COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Bonnie Gore, District 1 Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chair Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Suzanne Jones, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5, Chair
Ridge Golf Course & Event Center
2020 Golf Course Road
Auburn, CA 95602
The board meeting will be open to in-person attendance. The entire meeting will be available on livestream. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function or if you have joined the Zoom meeting via phone at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 980 2102 0812 please dial *9 to “raise hand” and queue for Public Comment. Please raise your hand at the time the Chair announces the item. Please Note: There will be no phone reservation line.
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Supervisor Gore
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
1. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Receive presentations from County departments on Fiscal Year (FY) 2022-23 budget requests.
2. COUNTY COUNSEL / ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS
Property: APNs 094-130-003-000, 094-130-007-000, 094-124-014-000, 094-124-015-000, and 094-130-008-000
Agency Negotiators: Todd Leopold, Jane Christenson, Karin Schwab, Robert Sandman, Stephanie Holloway, Shawna Purvines, Steve Newsom, Laurie Morse and Eric Findlay
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and The Paul Dyer 2021 Revocable Living Trust and Terry Dyer, Terry and Bonnie Dyer, Sierra Crest Company
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment, or both
3. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. CNDA 22-00046 Rua, Jennifer (Property Damage) $3,857.01
2. CNDA 22-00047 Mennick, Daniel (Personal Injury) $100,000.00
3. CNDA 22-00048 Montero, Steve (Property Damage) $1,809.26
4. CLERK OF THE BOARD
1. Change the meeting location for the Tuesday, May 24, 2022, from Tahoe to Auburn
2. Approve the addition of a Special Meeting on Monday, June 27, 2022, in Tahoe
3. Change the meeting location for the Tuesday, June 28, 2022, from Auburn to Tahoe
4. Cancel the Meeting on Monday, July 25, 2022, in Tahoe
5. Change the meeting location for the Tuesday, July 26, 2022, from Tahoe to Auburn
1. Approve the minutes of February 22, 2022
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Ratify comments submitted to the California Public Utility Commission regarding the Order Instituting Rulemaking Regarding Broadband Infrastructure Deployment and to Support Service Providers in the State of California (RULEMAKING 20-09-001).
6. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a Proclamation declaring April 4-10, 2022, as “Public Health Week” Placer County.
1. Approve the award of competitive Request for Proposal No. 20161 to Volunteers of America to provide rapid rehousing services to veterans in Placer County.
2. Approve an agreement related to RFP No. 20161 with Volunteers of America in an amount not to exceed $287,126 for the period of July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2023, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the agreement with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and to sign subsequent amendments not to exceed $28,712, consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
3. Authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to have the option to renew and execute renewals of the resulting agreement for two subsequent one-year terms in the maximum amount of $143,563 annually with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and to sign subsequent amendments for up to $14,356 annually consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
1. Ratify the Children’s System of Care Division Director’s execution of the Director’s Certification for accepting Bringing Families Home allocated funding for FY 2021-2022 in an amount not to exceed $425,000 for use from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2024, any related documentation with County Counsel and Risk Management concurrence, and to accept any rollover funds not used by other counties during this time period.
2. Approve the Children’s System of Care Division Director to sign the Director’s Certification for accepting an additional allocation of Bringing Families Home funding for FY 2022-2023 in an amount not to exceed $425,000 for use from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2025, any related documentation with County Counsel and Risk Management concurrence, and to accept any rollover funds not used by other counties during this time period.
1. Approve and authorize the Chief Probation Officer to sign the negotiated agreement with Sacramento County Office of Education and Nevada County Probation for Nevada County Probation’s participation in PREP counseling and educational services for the period of July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022. There is no cost incurred for Placer County in executing this agreement.
2. Approve the option to renew the resulting agreement for one additional one-year term and authorize the Chief Probation Officer to sign all required documents subject to County Counsel and Risk Management approvals.
8. PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve an increase to Supplier Contract No. SCN103492 with Pacific Gas and Electric Company of Sacramento, CA for the purchase of natural gas for compression as a motor vehicle fuel in the amount of $40,000 resulting in a revised maximum amount of $200,000.
2. Approve the renewal of the amended supplier contract with Pacific Gas and Electric Company in the maximum amount of $200,000, for the period of April 1, 2022 through March 31, 2023
3. Approve the option to renew the agreement on a year-to-year basis for three (3) additional one-year terms in the recommended award amount of $200,000 and authorize change orders up to a maximum amount of $20,000 consistent with Placer County’s Procurement Policy.
4. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
9. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on April 19, 2022.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
April 19, 2022
May 10, 2022
May 24, 2022 (Tahoe)
June 14, 2022
June 28, 2022
July 12, 2022
July 25, 2022 (Tahoe)
July 26, 2022 (Tahoe)
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The public’s participation in the Board of Supervisors meeting will be received through the following means:
· The board meeting room will be open to in-person attendance.
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
· You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 980 2102 0812.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2021