COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1, Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
THE SPECIAL MEETING OF WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2020 HAS BEEN CANCELLED
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCEDURES:
In order to protect public health and the safety of our Placer County citizens, the Board of Supervisors Chambers are closed to the public.
You may now sign up for Public Comment. Public Comment for the Board Meeting will be offered telephonically into the Board Chambers. Citizens who wish to speak on an Agenda item should call 530-886-1800 to have their name, phone number, Agenda Item number placed on our public comment Call-Back List. The Chair will ask for public comment for each agenda item in sequence. Staff will call each person signed up on the Call-Back List for that item and will place the caller on hold in the queue for verbal public comment. Citizens may call 530-886-1800 and have their name added to the Call-Back list any time before the Chair announces that public comment on the item is closed.
**Sign-ups for Public Comment will be accepted starting at the posting of this agenda**
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Supervisor Weygandt
TIMED ITEMS to be discussed at the time shown or shortly thereafter
A. COVID-19 Seroprevalence Study in Placer County
1. Authorize the County Executive Officer to sign one or more agreements as necessary to conduct a COVID-19 Seroprevalence Study in Placer County, with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, with a total aggregate amount not to exceed $250,000.
2. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
A. Rescission of Local Emergency Proclamation Due to COVID-19
1. Consider Adoption of a Resolution rescinding Resolution 2020-035 ratifying the Proclamation of Local Emergency by the Director of Emergency Services related to COVID-19.
2. Consider rescission of the delegation of authority to the County Health Officer to terminate the local health emergency related to COVID-19.
3. Consider Adoption of a Resolution rescinding Resolution 2020-034 ratifying the Declaration of Local Health Emergency made by the County Health Officer related to COVID-19.
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on June 09, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
June 09, 2020
June 22, 2020 (Tahoe)
June 23, 2020
July 07, 2020
July 28, 2020
August 25, 2020
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 11:00 a.m. the day of the meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The Placer County Board of Supervisors’ meetings will be conducted telephonically as the Board Chambers will not be open to the public. In compliance with the Governor’s orders on telephonic meetings, the public’s participation will be received through the following means:
· Citizens who wish to comment may call 530-886-1800 to be added to our Call-Back List. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item in sequence, so those who have signed up should be prepared for a staff member to call them back for the specific item when the Board Chair opens public comments for that item. After those signed up on Call-Back List have provided verbal comments, the Chair will announce that public comments are closed for that item.
· Calls will be answered by the County Operator and names will be added in order received to the Call-Back List for any agenda item where the public comment has not been closed.
· Each commenter is entitled to 3 minutes of comment time, so being called back to be put in the queue to speak may take some time if there are many citizens signed up on the Call Back list for a particular item. Thank you for your patience as we work to preserve the safety and health of all meeting participants and ensure that each citizen who wishes to comment has the opportunity to do so.
· Alternatively, citizens may submit their comments in written form at the following link: https://www.placer.ca.gov/FormCenter/Clerk-of-the-Board-29/Public-Comment-Submission-157.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 11:00 a.m. the day of the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2020
· The Board proceedings can be accessed using Zoom video/call conferencing in addition to the traditional live streaming video on the County’s website. You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 969 0036 0103, or join via the web for view-only only participation at https://zoom.us/j/96900360103