COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, November 03, 2020
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1, Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5
The board chambers will be open to in-person attendance. To remain in compliance with the state’s public health guidance, the county will limit in-person attendance to just 25% of the room’s capacity and will require 6 feet of social distancing inside and outside chambers. There will be no standing room in chambers. If all seats are occupied, citizens will be asked to wait outside chambers. Due to the reduced capacity we ask that citizens only be in chambers during the item they wish to participate on and then leave to allow others to participate in chambers. The entire meeting will be available on livestream and will also be broadcast outside the building.
For those not in attendance Public Comment for the Board Meeting will be offered remote call in line or virtually. Citizens who wish to speak on an Agenda item can sign up to provide public comment using the County’s public comment reservation system by calling 530-886-1800 until 8:30am the day of the meeting. Staff will call the citizens who have signed up to speak when the Chair calls for public comment on the item they requested. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may also comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function for Public Comment.
**Sign-ups for Public Comment will be accepted starting at the posting of this agenda**
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
SUPERVISORS MAY BE PARTICIPATING IN THE MEETING VIRTUALLY
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Supervisor Weygandt
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve Commendation recognizing the Placer Food Bank for 50 years of service to the greater Placer County Area.
1. Conduct a community forum to receive the 2019 Immigration and Customs Enforcement Access Information Report from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
3. PLACER COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION
1. Annual Report on Williams Schools in Placer County.
4. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve a Commendation recognizing the Women’s Improvement Club of Roseville for 110 years of service.
5. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve Proclamation recognizing Placer County as a Purple Heart County
1. Receive a presentation on the FY 2019-20 annual report of activities of the Mental Health Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board (MHADAB), and the status of mental health and substance abuse treatment programs in Placer County.
7. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Receive an update from the Placer County Director of Health and Human Services and Interim Health Officer on the Health and Human Services Department’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its comprehensive health, economic, and social impacts.
8. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider a third-party appeal filed by Michael Garabedian on behalf of Placer County Tomorrow.
2. Deny the third-party appeal filed by Michael Garabedian on behalf of Placer County Tomorrow.
3. Uphold the Planning Commission’s September 10, 2020 decision to determine the potential impacts of the Placer Vehicle Inspection Center project are within the scope of the analysis of the 2019 certified Sunset Area Plan/Placer Ranch Specific Plan Final Environmental Impact Report (SCH #2016112012).
4. Uphold the Planning Commission’s September 10, 2020 decision to approve the Placer Vehicle Inspection Center Minor Use Permit and Design Review Agreement (PLN20-00053) subject to the conditions attached herein to the staff report.
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider a third-party appeal filed by John D. Petersen and 25 resident petitioners.
2. Deny the third-party appeal filed by John D. Petersen and 25 resident petitioners.
3. Uphold the Planning Commission’s August 27, 2020 decision to adopt the Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program prepared for the Catuna Residential Care Home Minor Use Permit project pursuant to CEQA.
4. Uphold the Planning Commission’s August 27, 2020 decision to approve the Catuna Residential Care Home Minor Use Permit (PLN19-00275) subject to the conditions attached herein to the staff report.
10. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
1. Approve a stipend to be paid to each of the two (2) unsuccessful competing Design-Build teams in the amount of $100,000 each, totaling an amount not-to-exceed $200,000, and authorize the Director of Facilities Management, or designee, to issue the stipends.
11. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve an amendment to an agreement with Stem Express LLC of Folsom, CA for Laboratory Testing for COVID-19 in the increased amount of $1,350,000 for a new maximum amount of $2,000,000, and extend the agreement through June 30, 2021, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents, including subsequent amendments up to $100,000.
1. Approve the award of a contract to Ontario Systems LLC of Muncie, IN for the purchase of RevQ, a Revenue Services Information Management System including related software and support services, in the maximum amount of $558,686 effective through June 30, 2021. Funded by the Revenue Services Division FY 2020-21 Final Budget.
