COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1, Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCEDURES:
The board chambers will be open to in-person attendance. To remain in compliance with the state’s public health guidance, the county will limit in-person attendance to just 25% of the room’s capacity and will require 6 feet of social distancing inside and outside chambers. There will be no standing room in chambers. If all seats are occupied, citizens will be asked to wait outside chambers. Due to the reduced capacity we ask that citizens only be in chambers during the item they wish to participate on and then leave to allow others to participate in chambers. The entire meeting will be available on livestream and will also be broadcast outside the building.
For those not in attendance Public Comment for the Board Meeting will be offered remote call in line or virtually. Citizens who wish to speak on an Agenda item can sign up to provide public comment using the County’s public comment reservation system by calling 530-886-1800 until 8:30am the day of the meeting. Staff will call the citizens who have signed up to speak when the Chair calls for public comment on the item they requested. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may also comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function for Public Comment.
**Sign-ups for Public Comment will be accepted starting at the posting of this agenda**
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
DISTRICT 2 SUPERVISOR ROBERT WEYGANDT WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN THE MEETING TELEPHONICALLY
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Supervisor Holmes
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider a recommendation from the Placer County Planning Commission for approval of the following:
a. Adopt the Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring Program (SCH# 2020060263) prepared pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act.
b. Adopt an ordinance to rezone the Sabre City Park Estates project site from RM-DL8-Dc (Residential Multi-Family, Density Limitation of 8 units/acre, combining Design Scenic Corridor) and O (Open Space) to RM-DL10-Dc (Residential Multi-Family, Density Limitation of 10 units/acre, combining Design Scenic Corridor).
c. Approve a Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map for the subdivision of the 3.78-acre site into a 24-lot residential single-family subdivision.
d. Approve a Variance to allow a three-foot side setback in the RM-DL10 zoning district where five feet is normally required.
2. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works, or designee, to apply for a grant for up to $3,027,090 to the California Natural Resources Agency for a portion of the proposed Hidden Falls Regional Park Trails and Open Space Expansion Project.
3. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Health and Human Services, or Designee, to apply for $1,400,000 from the Homekey Program, and sign the resulting agreement and all related paperwork with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
1. Adopt a Resolution to accept the grant award from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to support public health response to COVID-19 in an amount not to exceed $3,083,968 for the period of May 18, 2020 through November 17, 2022, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the award and related documentation with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and to sign subsequent amendments not to exceed $100,000 consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
1. Adopt the Placer County Mental Health Services Act Services and Expenditure Plan FY 2020-2023
1. Approve the award of competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) No 20079 for Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) services to the 11 proposers identified in Attachment 1 of the staff report.
2. Approve the 11 agreements identified in Attachment 1 of the staff report related to RFP No. 20079 to provide MHSA services from October 01, 2020, through June 30, 2022, in an aggregate amount not to exceed $17,101,127, including the option to extend these contracts for one additional one-year term.
3. Authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to execute the agreements with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence and to sign subsequent amendments not to exceed 10 percent of the total contract amount or $100,000, whichever is less, consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
4. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) Brian Carlisle v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0044812
(b) Dianne Foster, et al. v. Ryan Ronco
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0045280
(c) Randy Hohenstein, v. County of Placer, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:19-cv-01505-TLN-KJN
(d) Samuel Kolb v. County of Placer, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:19-cv-00079-DB
(e) County of Placer v. Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation, et al
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:18-cv-01143-KJM-CKD
5. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve an amendment to the District 5 Assistant Aide contract for services with Judy Friedman extending the agreement term to December 31, 2020 for general administrative assistance for the salary amount of $12,081.60.
1. Approve a Commendation for the recipient of the 2020 Placer Conservator Award.
6. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 20-069 Jones, William, (Personal Injury), $25,000
2. 20-071 Dugan, Judy, (Property Damage), $229
3. 20-072 Sherman, Myles, (Personal Injury), $7,000,000
4. 20-073 Wilson, Charles, (Personal Injury), $1,000,000
5. 20-074 Miszkewycz, Jennifer, (Personal Injury), $1,000,000
6. 20-075 Willardson, Marcia, (Property Damage), $155,275,000
7. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the appointment of Ron Stoker to the unexpired term of Seat #5 on the Placer County Cemetery District #1 Lincoln, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
8. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Accept the improvements for the Pinyon Creek II Subdivision as complete.
2. Authorize the Faithful Performance and Labor and Materials securities to be released in full immediately upon Board approval.
1. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with the Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) to accept $51,000 in grant funds to complete Placer County’s Housing Element update and authorize the Director of the Community Development Resource Agency, or designee, to take all actions necessary to execute the agreement.
9. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the new Telecommute Policy for Non-Exempt Employees for the Placer Administrative Manual.
1. The County Executive Officer recommends the approval of step increase for:
a. Margaret Tides, Deputy County Counsel - III—County Counsel, from Grade 457, Step 3 at $63.17 per hour, to Grade 457, Step 4 at 66.34 per hour, effective August 01, 2020.
b. Clayton Cook, Deputy County Counsel - IV—County Counsel, from Grade 469, Step 4 at $74.73 per hour to Grade 469, Step 5 at $78.48 per hour, effective October 10, 2020.
1. Approve and sign two (2) letters in response to the Placer County Grand Jury’s 2019-20 Final Report.
1. Adopt a Resolution to reaffirm a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
10. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
1. Authorize the Director of Facilities Management, or designee, to waive and/or renegotiate rent for existing County commercial tenants who due to COVID-19 related restrictions were required to close their business, were restricted to limited operations, and/or have demonstrated a financial hardship based on the Rent Adjustments Schedule (Attachment A of the staff report) for the period of March 19, 2020, until December 31, 2020, at a total amount not to exceed $116,000.
11. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Adopt a Resolution to apply for and accept the Transitional Housing Program Allocation award issued by the State of California, Department of Housing and Community Development and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the award acceptance and related documentation with County Counsel concurrence.
12. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Approve a second contract amendment with The Batchelder Group in the amount of $75,000 (total aggregate amount of $175,000) for the period of September 01, 2020, to June 30, 2021, and authorize the County Executive Officer to sign the contract amendment.
1. Approve the Schedule of Classifications and Salary Grades for Classified and Unclassified Services as of September 01, 2020, pursuant to the California Code of Regulations 570.5 Requirement for a Publicly Available Pay Schedule.
1. Adopt a Resolution appointing Dr. Robert Oldham as Interim Health Officer, effective September 26, 2020.
13. PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve a budget amendment to move $68,725 to the equipment ledger within the Fire Control Fund’s FY 2020-21 Final Budget.
2. Authorize the addition of one command vehicle to the Master Fixed Asset List for FY 2020-21.
3. Approve the purchase of a 2021 Ford F250 Command Vehicle in the not to exceed amount of $68,725 and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. Approve the use of existing master lease agreements with Dell Financial Services of Round Rock, TX and Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company of Murray Hill, NJ for the lease of computer servers, data storage, and other computer equipment for the period of October 01, 2020 to September 30, 2023.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign individual lease schedules upon departmental concurrence and available funding.
1. Approve a budget amendment in the amount of $248,955 for the Department of Public Works, Road Maintenance Division’s FY 2020-21 Final Budget to allow for a fixed asset purchase.
2. Authorize the addition of a sweeper to the Master Fixed Asset List for FY 2020-21.
3. Approve the award of a negotiated purchase order to Schwarze Industries, Inc. of Huntsville, AL utilizing Sourcewell Cooperative Agreement for the purchase of a sweeper in the amount of $248,955. Funding is provided by the Department of Public Works, Road Maintenance Division in the FY 2020-21 Final Budget.
4. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting purchase orders and related documents.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 20109 for Tahoe Area Snow Removal Services for the period of October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 to Junior’s Snow Removal & Excavating Inc. of Olympic Valley, CA, Lazzareschi’s North Shore Plowing of Carnelian Bay, CA, and Gensburg & Sons Inc. of Tahoe City, CA in the maximum aggregate amount of $229,508.
2. Approve the option to renew the resulting contracts for four (4) additional one-year terms and authorize change orders up to a maximum cumulative amount of $22,950 (ten percent) consistent with Procurement Policy.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents, subject to departmental concurrence and available funding.
1. Declare four (4) vehicles that have reached the end of their useful life as surplus and authorize their disposal.
14. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to award and execute a construction contract not to exceed $300,000 to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder of Construction Bid No. 20108, for the West Shore Pedestrian Improvements Project, and authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute any amendments in compliance with the Public Contract Code up to 10 percent of the original contract amount.
15. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $2,250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, Placer Valley Eats event as requested by Supervisor Gore ($250) and Supervisor Weygandt ($2000).
1. Approve appropriation of $3,350 in Revenue Sharing monies to Roseville Joint Union High School District, Bill Santucci Memorial Golf Tournament as requested by Supervisor Gore ($500), Supervisor Weygandt ($250), Supervisor Uhler ($2,500) and Supervisor Gustafson ($100).
1. Approve a Commendation for Sergeant Robert Dellinger for more than twenty years of dedicated public service as an employee of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
1. Approve a Commendation for Jill Johns for more than twenty-three years of dedicated public service as an employee of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office and the Department of Health and Human Services.
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on October 06, 2020.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
October 06, 2020
October 26, 2020 (Tahoe)
October 27, 2020 (Tahoe)
November 03, 2020
November 17, 2020
December 01, 2020
December 15, 2020
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN MEETING.
The board chambers will be open to in-person attendance. To remain in compliance with the state’s public health guidance, the county will limit attendance to just 25% of the room’s capacity and will require 6 feet of social distancing. For those not in attendance the Placer County Board of Supervisors meeting will offer public comment telephonically by the following means:
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
Citizens who wish to comment may call 530-886-1800 to be added to our Call-Back List prior to 8:00a.m. the day of the meeting. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, so those who have signed up should be prepared for a staff member to call them back for the specific item when the Board Chair opens public comments for that item.
· Alternatively, citizens may submit their comments in written form at the following link: https://www.placer.ca.gov/FormCenter/Clerk-of-the-Board-29/Public-Comment-Submission-157.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day of the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2020.