COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1 Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chair Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Suzanne Jones, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5, Vice Chair
The board meeting will be open to in-person attendance. The entire meeting will be available on livestream. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function or if you have joined the Zoom meeting via phone at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 996 9270 3415 please dial *9 to “raise hand” and queue for Public Comment. Please raise your hand at the time the Chair announces the item. Please Note: There will be no phone reservation line.
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Chair Weygandt
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. The Board will convene as the Placer Vineyards Park and Recreation District for Item #11.A. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
1. Approve the Placer County Public Safety Realignment Implementation Plan 2021 Update as recommended by the Community Corrections Partnership vote on and approved by the Executive Committee pursuant to Penal Code Sections 1230 and 1230.1
1. Approve a change order to an agreement with Satellite Tracking of People, LLC., of Houston, TX, and SCRAM Systems of San Diego, CA, for the as-needed purchase of electronic GPS and alcohol monitoring equipment and services, in the amount of $250,000, for a revised maximum amount of $1,047,000.
2. Approve the option to renew the agreements with Satellite Tracking of People, LLC., of Houston, TX, and SCRAM Systems of San Diego, CA, for the as-needed purchase of electronic GPS and alcohol monitoring equipment and services using a competitively awarded National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO) - ValuePoint public agency cooperative contract for a 17-month period in the aggregate maximum amount of $1,957,344.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents subject to departmental concurrence and available funding and authorize change orders in the amount not-to-exceed $100,000 in aggregate, consistent with Placer County’s Procurement Policy.
3. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Continue the November 30, 2021 hearing on supervisorial district map alternatives.
2. Adopt a Resolution approving Alternative A as the final supervisorial district map based on the findings contained within the resolution.
3. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced on November 30, 2021, amending Placer County Code Chapter 1, Article 1.08 to adopt final County supervisorial district boundaries.
4. In the alternative, instead of action items Nos. 2 and 3, take the following actions:
a. Rescind the Board’s prior action from November 30, 2021 to tentatively approve Alternative A.
b. Tentatively approve a different map alternative, with direction to staff to provide findings supportive of the selected alternative at the December 14, 2021 hearing.
c. Introduce and waive oral reading of an Ordinance, with insertion of the tentatively approved map as Figure 1.08 in the ordinance.
Submitted Maps: https://www.placer.ca.gov/7273/Get-Map-Files
4. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Approve and authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to execute a Deferred Fee Agreement for Tier II Fee deferrals with Lennar Homes of California, Inc. for Placer Vineyards Specific Plan Property 1A.
5. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
El Dorado County Superior Court Case No: PC-20210419
(b) Charles J. Wilson v. County of Placer
El Dorado County Superior Court Case No: PC-20210420
(c) Placer County Deputy Sheriff’s Association v. County of Placer
PERB Case No. SA-CE-1158-M
(d) Sprint Telephony PCS, LP v. County of Placer
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV-0043976
(e) Pacific Bell Telephone Co. v. County of Placer
Placer County Superior Court Case No. S-CV-0043977
(f) T-Mobile West LLC v. County of Placer
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV-0043979
(g) AT&T Mobility LLC v. County of Placer
Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV-0043980
(h) AT&T Corp. v. County of Placer
Placer County Superior Court Case No. M-CV-0075125
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Employee organization: DSA
6. CLERK OF THE BOARD
1. Approve the Minutes of November 9, 2021
2. Approve the Minutes of November 16, 2021
7. COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the reappointment of Todd Mather to Seat #1, Shannon Barter to Seat #3 and Jennifer Stoll to Seat #4 on the Tahoe Basin Design Review Committee.
8. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Authorize the Chair to sign the Whitehawk II Subdivision Final Map and Subdivision Improvement Agreement and approve recordation of the Final Map and the Agreement.
2. Adopt a Resolution to abandon certain Sewer Access Easements and authorize the County Surveyor to take all necessary steps to record the Resolution of Abandonment upon completion and acceptance of the subdivision improvements within the Whitehawk II property.
9. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve an agreement with Community Care on Palm to provide long-term psychiatric/skilled nursing residential care services for mentally disabled adults for the period of July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023 for a total amount not to exceed $85,000, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to execute the agreement with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence and to sign amendments up to $8,500 consistent with the current agreement’s subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Health and Human Services to sign an amendment with the California Department of Public Health for the operation of the Women, Infants, and Children Program from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2022 for an increase of $136,105 for a new total amount not to exceed $3,565,882 with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and to sign any associated agreements, subsequent amendments up to $100,000 and related documents with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
10. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced November 30, 2021, to amend the uncodified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance to update the Executive Assistant classification, create the Sheriff’s Cadet classification, and abolish obsolete classifications.
1. Approve and adopt the Equal Employment Opportunity Program effective January 1 through December 31, 2022.
11. PLACER VINEYARDS PARK AND RECREATION DISTRICT
1. Approve and authorize the Placer Vineyards Park and Recreation District Chair or Designee to execute:
1. Placer Vineyards Specific Plan Fee Program Fee Credit/Reimbursement Agreement No. 1 – Placer Vineyards Specific Plan Neighborhood Parks Fee Component
2. Placer Vineyards Specific Plan Fee Program Fee Credit/Reimbursement Agreement No. 2 – Placer Vineyards Specific Plan Neighborhood Parks Fee Component
1. Review and approve Probation’s Electronic Monitoring Program policy, rules and regulations (incorporated herein by reference) in accordance with Penal Code 1203.016 (d) (1) and Penal Code 1203.017 (d) (1).
13. PUBLIC WORKS
2. Authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to transfer operations and maintenance responsibilities of this recreational asset from the Department of Public Works to the Department of Parks and Open Space upon recordation of the Notice of Completion.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute a Construction Contract Change Order (CCO) to increase the limits of asphalt paving in an amount not to exceed $105,000. This additional CCO authority will increase the total aggregate amount of CCO authority of the Director of Public Works, or designee, to $181,586, consistent with Public Contract Code Section 20142 and the County Procurement Policy Manual. This action will increase the total contract amount not to exceed amount to $1,461,711. This construction contract is funded with $1,400,000 Federal Regional Surface Transportation Program funds and up to $365,000 of Local Traffic Impact Fee funds.
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to award and execute a consultant services agreement in the amount of $168,660 with Lumos & Associates for preliminary engineering work to support the Environmental Impact Report environmental analysis currently in progress by Ascent Environmental for the Truckee River Recreational Access Project, and authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to execute amendments up to $16,866.00 consistent with the Procurement Policy.
1. Accept the improvements for the Riolo Vineyard Sewer Lift Station (Project No. ESD18-00132) and supporting sewer infrastructure (Project No. ESD18-00207) as complete.
2. Authorize the Faithful Performance and Labor and Materials sureties to be set at:
a. Faithful Performance – 10 percent of the total estimated cost of the accepted Improvements immediately upon the Board’s approval.
b. Labor and Material – 50 percent of the total estimated cost of the accepted improvements or lesser amount pursuant to Paragraph 13B of Improvement Agreement #2 for the Glen Willow Subdivision, recorded as Document No. 2020-0104694, and in conformance with Government Code Section 66499.7.
3. Authorize the Director of Public Works to accept and record a grant deed (or Acceptance of the Irrevocable Offer of Dedication in Fee) for this property.
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve the plans and specifications for the Foresthill Road High Friction Surface Treatment Project included in the Department of Public Works FY 2021-22 Budget funded by the Federal Highway Safety Improvement Program and authorize the Director of Public Works, or designee, to advertise for construction bids.
14. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
1. Adopt a Resolution determining that Special Taxes shall cease to be levied on certain property in Improvement Area No. 1 of the County of Placer Community Facilities District No. 2017-1 (Riolo Vineyard Specific Plan), directing execution and recordation of a Notice of Cessation of Special Tax, and directing other related actions
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on December 14, 2021.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
December 14, 2021
January 11, 2022
January 24, 2022 (Tahoe)
January 25, 2022 (Tahoe)
February 8, 2022
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The public’s participation in the Board of Supervisors meeting will be received through the following means:
· The board meeting room will be open to in-person attendance.
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
· You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 996 9270 3415.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2021