COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, September 08, 2020
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1, Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCEDURES:
The board chambers will be open to in-person attendance. To remain in compliance with the state’s public health guidance, the county will limit in-person attendance to just 25% of the room’s capacity and will require 6 feet of social distancing inside and outside chambers. There will be no standing room in chambers. If all seats are occupied, citizens will be asked to wait outside chambers. Due to the reduced capacity we ask that citizens only be in chambers during the item they wish to participate on and then leave to allow others to participate in chambers. The entire meeting will be available on livestream and will also be broadcast outside the building.
For those not in attendance Public Comment for the Board Meeting will be offered telephonically into the Board Chambers. Citizens who wish to speak on an Agenda item can sign up to provide public comment using the County’s public comment reservation system by calling 530-886-1800 until 8:30am the day of the meeting. Staff will call the citizens who have signed up to speak when the Chair calls for public comment on the item they requested. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may also call in during the meeting when the Board Chair announces the item. Please note there is a slight delay in the livestream and citizens who do not use the reservation system are encouraged to call in when the item is announced instead of waiting for the Chair to formally open up the public comment for the item. Calls will be taken on a first come basis and there may be a wait time. Calls will not be connected if Public Comment has been closed for that item, and callers will be directed to call back if they are calling for a later agenda item.
**Sign-ups for Public Comment will be accepted starting at the posting of this agenda**
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Holmes
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
TIMED ITEMS to be discussed at the time shown or shortly thereafter
1. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
A. Proclamation Declaring September 2020 as National Preparedness Month in Placer County
1. Approve a Proclamation declaring September 2020 as National Preparedness Month in Placer County to demonstrate continued support and commitment to individual and community preparedness.
2. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
A. Older Adult Advisory Committee Annual Report and Placer County Five-Year Plan to Address a Growing Senior Population
1. Accept the FY 2019-20 Placer County Older Adult Advisory Commission Annual Report.
2. Accept the Five-Year Plan for Meeting the Needs of a Growing Senior Population in Placer County - Recommendations and Implementation Fourth Annual Update.
A. 2019 Crop Report and 2018 Crop Report Plus
1. Receive an update on the 2019 Agricultural Crop Report.
2. Receive an update on the 2018 Agricultural Crop Report Plus.
4. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
A. Resolution Proclaiming Termination of the Placer County Declaration of Local Health Emergency Regarding COVID-19 and Rescinding Resolution No. 2020-034, as Modified by Resolution 2020-137, in its Entirety
1. Consider a resolution proclaiming the termination of the Placer County declaration of local health emergency regarding COVID-19 and rescinding Resolution No. 2020-034, as modified by Resolution 2020-137, in its entirety.
DEPARTMENT ITEMS to be considered for action as time allows
5. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
A. Laboratory Testing for COVID-19 | Amend Agreement with Stem Express LLC
1. Approve an amendment to an agreement with Stem Express LLC of Folsom, CA for Laboratory Testing for COVID-19 in the amount of $250,000 for a new maximum amount of $650,000 through December 31, 2020.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
Adjourn as the Placer County Board of Supervisors and convene as the Placer County In Home Supportive Services Public Authority
6. IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
A. In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority Budget for FY 2020-21
1. Approve the In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority Budget for FY 2020-21 in the amount of $ 1,506,050.
Adjourn as the In Home Supportive Services Public Authority and reconvene as the Placer County Placer County Board of Supervisors
7. COUNTY COUNSEL / ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) Frances Govean v. Placer County, et al.
Placer County Superior Court, Case No. SCV0045226
(b) Center for Biological Diversity v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0044277
2. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(4) of Government Code §54956.9: Two potential cases
(B) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL
(a) Property: 090-074-008-000
Agency Negotiators: Todd Leopold, Karin Schwab, Robert Sandman, Jeff Brown, Kathie Denton, Amanda Sharp, Steve Newsom, Laurie Morse, and Eric Findlay
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Lai Yen, dba Seven Pines Motel
(C) GOVERNMENT CODE §54957 – PUBLIC EMPLOYEE EVALUATION
Performance Evaluation – County Executive Officer
(D) GOVERNMENT CODE §54957.6 – CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency Designated Representative: Kate Sampson, HR Director
Unrepresented employee: County Executive Officer
All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. The Board will convene as the Placer County In Home Supportive Services Public Authority for Item #11.A and 11.B .All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
A. FY 2020-21 Property Tax Rates for Voter-Approved Indebtedness as Calculated by Other Counties
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the FY 2020-21 property tax rates calculated by other Counties for voter-approved indebtedness, pursuant to Government Code sections 29100 and 29106.
9. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
A. September 2020 as Recovery Month
1. Approve a Proclamation declaring September 2020 as Recovery Month in Placer County.
10. HUMAN RESOURCES
A. New Classification of Director of Health and Human Services/Chief Psychiatrist
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced September 01, 2020, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance and Associated Codes related to the creation of a new classification of Director of Health and Human Services/Chief Psychiatrist.
B. New Classification of Senior Election Aide
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced September 01, 2020, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance related to the creation of a new classification of Senior Election Aide.
11. IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
A. Side Letter of Agreement | Memorandum of Understanding between In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority and United Domestic Workers of America
1. Approve a Side Letter of Agreement amending Memorandum of Understanding with United Domestic Workers of America (UDW), AFSCME Local 3930, AFL CIO for the period of July 01, 2016, through December 31, 2022.
B. In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Committee
1. Approve the appointments of Willis Corbett to Seat #7 and Pamela Galloway to Seat #6, on the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Public Authority (PA) Advisory Committee.
12. LIBRARY SERVICES
A. Updates to the Library Advisory Board
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced August 25, 2020 and ratified September 01, 2020, amending Chapter 2, Article 2.52, Section 2.52.080 of the Placer County Code to revise the meeting frequency of the Library Advisory Board.
13. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
A. Selection of Potential BOLD Contribution Charities
1. Approve a list of Internal Revenue Service approved 501(c)(3) charitable organizations located in and benefitting Placer County to receive charitable donations from the California Foundation for Stronger Communities (“CFSC”) generated from Placer County land development projects receiving financing through California Municipal Finance Authority’s (“CMFA”) Bond Opportunities for Land Development (“BOLD”) program, and approve the distribution of the current charitable donation of $9,610 (approx.) from the Eureka at Granite Bay project be distributed evenly across the designated organizations identified in this staff report.
B. Temporary borrowing of Treasury funds for Dry Period Financing
1. Approve the temporary borrowing of Treasury funds for FY 2020-21 by the Foresthill Fire Protection District ($700,000) as prescribed by the California State Constitution.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
14. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
A. Treasurer’s Statement for the month of July 2020
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on September 22, 2020.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
September 22, 2020
October 06, 2020
October 26, 2020 (Tahoe)
October 27, 2020 (Tahoe)
November 03, 2020
November 17, 2020
December 01, 2020
December 15, 2020
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN MEETING.
The board chambers will be open to in-person attendance. To remain in compliance with the state’s public health guidance, the county will limit attendance to just 25% of the room’s capacity and will require 6 feet of social distancing. For those not in attendance the Placer County Board of Supervisors meeting will offer public comment telephonically by the following means:
· Citizens who wish to comment may use our call in line at 530-886-1800 sign up or to queue for verbal public comment. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, so be prepared to call in for the specific item you wish to comment on when the Board Chair announces that item. Calls will not be connected if Public Comment has been closed from that item, and callers will be directed to call back if they are calling for a later agenda item.
· Live Public Comments calls will be answered by the County Operator and transferred into the Board Chambers to be heard in the order in which calls are received for the current item. Please be aware that there is an approximately 30 second delay between our meeting proceedings in Chambers and your view at home. Each commenter is entitled to 3 minutes of comment time, so hold times will be longer if there are many callers.
· Alternatively, citizens may submit their comments in written form at the following link: https://www.placer.ca.gov/FormCenter/Clerk-of-the-Board-29/Public-Comment-Submission-157.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day of the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2020.