COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2012
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Holly Heinzen, Chief Assistant County Executive Officer
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chairman Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Chairwoman
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Holmes.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: 1) Melanie Barton, Museum Administrator, invited the Board to attend the Heritage Trail Tour, August 11 & 12, 2012. 2) James Daneke, Roseville resident, said the home he is living in is being auctioned in one month, based on forgeries on the part of the County Recorder.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – Supervisor Uhler thanked Facility Services for meeting with constituents regarding the closure of SMD 3. Chairwoman Montgomery thanked organizations for their effort on the Robbers Fire. Supervisor Holmes thanked his Aide Ruth Alves, for working on the Robbers Fire.
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation of Resolution 2012-175 commending Karri Samson on her retirement after 34 years in Placer County Library services.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
a. Terracina Oaks Apartments
1. Conducted a public hearing under the Tax and Equity Fiscal Responsibility Act (“TEFRA”) and approved that the California Municipal Finance Authority (“CMFA”), a joint exercise of powers authority and public entity of the State of California, will issue in one or more series of revenue bonds in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000, (the “Bond”), to assist in the financing of the acquisition and rehabilitation of a multifamily rental housing facility for the Terracina Oaks Apartments located at 12200 Gateway Oaks in unincorporated Auburn, and
2. Resolution 2012-183 adopted approving the financing of the Project by the CMFA.
3. FACILITY SERVICES
a. Mid-Western Placer Regional Sewer
1. Resolution 2012-184 adopted authorizing the Chair to sign the Design and Environmental Review Agreement (DERA) with the City of Lincoln (Lincoln) in an amount not-to-exceed $6,067,000.
2. Directed staff to negotiate the Construction and Initial Operations Agreement (CIOA) pursuant to the Deal Points Outline.
MOTION Weygandt/Duran to adopt staff recommendations VOTE 3:2 (Uhler/Holmes No)
3. No Action Taken Provide staff direction regarding project funding alternatives for Sewer Maintenance District 1 (SMD 1) and the City of Auburn (Auburn).
4. No Action Taken Provide staff other direction as the Board deems appropriate.
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
4. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Adult System of Care/U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
1. Approved the renewal grant agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to receive funds for Permanent Supportive Housing in the amount of $299,927 ($28,936 required County General Fund match) for a 12-month term, beginning December 1, 2012, and
2. Approved the renewal grant agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to receive funds for Shelter Plus Care 2011 in the amount of $290,412 (no required County General Fund match) for a 12-month term, beginning May 20, 2012.
b. Adult System of Care/Contract/7th Avenue Center, LLC
1. Approved an agreement with 7th Avenue Center, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $300,000 ($180,000 net county cost), to provide mandated intensive mental health services for Placer County residents with the highest level of need from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2014 and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments up to a cumulative total of 10% of contract amount, consistent with the agreement’s subject matter and Scope of Work.
c. Adult System of Care/Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing
1. Approved the award of a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Transitional Employment Program.
2. Approved a contract with Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing, in the amount of $268,000 (100% State funded), from August 8, 2012 through June 30, 2014, and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign subsequent amendments up to a cumulative total of 10% of the original contract amount, consistent with the current agreement’s subject matter and Scope of Work.
d. Animal Services/Local Jurisdictions for Animal Services
1. Approved revenue agreements with the City of Colfax, City of Lincoln, and Town of Loomis, for the provision of animal services from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2015, and with the City of Auburn for such services from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, totaling $294,320 revenue in the first year, and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to execute any subsequent amendments.
a. Electronic Monitoring Program
1. Reviewed and approved Probation’s Electronic Monitoring Program (EMP) policy, rules and regulations (incorporated herein by reference) in accordance with Penal Code 1203.016 (d) (1) and Penal Code 1203.017 (d) (1).
6. PUBLIC WORKS
a. Lake Forest Erosion Control Project, Area B (Highlands)
1. Resolution 2012-186 adopted awarding, with County Counsel and Risk Management's review and approval, Contract #1035 to the low bidder, West Coast Contractors of Nevada, Inc., in the amount of $403,094.50 for construction of the Lake Forest Erosion Control Project, Area B (Highlands)
2. Authorized the Chair to execute the construction contract on behalf of Placer County.
3. Authorized the Director of Public Works to approve and sign contract change orders up to $40,309.
7. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation:
(a) Sierra Club, et al. v. Placer County, et al., Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-21539 – The Board received a report and gave direction to staff.
Collins, et al. v. County of Placer, et al., Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-21525 – The Board received a report and gave direction to staff.
Sacramento County Superior Court Consolidated Case No.: 34-2007-00883516, In the California Court of Appeal, Third Appellate Appellate Case No.: C063789
The Board received a report and gave direction to staff.
(b) Koons v. County of Placer – The Board received a report.
Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV0029558
(c) Ad-Hoc Committee, et al. v. County of Placer, et al. - The Board received a report on status.
Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV0029886
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS – The Board received a report from its negotiating staff. No action was taken.
(a) Agency designated representatives: David Boesch, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Gerald O. Carden
Employee organization: PPEO. DSA
CONSENT AGENDA – Moved Item 13a and 19 for discussion. Consent Agenda approved as amended with action as indicated. MOTION Duran/Holmes/Unanimous
8. ORDINANCE – Second Reading:
a. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PLACER COUNTY SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE FORMER REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY – Ordinance 5680-B adopted:
1. Amending Placer County Code, Chapter 2, Article 2.19 to formally establish the Placer County Redevelopment Successor Agency as a separate public entity pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 34173(g) and designate the Board of Supervisors as the legislative body.
2. Deleting Placer County Code, Chapter 2, Article 2.112, Section 2.112.080, in entirety.
a. FY 2011-12 Budget Revisions
1. Approved the FY 2011-12 Budget Revisions, to complete the accounting transactions for the fiscal year.
b. FY 2012-13 Funds/Subfund
1. Resolution 2012-185 adopted approving the list of FY 2012-13 Funds/Subfunds available in the Placer County Performance Accounting Series Financial System (PAS).
10. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution 2012-176 adopted honoring Will Dickinson for 21 years of dedicated public service as an employee of Placer County.
b. Resolution 2012-177 adopted in support of the 10th annual “Tour de Tahoe - Bike Big Blue” to be held on Sunday September 9, 2012 around Lake Tahoe.
c. Resolution 2012-175 adopted commending Karri Samson on her retirement after 34 years in Placer County Library services.
d. Approved minutes of July 10, 2012.
11. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY – Rejected the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
a. 12-063, Mulford, Shelene, $1,250, (Personal Injury)
12. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Placer County Older Adult Advisory Commission
1. Approved the reappointment of Margaret Reilly to Seat #19 (representing Senior Service Organizations) and Cheryl Trenwith to Seat #21 (representing the HHS Liaison).
b. Rural Lincoln Municipal Advisory Council
1. Approved appointment of Joyce Bachman to Seat #1, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
c. Tahoe Cemetery District
1. Approved the appointment of James Scribner to Seat #3, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
13. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
a. MOVED FOR DISCUSSION Merit Increases
1. Approve merit increases for management employees pursuant to the Placer County Code, Chapter 3 process for step, or merit, increases.
14. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES
a. 2012 Homeland Security Grant Program
1. Resolution 2012-178 adopted authorizing designated staff to execute for and on behalf of Placer County for all actions necessary to obtain and manage funds in the 2012 Homeland Security Grant Program.
a. Reimbursed Election Services
1. Resolution 2012-179 adopted calling the specified, requested elections and authorizing the County Registrar of Voters to render reimbursed election services for the elections to be consolidated with the November 6, 2012 Presidential General Election, generating an estimated $750,000 in reimbursements from requesting jurisdictions.
16. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Sheridan Park Property Transfer
1. Resolution 2012-180 adopted authorizing the Director of Facility Services, or his designee, to execute all documents and take all actions necessary to complete this property transfer from Sheridan Recreation, Inc. to the County of Placer, including the acceptance of a grant deed; and,
2. Authorized the Property to be added to the Master Fixed Asset list following the close of escrow.
b. Placer County Government Center Utilities and Infrastructure Survey, Project #4761
1. Approved the Second Amendment to the Consultant Services Agreement with West Yost Associates, Inc., for the Placer County Government Center (PCGC) Utilities and Infrastructure Survey, Project #4761, located in north Auburn and authorized the Chair of the Board to execute the Second Amendment, increasing the contract by $33,636 for a total contract cost not-to-exceed $208,147 in previously approved net county cost.
c. Building 117 Clinic Renovations, Architectural and Engineering Services, Project #9435
1. Approved the Third Amendment to the Agreement with Lionakis Beaumont Design Group, Inc. (LBDG), to provide architectural and engineering services for the Clinic Behavioral Health Integration, and authorized the Chair to execute said Amendment, increasing the contract by $15,185.60 for a total cost not-to-exceed $180,000 in previously approved net county cost and federal funding.
