When can I burn?

All burning must take place on a burn day. Some holidays during the burn season are no burn days. For Burn Day information, please call:

  • The Auburn Local Calling Area: 530-889-6868
  • Toll Free in Placer County: 800-998-2876
    • The toll-free number is only for landlines in Placer County

Show All Answers

1. What is land development burning?
2. Do I need a burn permit from the Air Pollution Control District?
3. What can be burned?
4. What are illegal-disallowed combustibles?
5. Are there alternatives to burning?
6. Once I have an air pollution permit, how should I burn my material?
7. Can I burn stumps or larger vegetation?
8. When can I burn?
9. Who can I contact for information on burning and air quality?