COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
Friday, June 3, 2022
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Bonnie Gore, District 1 Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Karin Schwab, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chair Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Suzanne Jones, District 4 Marci Branaugh, Deputy Clerk of the Board
Cindy Gustafson, District 5, Chair
The board meeting will be open to in-person attendance. The entire meeting will be available on livestream. Public Comment will be opened for each agenda item, and citizens may comment virtually through a Zoom meeting webinar https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive utilizing the “raise hand” function or if you have joined the Zoom meeting via phone at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 959 7380 3612 please dial *9 to “raise hand” and queue for Public Comment. Please raise your hand at the time the Chair announces the item. Please Note: There will be no phone reservation line.
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE: Led by Chair Gustafson
PUBLIC COMMENT: 1) Sarah Rose, Michelle Mendez, Lynette Dubey, Erin Acosta, Andrea, Cynthia Conner, Nia Cooper and Jayson Wedge requested transparency regarding the tragic accident that took place March 19, 2022 involving Todd Leopold and Anthony Williams.
1. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) GOVERNMENT CODE §54957 – PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT
Government Code §54957(b)(1): County Executive Officer
(i) Evaluation of Performance, Discipline or Dismissal
The Board of Supervisors met in closed session to evaluate County Executive Officer Todd Leopold following receipt of a Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Complaint filed by an employee on May 25, 2022, and naming Mr. Leopold. Mr. Leopold was duly noticed of this closed session. The Board voted unanimously (Vote: 5-0, Ayes: Gore, Weygandt, Jones, Holmes, Gustafson; Noes: None to direct County Counsel to transmit today a 30-day notice of termination with cause pursuant to the terms of the County's employment contract with Mr. Leopold. The afore mentioned complaint is a confidential personnel matter and will not be disclosed to the public. The complaint and the Board's action today are unrelated to the tragic accident involving Mr. Leopold and Anthony Williams on March 19, 2022.
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on June 14, 2022.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
June 14, 2022
June 27, 2022 (Tahoe)
June 28, 2022 (Tahoe)
July 12, 2022
July 26, 2022
August 9, 2022
August 23, 2022
September 13, 2022
September 27, 2022
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails.
To watch Board meetings or view Agendas online, go to Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov
The public’s participation in the Board of Supervisors meeting will be received through the following means:
· The board meeting room will be open to in-person attendance.
· The Board proceedings are available via Zoom and you may also participate in Public Comment by using the “raise hand” function https://www.placer.ca.gov/boslive
· You may call in to listen toll free at 877-853-5247 using the Webinar ID 959 7380 3612.
· The public may always email comments to the Clerk of the Board [email protected] or mail the same through the U.S. Postal Service to the County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
· All written or emailed public comments received prior to 5 p.m. the day prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board members electronically or in written format.
· Emails received through the Clerk’s email address above during the meeting will still become part of the record for the Board meeting and retained by the Clerk.
· The public may always view a live video feed of the meeting online from the comfort/safety of their own home or workplace at www.placer.ca.gov . Closed captioning is available.
· Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/7705/_2022