolution authorizing the Health & Human Services Director, with concurrence of County Executive Office, County Counsel and Risk Management (PDF), to sign and execute the a list of thirty-seven specific contractual agreements and subsequent amendments, providing the expenditure agreements remain with 10% of the prior period’s amount. The estimated total funding received for the 13 revenue agreements, based on current year funding levels, is $528,888. The current value of the listed 24 expenditure agreements is $1,097,722. The County General Fund contribution for the expenditure agreements will be approximately $33,000.
c. Approve the purchase of a Dell Network (PDF) Attached Storage, backup devices and associated software, in the amount of $79,323; approve a budget revision to the Health and Human Services Administration Budget, for a total of $79,323; add the hardware to the Master Fixed Asset List, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all related procurement documents.
14. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/CHILDREN’S SYSTEM OF CARE (PDF) - Approve agreement with Kings Beach Family Resource Center, from July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $60,000, for Differential Response Early Intervention Services through the Child Welfare System Improvement Plan.
15. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/COMMUNITY HEALTH:
a. Approve the purchase of computer software by the Public Health Laboratory from M/MGMT Systems, Inc., and computer hardware from the Dell Corp. (PDF), for a total system cost of $62,000; approve the addition of software and hardware to the Master Fixed Asset List, in the amount of $62,000; and approve a budget revision to appropriately budget these funds, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the necessary purchasing documents.
b. Approve Revenue Agreement #7275-06/07-706 (PDF) , from March 1, 2006 through February 28, 2007, with the County of Sacramento, the fiscal agent for Titles I/II of the Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act, in the amount of $66,903, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the contract and amendments.
c. Approve submission of a Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Grant Application (PDF) to Area 4 Agency on Aging and, if granted funding, authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the contract and amendments.
d. Approve revenue agreement with Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region (PDF) , dba Sutter Roseville Medical Center and Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, from July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2006, in the amount of $19,400, to provide nursing services under the Family Support Project.
16. PERSONNEL (PDF) - Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 1, relating to reclassification of one position from Administrative Technician to Information Technology Technician I/II, for the Health and Human Services Department.
a. Juvenile Accountability Incentive Block Grant Award Agreement (PDF) - Resolution authorizing the Chief Probation Officer to sign and approve the Agreement with the California Corrections Standard Authority and to enter into contractual obligations to execute award of the agreement. The Grant became available several years ago through the California Corrections Standard Authority providing funding ($11,881) for programs as funded under this grant.
b. Placer County Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council (PDF) - Resolution appointing the Chief Probation Officer as the Chairman of the Council and authorizing said Chief Probation Officer to submit and/or sign Placer County’s Application for Approval for the County’s Comprehensive Multiagency Juvenile Justice Plan Modification and related contracts, amendments, or extensions with the State of California.
c. Fouts Springs Youth Facility (PDF) - Approve contract with Solano County for the placement of juvenile wards at the Youth Facility. It is the intent of the Department to continue an annual contractual relationship with Solano County that permits Placer County to use the Youth Facility on a space available basis, at a rate of $3,600 per bed per month. The signing of the contact does not obligate Placer County to place minors with Solano County.
18 PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested bids under $100,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Agreement, Building Materials/Facility Services (PDF) - Renew with Diamond Pacific, in the maximum amount of $80,000.
b. Bid #9550, Elections Drayage Services/Elections (PDF) - Award to Valley Relocation and Storage, in the maximum amount of $65,000.
c. Bid #9557, Convection Ovens & Racks/Probation (PDF) – Award to Cooks Correctional Equipment, in the amount of $53,794.91.
d. Bid #9563, Hewlett Packard Printers/Health & Human Services (PDF) - Award to Gov Connection, Inc., in the amount of $67,243.56.
e. Change Order, Credit Card Fuel Purchases/Public Works (PDF) – Approve Change Order #1 to Blanket Purchase Order #12926 with Voyager Fleet Services, in the amount of $68,000.
f. Change Order, Telecommunications Equipment/Telecommunications (PDF) - Approve Change Order #1 to Blanket Purchase Order #13016 with Graybar Electric, in the amount of $50,000.
g. Purchase Order, Plumbing Supplies/Facility Services (PDF) - Renew blanket purchase order, with Anderson’s Sierra Pipe, in the maximum amount of $59,000.
19. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Lake Tahoe Park Erosion Control Project #73215 (PDF) - Resolution authorizing the Chairman to sign Amendment #1 with Kleinfelder, Inc., in the amount of $40,000, for extra construction inspection due to extreme weather.
b. Land Development Manual (PDF) - Resolution amending Section 4.07, Roadbed Design, to include reference to the use of alternative construction materials.
c. Maintained Mileage Records (PDF) - Resolution certifying the records for submittal to the Department of Transportation.
d. Tahoe Estates Erosion Control Project (PDF) – Resolution approving submission of application for grant funds from the Sierra Nevada Cascade Conservation Grant Program under the Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal and Beach Protection Act of 2002 (Proposition 50). The total amount of the grant acquisition request is $1,770,000.
20. REVENUE SHARING:
a. Approve appropriation of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Chamber of Commerce (PDF) , Auburn State of the Community Dinner, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Approve appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Volunteer Center (PDF) for the 5th Annual Tour de Lincoln fundraising event, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
c. Approve appropriation of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer Lady Hillmen Booster Club (PDF) , as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
d. Approve appropriation of $2,750 in Revenue Sharing monies to Placer Land Trust Conservator Award Dinner (PDF) , as requested by Supervisor Santucci ($250), Supervisor Weygandt ($1,000), Supervisor Holmes ($1,000) and Supervisor Gaines ($500).
e. Approve appropriation of $1,500 in Revenue Sharing monies to Placer County Sheriff, Search & Rescue Organization (PDF) , as requested by Supervisor Santucci ($250), Supervisor Weygandt ($250), Supervisor Holmes ($500) and Supervisor Gaines ($500).
f. Approve appropriation of $150 in Revenue Sharing monies to Roseville High School (PDF) , 2006 Sober Grad Night, as requested by Supervisor Santucci.
21. SHERIFF (PDF) - Modify the Master Fixed Assets List and approve a budget revision to purchase two snowmobiles for the Search & Rescue operations, in the amount of $17,000 and authorize the Sheriff to execute any documents required to purchase the equipment.
22. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR (PDF) - Authorize the Chairman to sign an acknowledgement that the Board will not take action to authorize Sierra Joint Community College District 2006 Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes.
***End of Consent Agenda***
23. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT – Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid #9549, Safety Supplies/Emergency Services (PDF) – Award to Empire Safety and Supply, in the maximum amount of $230,000.
b. Bid #9560, Asphalt Concrete/Public Works (PDF) – Award to various vendors, in the aggregate amount of $907,000.
c. Bid #9564 & 9565, Aggregate Materials/Public Works (PDF) – Award to various vendors for aggregate materials and hauling, in the total amount of $724,000.
d. Change Order, Bulk Unleaded & Diesel Fuel/Public Works (PDF) - Approve Change Order #1 to Blanket Purchase Order #12922, with Hunt and Sons, in the amount of $300,000.
e. Purchase Order, Traffic Paint/Public Works (PDF) – Approve blanket purchase order with James David Lawrence, in the maximum amount of $100,000.
f. Purchase Orders, Various Furnishings/Facility Services (PDF) - Award to Keller Group, in the total amount of $160,518.88, for the Community Development Resource Center.
24. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Auburn Justice Center, Project #4674 (PDF) - Approve Amendment #2 to the agreement with Beverly Prior Architects, increasing the contract by $200,000, for a total contract cost not-to-exceed $2,268,500, for architectural and engineering services.
b. County Service Area #28, Zone #6 (Sheridan) (PDF) - Resolution authorizing a loan, in the amount of $220,000, from the County Service Area (CSA) Revolving Fund to CSA #28, Zone #6 and approve a budget revision appropriating the loan proceeds in FY 05/06.
c. County Service Area 28, Zone #24 (Applegate) (PDF) - Resolution authorizing a loan, in the amount of $250,000, from the County Service Area (CSA) Revolving Fund to CSA #28, Zone #24 and approve a budget revision appropriating the loan proceeds to CSA Zone #24 as follows: FY 05/06, $125,000 and FY 06/07, $125,000.
d. Granite Bay Parks, Trails & Open Space Assessment District (PDF) – Annual Resolution of Intention to levy assessments for FY2006/07, approving the preliminary Engineer’s Report and setting the time, date and location for a public hearing for the Assessment District.
e. South Placer Sheriff Substation (Loomis) (PDF) - Authorize Facility Services Director to complete negotiations for an amendment to the lease agreement with Richard and Michelle Ruff for the Sheriff’s Substation, located at 6140 Horseshoe Bar Road, Loomis; authorize the Facility Services Director to execute the agreement amendment, following its approval by County Counsel; and approve a Budget Revision to transfer funds for this project from within the Sheriff’s Department budget. The total project cost is estimated at approximately $489,000.
25. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/ADULT SYSTEM OF CARE (PDF) - Approve contract with Richard Malek, M.D., from May 15, 2006 through May 14, 2007, in the amount of $197,375, for a total compensation of $300,332, for psychiatric services.
26. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Emergency Expenditure Ratification (PDF) – Resolution ratifying emergency expenditures associated with landslides and other weather related events that have damaged and/or closed Ophir Road and Foresthill Road.
b. Gladding Road & Lozanos Road Bridge Replacement Project, Contract #73232 (PDF) - Resolution authorizing Chairman to execute Contract Amendment #1 to agreement with Harris and Associates, in the amount of $142,275, increasing the total contract amount to $369,710, for construction management, inspection and materials testing services, and authorize the Public Works Director to approve and sign contract amendments, in an amount not to exceed $55,000.
c. Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project (PDF) – Resolution authorizing the Chairman to sign Amendment #4 to Contract #73146, with MACTEC Engineering & Consulting, Inc., in the amount of $277,872; and authorize the Public Works Director to approve and sign future amendments up to $28,000.
27. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR (PDF) - Consider the following actions in connection with refunding of the 1997 Certificates of Participation (COP), Administration and Emergency Services Building:
1. Approve a resolution (PDF) approving Forms of Property Lease, Lease Agreement, Trust Agreement, Assignment Agreement, Notice of Sale and Continuing Disclosure Certificate; authorizing modifications to each of the foregoing and execution and delivery thereof as modified; approving form and distribution of preliminary official statement and preparation, execution and distribution of final official statement to be derived from the preliminary official statement and preparation; authorizing execution and delivery to initial purchaser of Certificates of Participation (2006 Administrative and Emergency Services Building Refinancing Project); and authorizing and directing County Officers to take all necessary actions to implement the Refinancing Project.
2. Approve a resolution (PDF) authorizing the Chairman to execute and deliver the Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement for the Placer County Public Financing Authority.
3. Authorize the County Executive Officer to execute a contract with Capitol Public Finance Group, LLC (PDF) , in an amount not to exceed $49,500.00 for financial advisory services related to the refunding of the 1997 COP.
4. Authorize the County Executive Officer to execute a contract with Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe, LLP (PDF) , in an amount not to exceed $60,000, for bond counsel services related to the refunding of the 1997 COP.
5. Authorize the County Executive Officer to execute a contract with Quint and Thimmig, LLP (PDF) , in an amount not to exceed $25,000, for disclosure counsel services related to the refunding of the 1997 COP.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
CONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
28. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR (PDF) - Approval of Joint Powers Agreement by the Redevelopment Agency Board to form the Placer County Public Financing Authority and adopt a resolution authorizing execution and delivery of the Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD AND
CONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY PUBLIC FINANCE AUTHORITY
1. Resolution adopting By-Laws of the Public Finance Authority, confirming the officers, establishing the time and place of regular meetings and making certain findings and directing certain actions to be taken regarding a conflict of interest code and retaining counsel for the Authority.
2. Resolution approving forms of Property Lease, Lease Agreement, Trust Agreement and Assignment Agreement and authorizing modifications to the foregoing and execution and delivery thereof as modified; approving execution and delivery of Certificates of Participation (2006 Administrative and Emergency Services Building Refinancing Project); and authorizing and directing Public Finance Authority officers to take all necessary actions to implement the Refinancing Project.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY PUBLIC FINANCE AUTHORITY AND
RECONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. For Item Numbers B (1) and (2) the Placer County Board of Supervisors will meet as the Placer County Redevelopment Agency. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Sierra Watch; League to Save Lake Tahoe; Mountain Area Preservation Foundation vs. Placer County, et al. (Martis Valley), Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-16652.
(b) Deborah Doerfler-Casner vs. County of Placer, U.S.D.C. Eastern District Case No.: CIV.S-03-1864 WBS KJM.
(B) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
(1) Property: APN Nos.: 094-090-041, 094-090-040 and 094-090-018.
Negotiating Parties: Placer County Redevelopment Agency and Douglas and Kathleen Dale, Raymond E. O’Neal and Michael and Stephanie Schwartz.
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment and conditions of acquisition.
(2) Property: APN No.: 090-182-024
Negotiating Parties: Placer County Redevelopment Agency and Tami Noyd.
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment and conditions of acquisition.
(C) §54957 - PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT
Title: Veteran Services Officer
(D) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
31. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS (PDF) – Presentation of a commendation to Phillip Barquero of Roseville, Boy Scout Troop 331, for his acts of heroism that saved the life of a fellow Boy Scout.
32. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/REDEVELOPMENT (PDF) – Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to conduct the hearing under the Tax Equity and Financial Responsibility Act for the Northstar Community Housing Corporation’s request for tax exempt bonds to finance the Sawmill Heights Employee Housing Development, located in the Northstar Area of Placer County.
