COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, JUNE 13, 2006
Bill Santucci, District 1, Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Anthony La Bouff, County Counsel.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 19) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item will be moved from the Agenda for discussion. The Board will adjourn as the Board of Supervisors and convene as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Item #16.
1. AUDITOR (PDF) – Resolution to approve the opening of a new outside checking account for the Placer County Sheriff’s Inmate Custodial Trust.
2. WARRANTS – Weeks ending May 5, 12, 19, 26 and June 2, 2006.
3. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution congratulating Sergeant Robert McDonald (PDF) , Sheriff Department, upon his retirement of over 25 years of service.
b. Resolution congratulating Richard (Rick) A. Saletta (PDF) , Program Chief, Health & Human Services upon his retirement of 24 years of service.
c. Authorize the Chairman to execute a letter to Senator Gloria Romero (PDF) supporting Senate Bill 1350, which would appropriate State General Fund dollars to the Trauma Care Fund.
d. Approve the Minutes of May 9 and May 23, 2006 (PDF) .
4. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY (PDF) - County Counsel recommends rejection of the following claims:
a. 06-045, Hatch, Jeff, $10,000 + (Personal Injury).
b. 06-050, King, Danielle, Not Stated (Bodily Injury).
c. 06-056, Jeffrey, Michael, $695.02 (Property Damage).
5. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. County Service Area #28, Zone #193 (PDF) (North Auburn/Ophir Fire) - Approve appointment of Beau Perry to Seat 1 (District 3), Wayne Nader to Seat 2 (District 3), Robert L. Perrine to Seat 3 (District 3), David Lake to Seat 4 (District 5) and Sharon Watson-Hamilton to Seat 5 (District 5), as requested by Supervisor Holmes and Supervisor Kranz.
b. First 5 Placer County Children & Families Commission (PDF) - Approve appointment of Dayle Filibeck-Edgerton to Seat 5, (Medical & Pediatrics) and Melanie M. Cleary to Seat 6 (Community Organizations).
c. Gold Run Cemetery Committee (PDF) - Approve appointment of Allen “Al” Baker to Seat 1, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
d. Historical Advisory Board (PDF) – Confirm appointment of Donna Coffman to Seat 6 (Historical Organizations Committee).
e. Kings Beach Area Design Review Committee (PDF) - Approve reappointment of Julie Wainscoat to Seat 2, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
f. Placer County Cemetery District #1 (Lincoln) (PDF) – Approve reappointments of Fredric P. Gibbs to Seat 2, Gerald E. Logan to Seat 3 and Roberta Babcock to Seat 5, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
g. Veterans Advisory Council (PDF) – Approve appointment of Loren Barton as Service Officer for South Placer Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 904.
6. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/BUILDING:
a. Ratify payment for drafting tables (PDF) , in the amount of $4,753.32, with California Surveying and Drafting.
b. Approve payment, in the amount of $17,573.13 (PDF) , for technical emergency services rendered in association of the sink hole located at 809 Sawmill Road, Alta.
7. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/ENGINEERING & SURVEYING (PDF) – Resolution to increase plan check and inspection fees, as listed in the Standard Unit Cost Spreadsheet, by 3.7% based on the Construction Cost Index, as published in the Engineering News Record.
8. COUNTY EXECUTIVE (PDF) - Approve merit increase for Melanie Barton, Museum Administrator, from Step 3 to Step 4, retroactive to April 29, 2006.
9. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Newcastle Elementary School (PDF) - Approve the use of Park Dedication Fees, from Recreation Area #15 (Ophir/Newcastle) in the amount of $50,000, to renovate an athletic field and authorize the Chairman to execute the Use Agreement.
b. Ophir Elementary School (PDF) - Approve the use of Park Dedication Fees, from Recreation Area #15 (Ophir/Newcastle), in the amount of $65,000, to renovate the playground area and authorize the Chairman to execute the Use Agreement.
c. Sewer Maintenance District #3 (PDF) - Resolution of Intention setting the time and date to hold a public hearing to consider the annexation of property owned by John and Ann Bowler APN 036-083-011, into the boundaries. Subject property is located on Auburn Folsom Road in Loomis.
10. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Administration - Approve contracts, with Placer Women’s Center, Inc (PDF) ., DBA Peace for Families, for FY 2006/07, in the amount of $53,900, and Tahoe Women’s Services, in the amount of $23,100, for domestic violence counseling, shelter and support services, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the contracts and any subsequent amendments.
b Adult System of Care (PDF) - Resolution delegating authority to the Health & Human Services Director to approve the Placer County FY 2006/07 Plan for Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act of 2000 (Proposition 36), future plans and any amendments.
c. Animal Services (PDF) - Approve umbrella contract with various veterinary providers for FY 2006/07, in an amount not to exceed $30,000, for emergency veterinary providers and authorize Health & Human Services Department to amend the list of providers as necessary.
d. Children’s System of Care (PDF) - Approve the Declaration of Commitment to Permanence for older foster youth and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign and submit the declaration to the California Permanency for Youth Project.
e. Children’s System of Care - Approve agreement with Sierra Adoption Services (PDF) for FY 2006/07, in the amount of $60,000, to provide permanency planning services for children in foster care and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign.
f. Children’s System of Care - Resolution designating specific fire stations (PDF) within Placer County as newborn safe surrender sites.
11. LIBRARY – Approve the closure of the Rocklin Library (PDF) on Saturday, June 24, 2006, for the Rocklin Jubilee.
12. PERSONNEL - Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 3, Section 3.04.240 (PDF), relating to the Procedure to Secure Overtime Pay.
13. PERSONNEL/CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION (PDF) - Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 1, relating to the Tax Collections Officer and Senior Collection Agent positions within the Treasurer/Tax Collector Department.
14. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested bids under $100,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Blanket Purchase Order #09986 (PDF), High-Speed Copier Overage Costs/Central Services – Approve Change Order #1 with Ray Morgan Company, in the maximum amount of $16,500.
b. Blanket Purchase Order #13011 (PDF), Laser Imaging & Mailing Services/Child Support Services – Renew blanket purchase order with Print-N-Mail, in the not-to-exceed amount of $60,000.
c. Blanket Purchase Order #13238 (PDF), Professional Voice & Data Cabling Services/Telecommunications – Approve Change Order #2 with Sierra West Communications, in the amount of $70,000.
d. Maintenance Agreement, Cisco Brand Data Network Infrastructure Equipment (PDF) & Software – Renew with AT&T/SBC for annual maintenance, in the amount of $73,834.85.
e. Request for Proposal #9532 (PDF), Design Assistance & Related Services/Facility Services – Adopt a qualified list of architectural consulting firms for various projects in Placer County for a three-year period.
f. Request for Proposals #9494 & #9546 (PDF) /Maintenance for Peoplesoft Personnel Payroll System/Personnel - Cancel Request for Proposal #9494 and #9546 without an award.
15. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Abandonment - Resolution abandoning a portion of a Multi-Purpose Easement on Lot 347 (PDF), Alpine Meadows Estates Subdivision, Unit #10.
b. Quitclaim Deed - Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute a Quitclaim Deed (PDF) with Delbert Rapini, for property located on Rollins Lake Road, Colfax.
16. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD (PDF) - Approve a sole source contract with Economic Planning Systems, in an amount not to exceed $65,000, for property development advisory services in North Lake Tahoe and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the contact.
17. REVENUE SHARING:
a. Approve appropriation of $2,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the City of Rocklin (PDF) for the 2006 Rocklin Yellow Ribbon Jubilee, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($1,500) and Supervisor Holmes ($500).
b. Approve appropriation of $700 in Revenue Sharing monies to The ROCK (Church) of Roseville (PDF) for the Roseville City Awards Banquet, as requested by Supervisor Santucci ($200) and Supervisor Gaines ($500).
18. SHERIFF – Ratify the payment to S & G Enterprises (PDF), in an amount not-to-exceed $9,000, for materials and installation for the build-up of the new transportation van for the Sheriff’s Tahoe Operations.
19. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR:
a. Resolution granting discharge of accountability for unsecured taxes (PDF) for the assessment years 1996 through 2000.
b. Authorize the Chairman to sign the acknowledgment (PDF) that the Board will not take action to authorize Placer Union High School District 2006 Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes.
***End of Consent Agenda***
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED BEFORE NOON, AS TIME ALLOWS
20. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT – Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid 9576, Bulk Unleaded & Diesel Fuel/Public Works (PDF) – Award to Hunt & Sons, Inc., in the maximum amount of $1,530,000.
b. Blanket Purchase Order #12806 (PDF), Pharmaceutical Prime Vendor/Community Clinic – Renew with Cardinal Distribution, in the maximum amount of $375,000.
c. Blanket Purchase Order #12994 & 12995 (PDF), Diener & Morgue Services/Sheriff - Renew Blanket Purchase Order #12994, with Browning’s Placer Transport, in the maximum amount of $79,000, for diener services and Blanket Purchase Order #12995 for morgue transport services, in the maximum amount of $55,000.
