COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1, Vice Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Karin Schwab, Interim County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chair Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5 Gina Fleming, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Chairman Uhler
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Receive a Presentation recognizing the Animal Services Division and Gold Country Wildlife for receiving a National Association of Counties Achievement Award and recognizing Dana Miller for her donations and support of the Animal Services Division for animal care and adoption services.
2. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Adopt a Resolution awarding Request for Proposal and Contract to GHD Inc. for engineering and environmental services for the Bell Road Roundabouts at I-80 Project in an amount of $1,990,614 upon County Counsel and Risk Management concurrence; and authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute future contract amendments up to $199,061 as needed. Funding is provided by Federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (40%), Federal Regional Surface Transportation Program (35%), and County Traffic Impact Fee Program (25%).
3. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Conduct a De Novo Public Hearing to consider the Chabad of Roseville project:
a. Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program.
b. Minor Use Permit for a two-building, 23,300 square foot house of worship and community center with accessory uses including an elementary and preschool.
c. Variances to reduce front setbacks along Douglas Blvd. and Woodgrove Way from 50’ to 12’6” and 21’ respectively and to reduce the western side setback from 30’ to 10’.
d. Administrative Approval to allow a maximum building height of 37’4” instead of 36’ for the community center building.
2. Consider the third-party appeal filed by the Granite Bay Community Association over the Planning Commission’s November 08, 2018 decision to:
a. Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program
b. Approve the Chabad of Roseville Minor Use Permit, Variances, and Administrative Approval.
4. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Anticipated Litigation
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(2) of Government Code §54956.9: Two potential cases
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Agricultural Commissioner to sign amended Agreement No. 18-0038 with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for reimbursement of County costs in the amount of $97,474 for enforcement of the mandated High Risk Pest Exclusion Program from July 01 2018 to June 30, 2019.
6. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve the minutes of January 15, 2019
2. Approve the minutes of January 28, 2019
3. Approve the minutes of January 29, 2019
4. Approve the minutes of February 05, 2019
7. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 19-023 Hair, Lisa (Personal Injury) $10,000
2. 19-024 Moore, Johnnie (Personal Injury) $10,000
3. 19-026 State Farm (Maxie, Betty) (Property Damage) Unstated
4. 19-029 League, Jonathan (Personal Injury) Unstated
5. 19-031 Long, Kristin (Property Damage) $250
6. 19-033 Grimmer, Sara (Property Damage) $3,213.74
7. 19-038 Layani, Anne-Christine (Property Damage) Unstated
8. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the appointment of Andy Newby to the unexpired term of Seat #4, of the Newcastle/Ophir Municipal Advisory Council, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve the appointment of Debra Eastman, to the unexpired term of Seat #6 (representing County Public Agency) of the Placer County Child Care Advisory Council.
1. Approve the reappointment of Robert Zaucha to Seat #2 (representing Meadow Vista), Alex Harvey to Seat #3 (representing Placer Hills Fire District), John T. Lippold to Seat #4 (representing Placer Hills Fire Protection District), Don Belden to Seat #6 (representing Secret Town/Emigrant Gap) and the appointment of Lauraine Bacon, to the unexpired term of Seat #5 (representing Secret Town/Emigrant Gap) of the Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
1. Approve the appointments of Patrick Stiehr to Seat #1, John Hottel to Seat #2, Carolyn Riolo to Seat #3, Jean Pagnone Seat #4, and Walter Wyllie to Seat #5 as requested by Supervisor Gore.
9. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution to reaffirm a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
1. Accept a 2017 Homeland Security Grant Program award in the amount of $23,000 and a 2018 Homeland Security Grant Program award in the amount of $102,215 for the purchase of portable VHF radios, batteries, chargers and related emergency communication equipment.
2. Approve a Budget Revision in the Fire Control Fund increasing revenues and expenditures in the total amount of $125,215.
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced February 26, 2019, amending the un-codified Allocations of Positions to Departments Ordinance regarding the Agricultural Inspector Aide classification.
D. Placer Vineyards Specific Plan | Ordinance Levying Special Taxes for the Fiscal Year 2019-2020 and Following Fiscal Years Solely Within and Relating to the County of Placer CFD No. 2018-3 (Placer Vineyards-Parks, Open Space and Landscaping)
1. Adopt the ordinance, introduced on February 26, 2019, levying special taxes for the fiscal year 2019-2020 and following fiscal years solely within and relating to the County of Placer CFD No. 2018-3 (Placer Vineyards – Parks, Open Space and Landscaping).
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Authorize the Auditor-Controller’s Office to establish a maximum payment authorization (“umbrella contract”) for FY 2019-20 in an amount not to exceed $50,000 for the provision of emergency veterinary services by an identified list of providers.
2. Approve the provider list and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services, or designee, to amend the list of providers as necessary so long as amendments are included in the following years’ list; and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services, or designee, to execute any needed provider agreements or other documents utilizing applicable County processes with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
11. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced on February 26, 2019, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance related to the creation of the Deputy Air Pollution Control Officer classification and placement into the unclassified service.
1. Approve the Side Letter Agreement with the Placer Public Employees Organization (PPEO) related to correctional officer employees working a regular recurring fourteen (14) day work period.
1. Approve the Schedule of Classifications and Salary Grades for Classified and Unclassified Services, posted February 21, 2019, pursuant to the California Code of Regulations 570.5 Requirement for a Publicly Available Pay Schedule.
12. PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve change orders to agreements with 4Leaf Inc. of Pleasanton, CA, Bureau Veritas North America, Inc. of Sacramento, CA, and Shums Coda Associates, Inc. of Pleasanton, CA for plan check and inspection services in the aggregate amount of $300,000 for a revised maximum aggregate amount of $850,000, effective through June 30, 2019. Funding is provided by the Community Development Resource Agency – Building Services Division’s FY 2018-19 Final Budget, resulting in no new net County cost.
2. Approve the option to renew all five existing agreements for plan check and inspection services for three (3) additional one-year periods through June 30, 2022 in the maximum aggregate amount of $850,000 annually, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents subject to departmental concurrence and available funding.
1. Approve the renewal of a negotiated supplier contract with Winner Chevrolet Inc. of Colfax, CA for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Chevrolet brand automotive parts and repairs in the maximum amount of $290,000 for the period of April 01, 2019 through March 31, 2020. Funding is provided by the Sheriff’s Office in the FY 2018-19 Final Budget and will be included in the FY 2019-20 Requested Budget.
2. Approve the option to renew this contract for two (2) additional one-year periods, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents subject to departmental concurrence and available funding, and authorize change orders up to a maximum amount of $29,000 consistent with Placer County’s Procurement Policy
13. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $300 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Rotary Club Foundation as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
1. Approve appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to The Woman’s Club of Lincoln as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
1. Approve a Commendation commending Administrative Technician Jodi Bodick for twenty-one years of dedicated public service as an employee of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
1. Approve a Commendation commending Administrative Technician Janet Longueira for twenty-two years of dedicated public service.
15. TREASURER – TAX COLLECTOR
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the Placer County Treasurer’s Statement of Investment Policy for the year 2019 pursuant to Government Code Section 53646.
ADJOURNMENT – To Special meeting on March 19, 2019 at Placer County Office of Education, 360 Nevada Street, Auburn, CA 95603.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
March 19, 2019 (Workshop)
March 26, 2019
April 09, 2019
April 22, 2019 (Tahoe)
April 23, 2019 (Tahoe)
May 14, 2019
May 28, 2019
June 11, 2019
June 25, 2019
July 09, 2019
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov