COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1, Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCEDURES:
In order to protect public health and the safety of our Placer County citizens, the Public Comment for the Board of Supervisors Meeting will be offered through a remote call-in line or virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://placer-ca-gov.zoom.us/j/95970435183 utilizing the “raise hand” function for Public Comment. The Board Chambers will be closed to public attendance. Citizens who wish to comment should call in at 530-886-1800 to sign up for public comment. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, commenters must be signed up for a call-back prior to the Chair calling for Public Comment on the item.
**If you wish to give Public Comment or speak to an item you must be signed up for a call-back. Sign-ups for Public Comment will be accepted starting at the posting of this agenda**
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
ADD TO DEPARTMENT:
15.1.A. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
A. Service Desk Support Services | Agreement with NWN Solutions Corporation
1. Approve an agreement with NWN Solutions Corporation of Gold River, CA for help desk support services in the maximum amount of $432,813 for the period of August 01, 2020 through July 31, 2021, funded by the Information Technology Department’s FY 2020-21 Final Budget and to be included in the FY 2021-22 Requested Budget, resulting in no new net County cost.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to renew this agreement for two (2) additional one-year periods in the maximum amount of $432,813 annually.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents, subject to departmental concurrence and available funding, and authorize change orders for each annual agreement in an amount not to exceed $43,281 consistent with Placer County’s Procurement Policy.
POSTED: July 24, 2020
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 2
JULY 28, 2020
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The Placer County Board of Supervisors’ meetings will be conducted telephonically as the Board Chambers will not be open to the public. In compliance with the Governor’s orders on telephonic meetings, the public’s participation will be received through the following means:
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://placer-ca-gov.zoom.us/s/95970435183
· Citizens who wish to comment may call 530-886-1800 to be added to our Call-Back List. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, so those who have signed up should be prepared for a staff member to call them back for the specific item when the Board Chair opens public comments for that item. After those signed up on Call-Back List have provided verbal comments, the Chair will announce that public comments are closed for that item.
· Callers will be added in order to the Call-Back List for any agenda item where the public comment has not been closed.
· Each commenter is entitled to 3 minutes of comment time, so being called back to be put in the queue to speak may take some time if there are many citizens signed up on the Call Back list for a particular item. Thank you for your patience as we work to preserve the safety and health of all meeting participants and ensure that each citizen who wishes to comment has the opportunity to do so.
· Alternatively, citizens may submit their comments in written form at the following link: https://www.placer.ca.gov/FormCenter/Clerk-of-the-Board-29/Public-Comment-Submission-157.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2020
· You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 959 7043 5183.