COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
Monday, July 26, 2021
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1 Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Suzanne Jones, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5, Vice Chair
The board meeting will be open to in-person attendance. The entire meeting will be available on livestream. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function or if you have joined the Zoom meeting via phone at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 953 5911 9501please dial *9 to “raise hand” and queue for Public Comment. Please raise your hand at the time the Chair announces the item. Please Note: There will be no phone reservation line.
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Supervisor Holmes
1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RECOURCE AGENCY
A. Third Party Appeal of the Planning Commission’s Approval of the Rancho Del Oro Estates Vesting Tentative Map Modification (PLN21-00025). Addendum to Previously Certified Environmental Impact Report
1. Conducted a Public Hearing to consider a third-party appeal filed by Amber Beckler.
2. Denied the third-party appeal filed by Amber Beckler.
3. Upheld the Planning Commission’s May 13, 2021 decision to adopt the Addendum to the previously certified Environmental Impact Report prepared for the Rancho Del Oro Estates project pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act.
4. Upheld the Planning Commission’s May 13, 2021 decision to approve the Rancho Del Oro Estates Vesting Tentative Map Modification, subject to the conditions attached to the staff report.
The Board also directed CDRA staff to investigate whether or not a violation has occurred with the cutting of trees as described in the hearing. The Board further directed that if such violations are identified that staff levy fines as authorized in County Code Chapter 19, Article 19.50, Section 19.50.090. The Board directed that staff report back on this at a later Board agenda date.
MOTION: Holmes/Gustafson Roll Call Vote 3:1:1
AYES: Holmes, Gustafson, Weygandt
2. COUNTY COUNSEL / ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) County of Placer v. Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation, et al.
U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Case No. 2:18-cv-01143-KJM-CKD
The Board heard a report and no action requested or taken.
(b) Clifton Shepherd v. Robert Weygandt, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. S-CV-0044187
The Board heard a report and provided direction.
(c) In re Michael Whitfield, WCAB Claim
Workers Compensation Appeals Board Case Nos. ADJ13469457
Note: Prior to adjournment into closed session Chair Weygandt stated on the record that he was recusing himself from this matter. He left the room when this item was called in closed session.
The Board heard a report and authorized settlement.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: Todd Leopold, Kate Sampson, and Karin Schwab
Employee organization: DSA
The Board heard a report and provided direction.
(b) Agency designated representatives: Todd Leopold, Kate Sampson, and Karin Schwab
Employee organization: PCLEMA
ADJOURNMENT – The Chair announced that the boat tour that was scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. in Tahoe was cancelled due to smoke from the wildfires in the area. The Board adjourned to the reception hosted by the Tahoe City Public Utility District and then adjourned to the next regular meeting, on Tuesday, July 27, 2021.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
July 27, 2021 (Tahoe)
August 10, 2021
August 31, 2021
September 14, 2021
September 28, 2021
October 12, 2021
October 25, 2021 (Tahoe)
October 26, 2021 (Tahoe)
November 9, 2021
November 30, 2021
December 7, 2021
December 14, 2021
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The public’s participation in the Board of Supervisors meeting will be received through the following means:
· The board meeting room will be open to in-person attendance.
The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
· You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 953 5911 9501.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2021