COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1 Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Suzanne Jones, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5, Vice Chair
The board meeting will be open to in-person attendance. The entire meeting will be available on livestream. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function or if you have joined the Zoom meeting via phone at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 962 8738 4393 please dial *9 to “raise hand” and queue for Public Comment. Please raise your hand at the time the Chair announces the item. Please Note: There will be no phone reservation line.
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Chair Weygandt
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
A. Proclamation | November 2021 as Arts and Culture Month in Placer County
1. Present a Proclamation approved September 14, 2021, recognizing November 2021 as Arts and Culture Month in Placer County
2. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve and Present a proclamation declaring October 2021 as “Domestic Violence Awareness Month”.
1. Adopt a Resolution calling for an election, declaring the results, approving of the annexation of Assessor Parcel Number 017-271-008-000 into Community Facilities District No. 2012-1 (Sunset Industrial Area Services), and authorizing the levy of a special tax on the property.
2. Introduce and waive oral reading of an Ordinance levying special taxes for fiscal year 2022-2023 and the following fiscal years and apportioning a special tax in territory annexed to Community Facilities District 2012-1 (Sunset Industrial Area Services).
4. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider a recommendation from the Placer County Planning Commission for approval of the following:
a. Adopt a Resolution adopting an addendum to the previously certified Placer Vineyards Specific Plan Final Environmental Impact Report.
b. Adopt a Resolution approving amendments to the Placer Vineyards Specific Plan.
c. Adopt an Ordinance approving the Second Amendment to the Second Amended and Restated Development Agreement By and Between the County of Placer and Hodel Family Enterprises LP Relative to Property 1B of the PVSP.
5. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
1. Award the Atherton Tenant Improvement Project located at 3715 Atherton Road, Rocklin, CA to S W Allen Construction, Inc. of Sacramento, CA in the amount of $11,232,391, which includes the Base Bid amount and Bid Alternate #1 and Bid Alternate #2.
2. Authorize the Director of Facilities Management, or designee, to execute a construction contract not-to-exceed $11,232,391 upon review and approval by County Counsel and Risk Management, including authority to approve any necessary change orders in an amount not to exceed $210,000 consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code.
3. Approve a FY 2021-22 Budget Amendment (AM-00560) in the amount of $12,798,417 to increase the Capital Project Fund, CC12018, PJ00755 Atherton Tenant Improvement Project for a total project cost of $13,760,998 by canceling General Fund Reserves Assigned for Capital and to increase the FY 2021-22 budget expenditure authority in the General Fund Contribution to Facilities and Infrastructure by the same amount.
6. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Approve the award of competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) No. 20195 to Astound Broadband LLC, a Washington limited liability company dba Wave Broadband of Roseville, CA (Wave Broadband) for the Last Mile Broadband Grant Program Round 1.
2. Approve an agreement related to RFP No. 20195 to Wave Broadband in the amount of $500,000 for the period of October 18, 2021, to October 17, 2022.
3. Authorize the County’s Chief Information Officer, or designee, to sign the agreement, any related documents for grant administration with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence and to sign amendments consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
7. PARKS AND OPEN SPACE
1. Affirm the list of projects for application of Proposition 68 Per Capita Grant funds.
2. Approve the use of Park Dedication Fees in the amount of $47,800 from Park Dedication Fee Area #11, Sheridan Area, as matching funds for the Sheridan Park Improvement Project #PJ01892 under the Per Capita Program and approve a Budget Amendment #AM-00565 appropriating those funds to CC12085 Parks and Grounds Capital Improvements.
3. Approve a FY 2021-22 Budget Amendment #AM-00556 for CC12085 Parks and Grounds Capital Improvements to increase the following Projects within the FY 2021-22 Parks Capital Budget pending execution of associated Per Capita Grant Agreements
a. PJ00185, Griffith Quarry Improvements by $127,610.00.
b. PJ01892, Sheridan Park Improvements by $239,000.00
c. PJ00065, Martis Valley Trail by $175,000.
8. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) Charles J. Wilson v. County of Placer
Placer County Superior Court Case No. S-CV0047387
(b) County of Placer v. G&S Carpet Mills, Inc.
Placer County Superior Court Case No. S-CV-0045991
(c) Placer County Deputy Sheriff’s Association v. County of Placer
PERB Case No. SA-CE-1158-M
(d) Ryan A. Harris v. Placer County, et al
U.S. District Court-Eastern District Case No. 2:19-CV-01139-MCE-DMC
2. Anticipated Litigation:
(b) Potential exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(2) of Government Code §54956.9: One potential case
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: Todd Leopold, Kate Sampson, Dennis
Batchelder, Che Johnson, and Karin Schwab
Employee organization: DSA
(C) GOVERNMENT CODE §54957 – PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT
1. Government Code §54957(b)(1): Community Development Resource Agency Director
(a) Recruitment/Interview Process
2. Government Code §54957(b)(1): Parks and Open Space Director
(a) Recruitment/Interview Process
(D) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS
(a) Property: APN 013-213-001-000
Agency Negotiators: Todd Leopold, Karin Schwab, Robert Sandman, Robert Oldham, Amy Ellis, Steve Newsom, Laurie Morse and Eric Findlay
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and Roseville Hospitality, LLC
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both
1. Approve Final Budget Amendments necessary to complete the accounting transactions for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2021.
10. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 21-078 Newman, Robert (Property Damage) $ 2,000.00
11. CLERK OF THE BOARD
1. Cancel the Regular Meeting on Monday, October 25, 2021, in Tahoe.
2. Approve the addition of a Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November 16, 2021, in Auburn.
12. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Approve a Budget Amendment to the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget based on actual beginning fund balances and adjusted reserve balances
1. Adopt a Resolution approving South Placer Fire Protection District's 2020 Fire Impact Fee increase of 5.7% and establish automatic annual fee adjustment for inflation.
1. Appoint Supervisor Gore to the California State Association of Counties Board of Directors for the 2022 calendar year.
1. Approval of the Placer County Holiday Schedule for the calendar year 2022.
13. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
1. Approve the recommendations from the Colfax Hall Board of Trustees for the rate schedule pertaining to the rental of the Colfax Veterans Memorial Hall.
14. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve the appointment of John Healy, American Legion Post 169, to the Placer County Veterans Advisory Council.
15. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Adopt a Resolution approving and authorizing the Chairperson to execute the Golden State Connect Authority Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement for the purpose of expand rural broadband.
16. PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Authorize the purchase of ammunition from San Diego Police Equipment Inc. of San Diego, CA on an as-needed basis in the maximum aggregate amount of $350,000 for the period of October 12, 2021, through September 30, 2022.
2. Approve the option to renew this authorization for two (2) additional one-year periods in the maximum aggregate amount of $350,000 annually and authorize increases not to exceed a cumulative amount of $35,000, consistent with the Procurement Policy.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents, subject to departmental concurrence and available funding.
1. Approve an agreement with the City of Roseville in the total amount of $116,964 for rental of space at the Maidu Community Center for use as a COVID-19 vaccination site for the period of October 18, 2021, through June 30, 2022, funded by the California Department of Public Health COVID-19 Supplemental IZ grant.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all related documents.
17. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Confirm the County’s appraised value of $16.08/sq. ft. (Class 5 Soils, 1,655± sq. ft.), $1.00/sq. ft. (Class 1B Soils, 1,619± sq. ft.), and $0.25/sq. ft. (Encumbered by TCPUD Waterline Easement, 940± sq. ft.) for 350 Trout Avenue, for a total value of $28,500, is the Fair Market Value of the Sacramento Avenue Highway Easement area proposed for abandonment.
2. Confirm the County’s appraised value of $1.00/sq. ft. (Unencumbered by TCPUD Waterline Easement) and $0.25/sq. ft. (Encumbered by TCPUD Waterline Easement, 1,560± sq. ft.) for 4995 Sacramento Avenue, for a total value of $900, is the Fair Market Value of the Sacramento Avenue Highway Easement area proposed for abandonment.
3. Adopt a Resolution abandoning a portion of the Highway Easement for Sacramento Avenue in Homewood described in the staff report Exhibits, subject to the findings set forth herein, with recordation contingent upon the owners paying, in full, the Fair Market Value as established by the Board.
18. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $2,700 in Revenue Sharing monies to Placer Land Trust as requested by Supervisor Gore ($500), Supervisor Weygandt ($500), Supervisor Holmes ($500), Supervisor Jones ($200) and Supervisor Gustafson ($1,000).
1. Approve appropriation of $700 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Foresthill Divide Chamber of Commerce as requested by Supervisor Jones ($200) and Supervisor Gustafson ($500).
1. Approve appropriation of $750 in Revenue Sharing monies to Downtown Roseville Partnership as requested by Supervisor Gore ($250) and Supervisor Jones ($500).
1. Approve appropriation of $700 in Revenue Sharing monies to Placer Breast Cancer Foundation, Paint Placer Pink as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250), Supervisor Jones ($250) and Supervisor Gustafson ($200).
1. Approve appropriation of $1,400 in Revenue Sharing monies to Gold Country Fair/20th District Agricultural Association as requested by Supervisor Gore ($250), Supervisor Weygandt ($200), Supervisor Holmes ($500), Supervisor Jones ($200) and Supervisor Gustafson ($250).
19. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
1. Approve the temporary borrowing of Treasury funds for FY 2021-22 by the Placer Hills Union School District ($1,500,000) and the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District ($10,000,000) as prescribed by the California State Constitution.
20. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
October 25, 2021 (Tahoe)
October 26, 2021 (Tahoe)
November 9, 2021
November 30, 2021
December 7, 2021
December 14, 2021
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The public’s participation in the Board of Supervisors meeting will be received through the following means:
· The board meeting room will be open to in-person attendance.
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
· You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 962 8738 4393.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2021