d. Atwood Fire Station 180 Modular Addition, Project #4818
1. Resolution 2012-181 adopted accepting the Atwood Fire Station 180 Modular Addition, Project #4818, located on Atwood Road in Auburn, as complete and authorized the Director of Facility Services, or his designee, to execute and record the Notice of Completion.
e. Rocklin Unified School District
1. Approved and executed the Use Agreement with the Rocklin Unified School District authorizing the use of Park Dedication Fees from Recreation Area #8, City of Rocklin Area, in the amount of $10,468 to partially fund construction of a concrete bleacher slab at Granite Oaks Middle School and softball field fencing at Rocklin High School; and approved a Budget Revision appropriating the funds.
17. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Animal Services/Emergency Veterinary Services
1. Approved a maximum payment authorization (“umbrella contract”) with various providers for emergency veterinary services for FY 2012-13, in an amount not to exceed $50,000 ($37,500 net county cost) and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to amend the list of providers as necessary.
b. Human Services/Placer County Subsidized Wage Program
1. Authorized the Director of Health and Human Services or his designee, to contract with local businesses and provide a wage subsidy to those who hire eligible public assistance recipients under the county’s Subsidized Wage Program which is funded 100% with State CalWORKs revenue.
18. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Blanket Purchase Order, Library Materials/Library - Approved the renewal of a Competitively Awarded Blanket Purchase Order with Baker & Taylor, for Library Materials, in the maximum amount of $113,000.
b. Sole Source Purchase Order, Annual Maintenance and Support of the Placer County Library’s Web-Based Integrated Library System - Approved the award of a Sole Source Purchase Order to Sirsi Corporation, for Annual Maintenance and Support of the Placer County Library’s Web-Based Integrated Library System, in the amount of $57,203.87.
c. Blanket Purchase Order #19685, Information Technology Support Services/Administrative Services/I.T. - Approved an increase in the amount of $150,000 to Blanket Purchase Order with Robert Half Technologies for Information Technology Support Services.
d. Declare Vehicles as Surplus, Public Works/Fleet, Sheriff, CEO/OES - Declared Vehicles, Vehicle Parts, and Miscellaneous Items as surplus and authorized disposal.
e. Budget Revision/Administrative Services/Telecom-Radio - Approved the acceptance of an additional $52,000 from the FY 2010 Interoperable Emergency Communications Grant Program and approved the related Budget Revision to serve the Countywide Interoperable Radio Network Project.
19. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. MOVED FOR DISCUSSION Contract #1126, Traffic Signal and Lighting Installation/Auburn-Folsom Road and King Road
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Chair to award and execute construction Contract, with County Counsel and Risk Management’s review and approval, to the lowest responsible and responsive bidder, Pacific Excavation, Inc., in the amount of $234,211.00.
2. Authorize the Director of Public Works to execute contract change orders up to $23,421.
20. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to SARSAS (Save Auburn Ravine Salmon and Steelhead) to support the Calling Back the Salmon Celebration, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250) and Supervisor Holmes ($250).
b. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Loomis Basin Chamber of Commerce 25th Annual Loomis Eggplant Festival to help defray the cost of the event, as requested by Supervisor Holmes ($500).
c. Approved appropriation of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Friends of the Rocklin Library, as requested by Supervisor Holmes ($250).
d. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer County Council Navy League, as requested by Supervisor Holmes ($500).
e. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Rocklin Public Safety Volunteers to help support the 2nd Annual Rocklin Patriot Day, as requested by Supervisor Holmes ($500).
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS MOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION:
13. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
a. Merit Increases
1. Approved merit increases for management employees pursuant to the Placer County Code, Chapter 3 process for step, or merit, increases.
19. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Contract #1126, Traffic Signal and Lighting Installation/Auburn-Folsom Road and King Road
1. Resolution 2012-182 adopted authorizing the Chair to award and execute construction Contract, with County Counsel and Risk Management’s review and approval, to the lowest responsible and responsive bidder, Pacific Excavation, Inc., in the amount of $234,211.00.
2. Authorized the Director of Public Works to execute contract change orders up to $23,421.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
21. Treasurer-Tax Collector - Treasurer’s Statement for the month of June 2012.
ADJOURNMENT – Next meeting is Thursday, August 16 and Friday, August 17, 2012. Next regular meeting is Tuesday, August 21, 2012.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2012 MEETING SCHEDULE:
August 16, 2012 (Budget)
August 17, 2012 (Budget)
August 21, 2012
September 11, 2012
September 25, 2012