COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1 Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Suzanne Jones, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5, Vice Chair
The board meeting will be open to in-person attendance. The entire meeting will be available on livestream. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function or if you have joined the Zoom meeting via phone at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 949 4388 1855 please dial *9 to “raise hand” and queue for Public Comment. Please raise your hand at the time the Chair announces the item. Please Note: There will be no phone reservation line.
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Supervisor Gore
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
1. GOLD COUNTRY FAIRGROUNDS AND EVENT CENTER
1. Receive a Presentation from Don Ales on the 2021 Gold Country Fair.
2. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Receive a presentation from the Placer County Veterans Service Officer and the Placer County Veterans Advisory Council.
3. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Community Development Resource Agency to submit an application to CalHome on behalf of the County of Placer and execute an agreement, subsequent amendments and any other documents required by HCD for participation in the CalHome Program.
2. Adopt a Resolution approving the County of Placer’s Reuse Plan and Loan Servicing Guidelines and authorizing Community Development Resource Agency Staff to make revisions and changes to the documents as needed to comply with CalHome Program Regulations.
4. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive a presentation on the work of the Fire Service Ad Hoc Committee to address fiscal and operational challenges of the Placer County Fire funding structure.
2. Provide direction on recommendations for a more sustainable and effective fire/emergency medical services system for Placer County.
6. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Adopt a Resolution establishing a new Community Development Resource Agency Administrative Technology Fee.
7. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
1. Approve the recommendations from the Foresthill Hall Board of Trustees for the rate schedule pertaining to rental of the Foresthill Veterans Memorial Hall.
1. Approve award of bids to Staples Construction Company, Inc., Mark Scott Construction, S + B James Construction California, Inc, PRIDE Industries One, Inc., and Mesa Energy Systems, Inc., the five responsible and responsive bidders, for Job Order Contracting in an amount not-to-exceed $1,500,000 per contract, for a 12-month period commencing upon issuance of the first Notice to Proceed of the first Job Order.
2. Authorize the Director of Facilities Management, or designee, to execute the contracts, upon County Counsel and Risk Management concurrence, to sign Job Orders up to $250,000 and approve any supplemental Job Orders, consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code.
8. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Approve the cancellation of RFP No. 20138 for contract driver services in accordance with Section 6.1H of Placer County Procurement Policy.
2. Approve and authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute a contract with My Ride to Work for extended service bus driver service for Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit in the amount of $3,617,600 through October 2026, subject to Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
9. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Approve an amendment to contract number SCN101387 with Xerox Corporation of Lewisville, TX for leasing two digital production printer/copiers to increase the contract by $22,527 for a revised maximum amount of $210,000 and to extend the contract for the period of November 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
2. Approve the award of a sixty-month operating lease agreement with Xerox Financial Services LLC of Norwalk, CT for two digital printing presses in the aggregate amount of $276,000 for the period of January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2027.
3. Approve the award of a sixty-month Service Maintenance Agreement with Inland Business Systems of Sacramento, CA for two digital printing presses in the aggregate amount of $250,000 for the period of January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2027.
4. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents subject to departmental concurrence and available funding and to execute change orders in the not to exceed aggregate amount of $100,000 over the term of the contracts.
10. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) County of Placer v. Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation, et al.
U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Case No. 2:18-cv-01143-KJM-CKD
(b) Dianne Foster v. Ryan Ronco
California Court of Appeal - Third Appellate District Case No. C092805
Workers Compensation Appeals Board Case Nos. ADJ846339 and ADJ7084361
Placer County Superior Court Case No: S-CV-0046401
2. Anticipated Litigation:
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Employee organization: DSA
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the amended FY 2021-22 property tax rates for voter-approved indebtedness for the Tahoe Forest Hospital District, pursuant to Government Code sections 29100 and 29106.
12. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve a District Aide Employment Agreement with Katelynn Hopkins for general administrative and technical assistance to the District 5 Supervisor for the term of November 20, 2021 to December 31, 2022 at salary schedule Unclassified Grade UA6, Range A, Step (1) for the amount of $36.43 per hour plus benefits, and authorize the County Executive Officer to execute the agreement
13. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 21-086 Langley, Christopher (Personal Injury) $50,000.00
2. 21-088 Imani, Kewmarse (Personal Injury) $3,000,000.00
3. 21-090 Castagna, Michael (Personal Injury) $25,000.00
14. CLERK OF THE BOARD
1. Approve the 2022 Placer County Board of Supervisors Meeting Schedule.
15. COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the reappointment of Merry Holiday-Hanson to Seat #3 representing Placer County on the Placer Mosquito and Vector Control District.
1. Approve the appointment of Judy McKeig to Seat #4 and Nehemiah Stone to Seat #5 on the Horseshoe Bar-Penryn Municipal Advisory Council.