33. PUBLIC WORKS/TRAFFIC MITIGATION FEES ANNUAL ADJUSTMENT (PDF) - Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution increasing the Countywide Traffic Mitigation Fees to reflect changes in construction costs since April 2005.
34. PUBLIC WORKS/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES AGENCY/COUNTY SERVICE AREA #28, ZONE #187 (NORTHSTAR AT TAHOE/RETREAT SUBDIVISION):
a. Public Works (PDF) – Public hearing to consider all protests, tabulate ballots, and adopt a resolution creating Zone of Benefit #187 and setting charges to provide road rehabilitation, storm drain maintenance and snow removal services for the Northstar at Tahoe Retreat Subdivision.
b. Community Development Resource Agency/Engineering & Surveying (PDF) – Approve the Final Map, Subdivision Improvement Agreement and authorize the recording.
35. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/REZONE/CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT "FLOWER FARM INN" (PREAT20040723) MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION (PDF) – Public hearing to consider a request from A.R. Associates, on behalf of John and Ann Bowler, for a Rezone from RA-B-43 and RA-B-100 (Residential-Agricultural, Combining Building Site of 2.3 acres and Residential-Agricultural, Combining Building Site of 1-acre) to F-B-43 (Farm, minimum 1-acre) and F-B-100 (Farm, minimum 2.3 acres) to allow for the expansion of an existing bed-and-breakfast facility and a retail nursery. The 10.2-acre project (APN: 036-083-011) is located at 4150 Auburn-Folsom Road, on the southwest corner of Auburn Folsom Road and Horseshoe Bar Road, in the Loomis area. The Board will consider adoption of a Mitigated Negative Declaration.
36. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/ZONING TEXT AMENDMENTS (PZTA 2005 0609) Revision of Density Bonus Provisions/Permitting of Kennels & Banks in New Zone Districts/NEGATIVE DECLARATION (PDF) – Public hearing to consider the approval of changes to Chapter 17 of the County Code (Zoning Ordinance): (1) to conform the provisions of Section 17.54.120 (Residential Density Bonuses and Incentives) to be consistent with changes in State law; and (2) to allow two uses (kennels and animal boarding and banks and financial services) with a Minor Use Permit in certain Commercial and Industrial Zones. The Board will consider adoption of a Negative Declaration for the project.
37. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR/2006 TOBACCO SECURITIZATION (PDF) – Public hearing, pursuant to Government Code Section 6586.6, to determine if the use of joint powers authority (the California County Tobacco Securitization Agency) bond proceeds to finance public capital improvements provides significant benefits to the citizens of the County.
Close the public hearing and adopt a resolution to:
a. Resolution to approve and authorize the amendment and restatement of the Sale Agreement entered into as of June 1, 2002, between the County and the Gold Country Settlement Funding Corporation, and authorizing the execution of the Amended and Restated Sale Agreement,
b. Authorize the County Treasurer to invest the sale proceeds in a manner consistent with the bond documents,
c. Approve professional services contracts with Sidley Austin, LLP as bond and disclosure counsel to the County and the California County Tobacco Securitization Agency, and with Capitol Public Finance Group, LLC for financial advisory services to the County in connection with the securitization transactions, and to appointment Lehman Brothers as lead managing underwriter for the Series 2006 Bonds,
d. Authorize and direct the Clerk of the Board to attest the signatories of the Amended and Restated Sale Agreement and other related documents as necessary, Authorize and direct, the Authorized County Officers to do any and all things to execute and deliver any and all documents which they may deem necessary or advisable in order to consummate, carry out, give effect to and comply with the terms and intent of the resolution and the consummation of the securitization transactions including, but not limited to, the execution of contracts with bond rating agencies, econometric and consulting firms and the execution of any certifications which are consistent, upon the advice of County Counsel and bond counsel, with the requirements of the Amended and Restated Sale Agreement, the Amended and Restated Loan Agreement, the Amended and Restated Indenture and the Contract of Purchase. Ratify, confirm and approve any actions taken by such officers in furtherance of any of the transactions authorized in the resolution, which have been taken to date.
38. LUNCH - With the Roseville Rotary Club at the Sierra View Country Club, 105 Alta Vista Avenue, Roseville.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
39. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR (PDF) - Treasurer’s statement for the month of March 2006.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2006 MEETING SCHEDULE:
May 23, 2006
June 13, 2006
June 27, 2006
July 11, 2006
July 24, 2006 (Tahoe)
July 25, 2006 (Tahoe)