d. Blanket Purchase Order #13043 (PDF), Pharmaceutical Products/Medical Clinic – Renew with R & S Northeast LLC, in the maximum amount of $200,000.
e. Blanket Purchase Order #13065 (PDF), Temporary Help Services/Health & Human Services – Approve Change Order #1 with Adecco USA, in the maximum amount of $160,000, and approve renewal of County-wide Blanket Purchase Order #13064 and Health & Human Services Blanket Purchase Order #13065, in the maximum aggregate amount of $1,300,000.
f. Blanket Purchase Order #13121 (PDF), Forensic Laboratory Services/District Attorney – Approve Change Order #1 with Valley Toxicology, in the maximum amount of $257,585.
g. Purchase Order, PAS Financial System Maintenance & Support (PDF)/Information Technology – Approve purchase order with Tier Technologies, in the amount of $108,082.
h. Request for Proposal #9575 (PDF), County-Wide Audit Services/Auditor – Award to Gilbert Associates, Inc., in the amount of $127,490.
21. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Annual Roofing Contract, Project #9122 (PDF)– Renew contract with Hester Roofing, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $105,000, and authorize the Facility Services Director to sign following, County Counsel’s review and approval of required bonds and insurance.
b. “B” Avenue Extension, Project #4777 (PDF)- Award the bid for the project located at the Placer County Government Center in Auburn, to Gabe Mendez, Inc., in the amount of $1,402,400 and, upon County Counsel’s review and approval of required bonds and insurance, authorize the Facility Services Director to execute a contract and any required change orders consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code; and approve budget revision transferring $2,300,000 from the Capital Projects Fund to the “B” Avenue Extension Project Account.
c. Didion Ranch Staging Area & Bridge, Project #4717B (PDF) – The Board is requested to take the following actions:
1. Award a bid, including Additive Alternate #1, to PBM Construction, Inc., in the amount of $988,542, and upon County Counsel’s review and approval of required bonds and insurance, authorize the Facility Services Director to execute a contract and any required change orders consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code; and
2. Approve a budget revision appropriating funding, in the amount of $432,474, for this project. 3. Approve staff’s recommendation to name the County owned property currently referred to as Spears Ranch and Didion Ranch, comprising 1,182 acres, “Hidden Falls Regional Park”.
d. Foresthill Leroy E. Botts Memorial Park Improvements (PDF)– The Board is requested to take the following actions:
1. Approve a budget revision appropriating Park Dedication Fees, in the amount of $396,775, for improvements to the park; and
2. Approve the plans and specifications for the construction of the Foresthill Park Restroom and Recreational Facilities Rehabilitation Project; and authorize staff to solicit bids; and
3. Authorize staff to solicit bids for the pre-cast concrete restroom building; and
4. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute a purchase order for the pre-cast restroom building in an amount not to exceed $110,000.
e. Option to Ground Lease (PDF)- Approve the Fourth Amendment to Option to Ground Lease with Home Depot, U.S.A.
f. Sewer Maintenance District #1 Wastewater Treatment Plant (PDF) - Approve agreement with Owen Engineering & Management Consultants, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $220,000, to prepare engineering studies and provide related National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permitting assistance for the treatment plant.
g. Sheridan Inflow & Infiltration Repairs, Phase II Project #04755 (PDF)– Approve plans and specifications, authorize staff to solicit bids for the project and adopt a resolution authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute the resulting construction contract, in an amount not-to-exceed $155,000, and authority to approve any required change orders.
22. FACILITY SERVICES/REGIONAL WASTEWATER PROJECT:
a. Agreement - Approve agreement with MHM-Sacramento, effective July 1, 2006 (PDF), in an amount not to exceed $150,320, for professional consulting services associated with the Newcastle Sanitary District’s involvement in the Regional Wastewater Project.
b. Agreement - Approve agreement with MHM Engineering of Roseville, effective July 1, 2006 (PDF), in an amount not to exceed $169,956, for professional consulting services associated with the Regional Wastewater Project.
23. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Administrative Services - Approve agreement with First 5 Placer–Children (PDF) and Families Commission for FY 2006/07, in the amount of $381,383, for professional services.
b. Adult System of Care – The Board is requested to take the following actions (PDF):
1. Approve contracts with Crestwood Behavioral Health, Merced Behavioral Health Center, North Valley Behavioral Health, Telecare Corporation and Willow Glen Care Center for Mental Health Services, totaling $4,630,462; and
2. Approve amendments to FY 2005/06 contract with Telecare Corporation, totaling $65,000, for Mental Health Services; and
3. Approve amendments to contracts with BHC Hospitals for Mental Health Services: Heritage Oaks, FY 2005/06, $75,000, Heritage Oaks, FY 2006/07, $95,200 and Sierra Vista, FY2005/07, $44,800.
c. Community Health - Approve agreement, with Placer County Office of Education (PDF) Community Challenge Grant, for FY 2005/06, in amount of $113,620, and any amendments during the term of the agreement.
d. Human Services - Approve contract with Placer County Office of Education, from July 1, 2006 (PDF) through June 30, 2007, in the amount of $1,900,000, for Childcare Services for CalWORKs/Welfare to Work operations.
24. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Asphalt Concrete Overlay, Summer 2006, Contract #73210 (PDF), Federal Aid Project Number STPL-5919(060) – Resolution awarding construction contract to Baldwin Contracting, in the amount of $757,726, and authorize the Public Works Director to approve contract change orders up to 10% of the total contract amount.
b. Barton Road Bridge at Miners Ravine Replacement Project, Contract #73028 (PDF) – Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute Contract Amendment #5 with MRO Engineers, Inc., increasing the total contract amount including all amendments to $366,789, for professional services for final design of the replacement bridge and roadway approaches, for final design and construction support for the Barton Road Bridge Replacement Project and authorize the Public Works Director to sign contract amendments up to $35,000.
c. Jackpine Street Public Parking Facility Project, Contract #73238 (PDF)– Resolution adopting a Mitigated Negative Declaration (PDSD T20051123) with the required findings in conformance with California Environment Qualifications Act; approve project plans and specifications and authorize Public Works Department to advertise for bids; adopt a resolution authorizing the Public Works Director to execute a construction contract with the lowest responsible bidder, not to exceed $1 million, and authorize the Public Works Director to approve and sign contract change orders up to 10% of the lowest responsible bidder’s approved contract amount.
d. Lake Forest Erosion Control Project, Area A, Dollar Point, Agreement #73243 (PDF) – Resolution authorizing the Chairman to sign a professional services agreement with Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc., in the amount of $295,730, and authorizing the Public Works Director to approve and sign future amendments up to $29,573.
e. Lozanos Road Bridge Replacement Project, Contract #73221 (PDF) – Resolution awarding construction contract to low bidder CC Myers, in the amount of $1,399,999; authorize the Chairman to execute the contract; and authorize the Public Works Director to execute contract change orders up to 15% of the contract amount.
f. Slurry Seal, Summer 2006, Contract #73239 (PDF)– Resolution awarding construction contract to Intermountain Slurry Seal, Inc., in the amount of $1,073,944.98 and authorize the Public Works Director to approve contract change orders up to 10% of the total contract amount.
g. Squaw Valley Road Bridge Rehabilitation, Contract #73241 (PDF)– Resolution awarding construction contract to low bidder Granite Construction Company, in the amount of $2,125,856, authorize the Chairman to execute the contract, and authorize the Public Works Director to execute contract change orders up to 15% of the contract amount.
h. Tahoe Pines Erosion Control Project, Contract #73246 (PDF)- Resolution authorizing the Chairman to sign and approve project plans and specifications; authorize the Public Works Department to advertise for construction bids; authorize Public Works Director to execute construction contract with lowest responsible bidder, in an amount not to exceed $1.3 million; and approve and sign contract change orders up to 10% of the contract amount.
i. Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) Summer Transit Services Contract (PDF) – Resolution authorizing the Public Works Director to negotiate and execute a contract with Airport Mini-Bus, in an amount not to exceed $112,000, to provide bus drivers for TART summer transit service.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
CONVENE AS THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
25. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD:
a. Brook Avenue, Kings Beach (PDF) - Resolution approving the use of Kings Beach Housing Assistance Funds to acquire Lots 17/18 on Brook Avenue (Assessor’s Parcel Number 090-182-024) in Kings Beach and authorize the Chief Assistant CEO-Redevelopment Director or designee to execute all related documents.
b. Proposed FY 2006/07 Budget (PDF)- Resolution approving the Redevelopment Agency Proposed Budget, in the amount of $26,252,898.
ADJOURN AS THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD AND
RECONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
26. SHERIFF – Amend agreement for Placer County Sheriff-Coroner-Marshal (PDF) to pay the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office for jail services for a term of two years beginning July 1, 2006, in the amount of $297,808 for FY 2006/07 and $312,698 for FY 2007/08.
27. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION (PDF):
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. For Item Number B (a) the Placer County Board of Supervisors will meet as the Placer County Redevelopment Agency. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Sierra Watch; League to Save Lake Tahoe; Mountain Area Preservation Foundation vs. Placer County, et al. (Martis Valley).
Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-16652
(b) Judi Jackson vs. Placer County Animal Control, et. al., U.S.D.C. Eastern District Court Case No. CIV.S 05-79FCD KJM.
(2) Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case.
(b) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case.
(B) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
(a) Under Negotiation: Authorization to negotiate price, terms and conditions for acquisition of property in order to consolidate County government operations in the Tahoe area. Properties listed have been submitted in response to the “County Real Estate Solicitation for the Tahoe Government Center”.
Potential Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Northshore Resort Realty, Inc.; James Mark Williamson; A. Kyle Everett, Trustee for Michael J. Schneider, Nancy Hurtado, Trustee, Paul Dyer et al and Sierra Crest Company and Marsh Ventures, Inc.
(C) §54957 - PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT
Title: Chief Probation Officer
(D) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN:
28. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation of a resolution congratulating Sergeant Robert McDonald (PDF), Sheriff Department, upon his retirement of over 25 years of service.
29. COUNTY EXECUTIVE – Approve the Public Defender contracts with the Law Offices of Mark A. Berg (PDF), in the amount of $4,835,662, for First Level Conflict services from July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2010, and with the Law Firm of Balcom & Carbone, in the amount of $1,344,956, for Second Level Conflict services from July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2010, for a combined total of $6,180,618.
30. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/REDEVELOPMENT (PDF)– Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution allocating $50,000 in Community Development Block Grant Business Assistance Revolving Loan Fund monies as local match to the Hulbert Way Signal and Road Improvement Area of Benefit Project.
31. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/REDEVELOPMENT – Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution (PDF) approving revisions to the Community Development Block Grant Program Income Reuse Plan.
32. FACILITY SERVICES/DELINQUENT GARBAGE BILLS/FORESTHILL DIVIDE (PDF) - Resolution authorizing and directing the County Auditor-Controller to place delinquent garbage bills for the Foresthill Divide properties for collection on the 2006/2007 tax rolls unless otherwise paid in full by July 7, 2006.
33. FACILITY SERVICES/COUNTY SERVICE AREA FEE REPORT, FY 2006/07 (PDF) – Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to confirm the County Service Area Assessment and Fee Report and authorize the collection of assessments on the 2006/2007 tax roll.
34. FACILITY SERVICES/COUNTY SERVICE AREA #28, ZONE #55 (LIVOTI SEWER) (PDF) – Public hearing to receive public comment concerning a proposed adjustment to the Connection Fee for new development in the south Placer area; adoption of an ordinance adjusting the fee; make a finding pursuant to Section 21080(b)(8), of the Public Resource Code, that the higher fee is derived directly from the cost of providing service and is necessary to meet operating expenses required for maintenance of service, and is therefore exempt from environmental review.
35. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY – Public hearing (PDF) to consider adoption of a resolution approving a road name change from “Reservoir Road” to “Alta Reservoir Road” between Alta Bonny Nook Road and Sugar Pine Road, in the Alta Area, and approve the assignment of “Alta Reservoir Court” to the private drive from Reservoir Road to the Pacific Gas & Electric water reservoir.
36. PUBLIC WORKS/SQUAW VALLEY UNDERGROUND CONVERSION DISTRICTS – Public hearing to consider the following actions:
a. Squaw Valley Underground Conversion District #2 (PDF) - Resolution modifying the boundary of the Squaw Valley Underground Conversion District #2, as originally established by Resolution 92-31.
b. Squaw Valley Underground Conversion Districts #2 & #2A (PDF) - Resolution revising procedures for conversion of electrical panels within the Squaw Valley Utility Underground Conversion District.
37. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/PROPOSED BUDGET FY 2006/07 (PDF):
a. Adopt the FY 2006/07 Proposed Budget and approve early purchase of equipment on the Master Fixed Asset List.
b. Approve technical accounting adjustments by the Auditor-Controllers Office that will subdivide the Sheriff’s single appropriation into 6 separate appropriations.
c. Adopt the FY 2006-07 Proposed Budgets for Lighting Districts, County Service Area Zones (CSA), and Sewer Maintenance Districts governed by your Board.
38. LUNCH - With the Auburn Rotary Club at the Auburn Elks Lodge, 195 Pine Street, Auburn.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
39. AUDITOR/CONTROLLER - Independent Accountant’s Report (PDF) on the Treasurer’s Statement of Assets for quarter ending March 31, 2006.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2006 MEETING SCHEDULE:
June 27, 2006
July 11, 2006
July 24, 2006 (Tahoe)
July 25, 2006 (Tahoe)