2. Approve the renewal of annual licensing and support for the RevQ system for four (4) additional one-year periods in the amount of $200,436 for FY 2021-22, $204,199 for FY 2022-23, $208,075 for FY 2023-24, and $212,067 for FY 2024-25.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
13. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) Placer County Deputy Sheriff’s Association v. County of Placer
PERB Case No. SA-CE-1158-M
(B) GOVERNMENT CODE §54957.6 – CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency designated representatives: Todd Leopold, Kate Sampson, Karin Schwab, Dennis Batchelder
Employee organization: DSA
14. CLERK RECORDER – ELECTIONS
1. Adopt a Resolution appointing nominees to terms on the boards of directors of various special districts within Placer County.
15. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Accept the improvements for the Barton Ranch Subdivision as complete.
2. Authorize the Faithful Performance and Labor and Materials sureties to be set at:
a. Faithful Performance - 15 percent of the value of any otherwise unsecured public improvements immediately upon the Board’s approval.
b. Labor and Material - 50 percent or the total of all claims per Government Code Section 66499.7, whichever is higher.
1. Adopt a Resolution to nominate and adopt two Green Zones as part of the Sacramento Area Council of Governments Green Means Go Program, to accelerate infill development, reduce vehicle trips, increase electric vehicle trips and incentivize local development and housing production consistent with the Housing Plan and Development Strategy and Placer County Sustainability Plan.
2. Retrospectively approve submittal of an application to the Sacramento Area Council of Governments, nominating the Auburn/Bowman and North Auburn Infill areas as designated Green Zones under the Green Means Go program.
16. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
1. Approve a Task Order for the Master Service Agreement (MSA) with Armstrong Painting, Inc. for painting the exterior of the Auburn Jail, in the amount of $215,000, for the period of November 4, 2020, to June 30, 2021. Funding is provided by the FY 2020-21 Facilities Major Maintenance Capital Project PJ01537.
2. Authorize the Director of Facilities Management, or designee, to approve change orders not to exceed $21,500 for a total contracted amount of $236,500.
17. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a contract amendment with Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing Inc. (AMI Housing) a nonprofit corporation, for a revision of the Adult Residential Facility to increase by $300,000 for a total dollar amount not to exceed $1,557,348 for the period of July 01, 2020 to June 30, 2022 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the amendment with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and to sign subsequent amendments not to exceed $100,000 consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
1. Approve the appointment of the three (3) following individuals to the Placer County Veterans Advisory Council:
a. Lawrence Laverne, representing the American Legion Post 84
b. Dustin Byers, representing the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 904
c. Shawn Simmons, representing the American Legion Post 620
18. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works to enter into and execute Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Implementation Agreements between the State of California and the County and authorize the Director to execute future amendments and revised DBE Implementation Agreements as necessary to comply with state and federal requirements to receive funds administered through the various state and federal programs utilized by the Department of Public Works.
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve and authorize the Director of Public Works to sign the Placer County Department of Public Works 2020 Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan required by the Federal Transit Administration for Placer County Transit and Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit.
1. Adopt a Resolution to join a coalition defending the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service decision that the California Spotted Owl does not warrant listing under the Federal Endangered Species Act.
19. TREASURER – TAX COLLECTOR
ADJOURNMENT – To a Special meeting on November 10, 2020 at the Community Development Resources Agency.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
November 10, 2020 (Special Meeting)
November 17, 2020
December 01, 2020
December 15, 2020
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN MEETING.
The board chambers will be open to in-person attendance. To remain in compliance with the state’s public health guidance, the county will limit attendance to just 25% of the room’s capacity and will require 6 feet of social distancing. For those not in attendance the Placer County Board of Supervisors meeting will offer public comment telephonically by the following means:
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
· Citizens who wish to comment may call 530-886-1800 to be added to our Call-Back List prior to 8:00a.m. the day of the meeting. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, so those who have signed up should be prepared for a staff member to call them back for the specific item when the Board Chair opens public comments for that item.
· Alternatively, citizens may submit their comments in written form at the following link: https://www.placer.ca.gov/FormCenter/Clerk-of-the-Board-29/Public-Comment-Submission-157.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day of the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2020.