What am I required to report when asked about any prior convictions?

Conviction for a crime is not necessarily a bar to employment. Each case is considered separately based on job requirements. You may omit:

  • Minor traffic violations
  • Any offense committed prior to your 18th birthday which was finally adjudicated in a Juvenile Court of under a youth offender law
  • Any incident sealed under Welfare and Institutions Code 781 or Penal Code 1203.45
  • Any offenses committed under Health and Safety Codes 11357(b) or (c); 11360(c); 11364, 11365 or 11550 as related to marijuana prior to January 1, 1976 or any other convictions mentioned in Labor Code § 432.8

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a job?
2. If I am a Temporary/Extra Help Employee, how do I apply for Permanent, Open Positions?
3. What am I required to report when asked about any prior convictions?
4. Is there a way to practice filling out and submitting an application online if I’m not ready to submit a real application?
5. How do I qualify for Veteran’s Preference?
6. What happens after I submit my application?
7. I’ve been offered a job with Placer County. What happens next?
8. I currently work for another public agency. Is there a way I can transfer to Placer County?
9. My contact information has changed. How do I let you know?
10. Can I change the departments I want my name to go to?
11. Does Placer County use any Temporary Employment Agencies?
12. I currently contribute to PERS. How will a move to Placer County affect my contributions/retirement?
13. Will I have to go through a background check?
14. When do I need a document cover sheet?
15. What if I’m interested in a job you’re not currently recruiting for?
16. How do I find job specifications for the different positions?
17. How do I find out how much a job pays?
18. Can I apply for multiple jobs by submitting just one application?
19. Can experience be substituted for education in the area of minimum qualifications?
20. I’m having a problem getting this to work on my computer. Who can assist me?
21. Can I submit a copy of my degree from a foreign college or university?
22. Can I get extra pay for being bi-lingual?