1. Approve the reappointments of Allen “Al” Baker to Seat #1 and Shirley Turner to Seat #2 on the Gold Run Cemetery Committee.
16. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Approve and authorize the Chair to execute the Bickford Ranch Subdivision Monumentation Replacement Agreement and approve recordation of the Agreement.
2. Authorize the Director of the Community Development Resource Agency to return the original security to the original subdivider upon recordation of the Subdivision Improvement Replacement Agreement and accept the reduced security for the remaining work.
1. Adopt the Ordinance introduced on October 12, 2021 levying special taxes for the fiscal year 2022-2023 and following fiscal years solely within and relating to the County of Placer CFD 2012-1 (Sunset Industrial Area Services).
1. Adopt the Ordinance introduced on October 26, 2021 levying special taxes for the fiscal year 2022-2023 and following fiscal years solely within and relating to the County of Placer CFD 2012-1 (Sunset Industrial Area Services).
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Community Development Resource Agency Director, or their Designee to submit a Prohousing Designation Program application to the California Department of Housing and Community Development (“HCD”); and execute all documents deemed necessary or appropriate to participate in the Prohousing Designation Program if approved by HCD.
17. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the new Plaques and Memorial Policy for the Placer Administrative Manual.
1. Approve the addition of the Golden State Connect Authority to the 2021 Board Committees and Commissions List.
2. Consider the appointment of District 5 Supervisor – Cindy Gustafson to the Golden State Connect Authority and District 3 Supervisor - Jim Holmes as an alternate to the Golden State Connect Authority for the remainder of 2021.
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the Alpine Springs County Water District Capital Facilities and Mitigation Fee Expenditure Plan Annual Update that takes effect January 8, 2022.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing designated staff to execute for and on behalf of Placer County for all actions necessary to obtain funds in the 2021 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) and 2021 EMPG-American Rescue Plan Act.
1. Approval of the Corrected Placer County Holiday Schedule for the calendar year 2022.
18. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Adopt a Resolution to apply for and accept the Transitional Housing Program Allocation Round 3 award issued by the State of California, Department of Housing and Community Development and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the award acceptance and related documentation with County Counsel concurrence.
2. Adopt a Resolution to apply for and accept the Housing Navigators Program Allocation Round 2 award issued by the State of California, Department of Housing and Community Development and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the award acceptance and related documentation with County Counsel concurrence.
1. Approve an amendment to a Master Agreement with eight (8) suppliers for Meal Delivery Services in the aggregate amount of $175,000 for a new maximum aggregate amount of $1,475,000 through December 31, 2021.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
19. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt a Resolution to establish the employer health insurance contribution for the Placer County Law Enforcement Management Association employees or annuitants hired on or before December 31, 2004.
2. Adopt a Resolution to establish the employer contribution for public agency vesting under Section 22893 of the Public Employees’ Medical and Hospital Care Act for the Placer County Law Enforcement Management Association annuitants hired on or after January 1, 2005.
2. Adopt a Resolution to implement the adjusted employer contribution for public agency vesting under Section 22893 of the Public Employees’ Medical and Hospital Care Act for Deputy Sheriff’s Association annuitants hired on or after January 1, 2005.
20. PARKS AND OPEN SPACE
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute agreements with the Auburn Area Recreation and Parks District to provide $60,000 in Park Dedication Fees from Recreation Area #5 (Meadow Vista-Auburn Area) for playground improvements at Meadow Vista Park, subject to Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
2. Approve a Budget Amendment (AM-00573) appropriating $60,000 from Recreation Area #5, Meadow Vista-Auburn Area to the Capital Project Account PJ00876, Park Fees – Other Agency Projects.
21. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Adopt a Resolution of Intention to set a public hearing on November 30, 2021, at 9:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter, to consider annexation of Brookwood Estates, located south of PFE Road and east of Walerga Road in West Placer (APN 023-260-034-000), into the boundaries of County Service Area 28, Zone of Benefit 173 – Dry Creek to provide sewer service.
22. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $750 in Revenue Sharing monies to The Cowpoke Foundation as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($100) and Supervisor Holmes ($500) and Supervisor Jones ($150).
1. Approve a contract between the Placer County Sheriff’s Office and the Sutter County Sheriff’s Office for pathology and morgue services with a prorated amount of $73,333 for the term of November 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022, and authorize the Placer County Sheriff-Coroner-Marshal to execute.
1. Approve a commendation for Deputy Steven Lawicka for more than twenty-two years of dedicated public service as an employee of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
24. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
1. Approve the temporary borrowing of Treasury funds for FY 2021-22 by the Sierra Joint Community College District ($25,000,000) as prescribed by the California State Constitution.
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on November 16, 2021.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
November 16, 2021
November 30, 2021
December 7, 2021
December 14, 2021
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The public’s participation in the Board of Supervisors meeting will be received through the following means:
· The board meeting room will be open to in-person attendance.
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
· You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 949 4388 1855.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2021