How do I qualify for disaster relief?

Property tax relief is available to owners of real property, business personal property, agricultural crops, boats, aircraft, and certain mobile homes. Unassessed items such as household furnishings are not eligible for relief.

Qualifying damage resulting from calamity would be due to fire, flood, earthquake, storm, vehicle or other means of disaster through no fault of the property owner(s).

To qualify for property tax relief, you must file an application with the county
assessor within 12 months from the date of damage or destruction. The loss
estimate must be at least $10,000 of current market value to qualify.

Show All Answers

1. My home was damaged by a fire. What do I do? Where do I start?
2. How do I qualify for disaster relief?
3. Where can I get the application for reassessment of property damaged by misfortune or calamity?
4. Once I file my application, what is the process?
5. How does the Assessor's office determine the amount of property taxes to be refunded if my house was partially damaged?
6. After my property is rebuilt or repaired following the damage, will my property taxes increase over what they were before?
7. What if I disagree with the value as determined by the Assessor's Office?
8. Our home was damaged from a forest fire last year and we had to move out while it is being repaired. Are we still allowed the homeowner's exemption even though we have not returned to our house?