COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Bonnie Gore, District 1, Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
North Tahoe Event Center
8318 North Lake Blvd.
Kings Beach, CA. 96143
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Chair Gore
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Approve the pending FY 2017-18 Tourism Master Plan grant for $150,000 in Transient Occupancy Tax to the Squaw Valley Ski Museum Foundation to fund environmental review, project design and public outreach for the Sierra Nevada Olympic Winter and Sports Museum.
2. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive presentations from the North Tahoe Business Association and the Tahoe City Downtown Association on the status of work to support economic development in North Lake Tahoe by implementing the Main Street program as outlined in contracts with Placer County.
3. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
2. Provide direction on preferred Mountain Housing Council scope of work.
3. Approve requested funding commitment of $55,000 per year for up to three years, totaling a $165,000 net county cost.
4. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Receive a presentation on the County’s Housing Program including a mid-year report on the 2019-2020 Annual Housing Program Work Plan.
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive a report on proposed procedural changes to implement Placer County Code Chapter 9, Article 9.33 in order to ensure protection of Lake Tahoe water quality, improve public safety and awareness, reduce impacts to public safety agencies and streamline permit processes for water-based fireworks displays.
6. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive a presentation on the Draft Placer County Tahoe Basin Town Center Economic Sustainability Needs Assessment.
2. Provide direction on staff recommendations.
7. COUNTY COUNSEL / ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) Human Rights Defense Center v. County of Placer, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:20-cv-00285-JAM-CKD
(b) In re Lesley Beland, WCAB Claim
WCAB Claim No. ADJ11101431
(c) In re Brandy Belding, WCAB Claim
WCAB Claim No. ADJ11140347
2. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(4) of Government Code §54956.9: One potential case
(B) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS
(a) Property: APN 031-480-021-000
Agency Negotiators: Todd Leopold, Karin Schwab, Robert Sandman, Bekki Riggan, Steve Newsom, Laurie Morse, and Eric Findlay
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Frank L. Wegener and Monica L. Wegener, Trustees of the Frank and Monica Wegener Family 2009 Revocable Trust, as successors-in-interest
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both
(b) Property: APN 043-100-029-000
Agency Negotiators: Todd Leopold, Karin Schwab, Robert Sandman, Jane Christenson, Steve Newsom, Laurie Morse, and Eric Findlay
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Town of Loomis
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both
Adjourn as the Placer County Board of Supervisors and convene as the Placer County Successor Agency
(C) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS
(a) Properties: APNs 090-142-001,090-142-002, 090-142-029 and 090-142-011
Agency Negotiators: Todd Leopold, Karin Schwab, Robert Sandman, Dave Defanti, Steve Newsom, Laurie Morse and Eric Findlay
Under Negotiation: Evaluation of multiple offers to purchase Successor Agency Property
Adjourn as the Placer County Successor Agency and reconvene as the Placer County Board of Supervisors
(D) GOVERNMENT CODE §54957 – PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT
Government Code §54957(b)(1): District Attorney
(i) Interview Procedures
8. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
2. Approve a Special Meeting on Friday, March 27, 2020 at 7:45 a.m.
1. Approve the appointment of Karla Gustafson to the Area 4 Agency on Aging Governing Board.
9. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 20-015 Khorovets, Tatyana (Property Damage) $100,000
2. 20-018 Marshall, Jeff (Property Damage) $1,000
10. COUNTY COUNSEL
1. Reappoint Karin Schwab or designee and Preston Marx to the Law Library Board of Trustees.
11. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution to reaffirm a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
1. Adopt a Resolution to annex Assessor Parcel Number 017-064-003-000, owned by NLD Rocklin, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, into Community Facilities District Number 2012-1, Sunset Industrial Area Services and apply the established charge for fire protection services and emergency medical services on this parcel within the said district and direct staff to record a Notice of Special Tax Lien on the aforementioned property.
12. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced February 25, 2020, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance and the un-codified Allocation of Positions to Departments Ordinance related to the creation of a new classification of Conservation Program Biologist approved by the Civil Service Commission at its February 10, 2020 meeting.
13. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Approve Plans and Specifications for the Eastern Regional Landfill Stormwater Improvements Project No. PJ00826 with an estimated construction cost of $400,000, and authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to advertise for construction bids. This Project is included in the Department of Public Works FY 2019-20 Final Budget, funded by Eastern Regional Material Recovery Facility tipping fee revenue.
1. Adopt a Resolution to execute a Quitclaim Deed from the County of Placer to the City of Lincoln for property adjacent to the Lincoln Meadows Subdivision.
1. Approve an agreement with Property Owner regarding various development fees for five (5) properties in the Hidden Glen planned unit development and authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute the agreement.
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute the Funding Letter of Agreement 20-01 between the County of Placer and the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency for Riego Road / Baseline Road Widening Project Initiation Document Equivalent, for an amount up to $50,000.
2. Approve a Budget Revision in the FY2019-20 increasing the General Transportation Planning Budget by $50,000.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute Modification 1 to the Memorandum of Understanding with Nevada County to contribute a matching share not to exceed $320,000 to fund improvements on Donner Pass Road within Placer County’s jurisdiction for the period of March 22, 2016, to December 31, 2023.
14. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to Campus Life Connection, Celebrity Chili Cook-Off as requested by Supervisor Gore ($1000).
1. Approve appropriation of $850 in Revenue Sharing monies to Del Oro FFA Alumni Association as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($100), Supervisor Holmes ($500), Supervisor Uhler ($250).
1. Approve appropriation of $3,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to Lighthouse Counseling and Family Resource Center as requested by Supervisor Gore ($500), Supervisor Weygandt ($1500), Supervisor Holmes ($250), Supervisor Uhler ($500), Supervisor Gustafson ($250).
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
March 24, 2020
April 07, 2020
April 21, 2020 (1:00p.m. Start)
May 05, 2020
May 19, 2020
June 09, 2020 (1:00p.m. Start)
June 22, 2020 (Tahoe)
June 23, 2020
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov