I’ve been offered a job with Placer County. What happens next?

For permanent positions and many extra help/temporary positions, before the date of hire, your employment is contingent upon passing a medical examination. This may include drug screening and possibly a psychological evaluation, signing a constitutional oath, and submitting proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal right to remain and work in the U.S. Depending on the position, you may also be required to submit proof of age, undergo a background check, be bonded, and/or be fingerprinted. If you are currently employed it is recommended that you not quit your current job until you have successfully cleared the medical examination.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a job?
2. If I am a Temporary/Extra Help Employee, how do I apply for Permanent, Open Positions?
3. What am I required to report when asked about any prior convictions?
4. Is there a way to practice filling out and submitting an application online if I’m not ready to submit a real application?
5. How do I qualify for Veteran’s Preference?
6. What happens after I submit my application?
7. I’ve been offered a job with Placer County. What happens next?
8. I currently work for another public agency. Is there a way I can transfer to Placer County?
9. My contact information has changed. How do I let you know?
10. Can I change the departments I want my name to go to?
11. Does Placer County use any Temporary Employment Agencies?
12. I currently contribute to PERS. How will a move to Placer County affect my contributions/retirement?
13. Will I have to go through a background check?
14. When do I need a document cover sheet?
15. What if I’m interested in a job you’re not currently recruiting for?
16. How do I find job specifications for the different positions?
17. How do I find out how much a job pays?
18. Can I apply for multiple jobs by submitting just one application?
19. Can experience be substituted for education in the area of minimum qualifications?
20. I’m having a problem getting this to work on my computer. Who can assist me?
21. Can I submit a copy of my degree from a foreign college or university?
22. Can I get extra pay for being bi-lingual?